Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

Thanks, keep us posted on the game Friday!!!!! How is Kenwood?

Ok, here we go. After a one hour rain delay they finally played. The Cougars won the scrimmage 6 touchdowns to none. The defense looks very good. The linebackers (#33 and #42) were all over the field. The secondary looked good, but they did not pass much. It looked like Coach Martin played everyone. The first string defense held Kenwood to negitive yards. On offense, they looked better than I expected. Yes, there O-Line is BIG! The quarterback (#3) looked good, but they did not throw much at the scrimmage because they got up on Kenwood quick. Their fullback is a load (#32). He is about 6' 2" and about 225 pounds. He was running hard behind that big line. The two receivers (#28) and (#9) are athletes, you can tell. #9 is really fast, and #28 made a nice catch on a go route. All in all, nothing special as far as individual plays, they just look very organized and very sharp for a spring practice. They have size and speed, and they look like they are going to be a very touch team to beat. If there is one thing I can say, I would say that they looked very balanced. But one thing is for sure, they will have a very good defense this year! Thanks to Kenwood for playing with class.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard that the back up quarterback for Goodpasture is not going to play football anymore. I wish him well.

What class would he have been this upcoming year? Jr? Sr? Hate to hear any kid quitting football, but then again football isnt for everybody. ..

The Goodpasture boys had another practice today. They are looking good. They have a couple of key players that didnt partisipate, but they look good for this time of year. They definately have size. There O-line is hudge. The left tackle is 6'5" 300, left guard is 6' 1" 315, center is 6' 1" 240, right guard is 6' 2" 275, and the right tackle is 6' 6" 315. I dont know how well they can block, but they look the part! This was final tune up before there spring game on Friday. I will let you know how it goes Friday!

Were these lineman on the team last year?

Were these lineman on the team last year?

I just found out that the injured lineman for Goodpasture (#74) in the scrimmage is going to be okay. They said he would be down about three to four weeks. He is going to be key for the OL. It looks like he is going to play guard, and he is about 275-280 lbs.