Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

No public school should be able to play with a private school. No private school should be in any public school district.If they play as a non-district game that's o.k. I guess. Im not belly ack'n it's just clearly an unfair advantage.Private schools get the best of the best. Public schools have to play with what they have. No way you can word it to me and tell me it;s fair.

I understand what you are saying, but it is not that easy. Obviously, privates can go get players, but TSSAA makes them play up two levels to try and even it out. But it is more than Private vs Public. You also have to take into consideration how many kids a school can pull from. Look at Alcoa and Merryville. They have huge areas to pull from. Those two schools have a big advantage over both Public and Private! But that is the system, and I say good for them. That will make it all the sweeter if any team can beat those teams. And even though some teams have this advantage, or that advantage, these are still young teenagers and anything can happen! So instead of turning this post into public vs private, how about talking about the actual players?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but GP is playing in a district that they should win every year. Come on now, how does a team like Westmoreland exspect to play a team that recruits its talent. Very lop-sided district here. As for White House, little bit better game here, but still a large task for even them to compete. Is Martin afraid to play the likes of MBA and Brentwood Academy every year for state championship. Most of us would agree, heck Yeah he is.

Sorry, but GP is playing in a district that they should win every year. Come on now, how does a team like Westmoreland exspect to play a team that recruits its talent. Very lop-sided district here. As for White House, little bit better game here, but still a large task for even them to compete. Is Martin afraid to play the likes of MBA and Brentwood Academy every year for state championship. Most of us would agree, heck Yeah he is.

If they are recruiting turn them in and then you won't have to worry about it. And instead of whining as you have done for years make your school an open enrollment school like Alcoa. They don't have problems with beating Goodpasture. Get better instead of handcuffing yourself and trying to take down others.

I do not agree that they are in a district they should win every year, but I do agree that this year it should come down to Whitehouse and Goodpasture. As far as Coach Martin being afraid to play bigger teams, that is completely wrong! In fact, he goes out of his way to play the bigger schools to get his team ready for the playoffs. Every year, their first pre-season game is against MBA. Every year, their non-region games are very impressive. Every year they play much bigger schools than they are. Here is a list of the non-region games they played last year: David Lipscomb, McGavock, Ravenwood and JP2. And even though they changed districts this year, they have added rival CPA to thier non-district games. So this year, their non-district games are Whites Creek, McGavock, CPA, David Lipscomb, and Ravenwood. I think it is safe to say that their is not another team out there that plays as tough of a non-district schedule. And everyone of this years non-district games are in bigger classifications except for CPA, which is an outstanding program. So most of us dont agree!

I do not agree that they are in a district they should win every year, but I do agree that this year it should come down to Whitehouse and Goodpasture. As far as Coach Martin being afraid to play bigger teams, that is completely wrong! In fact, he goes out of his way to play the bigger schools to get his team ready for the playoffs. Every year, their first pre-season game is against MBA. Every year, their non-region games are very impressive. Every year they play much bigger schools than they are. Here is a list of the non-region games they played last year: David Lipscomb, McGavock, Ravenwood and JP2. And even though they changed districts this year, they have added rival CPA to thier non-district games. So this year, their non-district games are Whites Creek, McGavock, CPA, David Lipscomb, and Ravenwood. I think it is safe to say that their is not another team out there that plays as tough of a non-district schedule. And everyone of this years non-district games are in bigger classifications except for CPA, which is an outstanding program. So most of us dont agree!

Then how about joining these teams in their districts and their playoff system. Matter-a-fact, join our district. I don't remember saying anything about non-district schedule, but you play down to less talented teams in the playoffs. Come on, did I strike a nerve with you and JOEJOE. Play some real competition when it matters. Quit your whinning boy. If GP and PJ would leave our boyz alone then we would be at the top of the food chain. JP sits down at the bottom of their district (they can't compete). Maybe they'll join you guyz in a few years and play class 3A ball. Then they'll have a chance to win a title too.

Then how about joining these teams in their districts and their playoff system. Matter-a-fact, join our district. I don't remember saying anything about non-district schedule, but you play down to less talented teams in the playoffs. Come on, did I strike a nerve with you and JOEJOE. Play some real competition when it matters. Quit your whinning boy. If GP and PJ would leave our boyz alone then we would be at the top of the food chain. JP sits down at the bottom of their district (they can't compete). Maybe they'll join you guyz in a few years and play class 3A ball. Then they'll have a chance to win a title too.

You are right about one thing, you did not mention anything about non-district games. But what you were suggesting is that Goodpasture is ducking tough competion. I was just making a point that Goodpasture plays if not the best, one of the best non-region schedules out there. And as you know, a teams non-district games are the only games it can controll on its schedule. And if I am not mistaken the new district that Goodpasture is in is basically the region Station Camp has been in the past few years. Also, for the last three years Station Camp was the size of a 4A school (last years rules) playing in 3A (last years rules) because they were a new school and grew faster than antisipated. That is why they had to jump from 3A last year to 5A this year. So my point is that you can pick apart almost any situation you want. There is no whinning going on here! I have stated in earlier posts that there are schools that have advantages and schools that dont (Alcoa and Merryiville), but I have said continuously "good for them". I tell my children all the time that life is not fair, and you have to make the best of your situation. These are the facts, not nerves.

Back to football! Goodpasture, like alot of other schools are in the middle of their spring football. The boys are looking good! We should have pleanty of size and speed, plus our quaterback and receivers are getting there timing down. Goodpasture's spring game will be Friday, May 15th at Goodpasture. They are definately working more of the spread offense this year! It looks likes the sophomore class (will be juniors next year) is going to be something special when they are seniors. You can tell that there are several players that have stepped up their game since last year.

I understand what you are saying, but it is not that easy. Obviously, privates can go get players, but TSSAA makes them play up two levels to try and even it out. But it is more than Private vs Public. You also have to take into consideration how many kids a school can pull from. Look at Alcoa and Merryville. They have huge areas to pull from. Those two schools have a big advantage over both Public and Private! But that is the system, and I say good for them. That will make it all the sweeter if any team can beat those teams. And even though some teams have this advantage, or that advantage, these are still young teenagers and anything can happen! So instead of turning this post into public vs private, how about talking about the actual players?

You are right about one thing, you did not mention anything about non-district games. But what you were suggesting is that Goodpasture is ducking tough competion. I was just making a point that Goodpasture plays if not the best, one of the best non-region schedules out there. And as you know, a teams non-district games are the only games it can controll on its schedule. And if I am not mistaken the new district that Goodpasture is in is basically the region Station Camp has been in the past few years. Also, for the last three years Station Camp was the size of a 4A school (last years rules) playing in 3A (last years rules) because they were a new school and grew faster than antisipated. That is why they had to jump from 3A last year to 5A this year. So my point is that you can pick apart almost any situation you want. There is no whinning going on here! I have stated in earlier posts that there are schools that have advantages and schools that dont (Alcoa and Merryiville), but I have said continuously "good for them". I tell my children all the time that life is not fair, and you have to make the best of your situation. These are the facts, not nerves.

well maybe your private school son could teach you how to spell "Maryville"...... Good gosh!