Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

A little testy are we? Just getting a gage on how good you son (the starter for GP) is. I just thought that you might know a little about the place you where you live.

No not being testy, just didnt think it would be right to comment on Hendersonville when we dont know much about the school.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but GP is playing in a district that they should win every year. Come on now, how does a team like Westmoreland exspect to play a team that recruits its talent. Very lop-sided district here. As for White House, little bit better game here, but still a large task for even them to compete. Is Martin afraid to play the likes of MBA and Brentwood Academy every year for state championship. Most of us would agree, heck Yeah he is.

Uh, hello????? It's a large task for even White House to compete with Goodpasture? Please!!! This should be one of the better games of the season. Don't simply hand this title to the Cougars. Sycamore and Greenbrier will also be able to compete with the Cougars.

Uh, hello????? It's a large task for even White House to compete with Goodpasture? Please!!! This should be one of the better games of the season. Don't simply hand this title to the Cougars. Sycamore and Greenbrier will also be able to compete with the Cougars.

Good to know that Greenbrier can compete with GP, that means Westmoreland can as well. Westmoreland has scrimmaged Greenbrier the past couple of years and they are right there with the Bobcats seems like to me. They would probably beat them in a regular season game from the looks of some of those scrimmages. New coach could make things interesting though. We are trying to learn new skeems so this could take a while. Goodpasture will be hard to beat for any of the teams on most years. Last year may have been a different story. GP was a little down. White House should compete well with them on a given Friday night though. Its hard to consistently beat a team with superior talent like GP has but it can be done with a good game plan and some fired up players. You have to keep in mind this is still highschool ball. Anything can happen. This is definitlely a tough district in my oppinion.

Good to know that Greenbrier can compete with GP, that means Westmoreland can as well. Westmoreland has scrimmaged Greenbrier the past couple of years and they are right there with the Bobcats seems like to me. They would probably beat them in a regular season game from the looks of some of those scrimmages. New coach could make things interesting though. We are trying to learn new skeems so this could take a while. Goodpasture will be hard to beat for any of the teams on most years. Last year may have been a different story. GP was a little down. White House should compete well with them on a given Friday night though. Its hard to consistently beat a team with superior talent like GP has but it can be done with a good game plan and some fired up players. You have to keep in mind this is still highschool ball. Anything can happen. This is definitlely a tough district in my oppinion.

I agree that any team beat another on any given Friday. I do believe that any team can improve and perform higher than expected. Look at Goodpasture last year! It was suppose to be a "down year" and we still made it to the semi-finals, one step away from the state title game. From everyone I know in Sumner County, they tell me that Whitehouse should be very good, and the other teams like Greenbriar, Westmoreland, Macon County, and Sycamore are always well coached and ready to play. I know that Coach Martin and the Cougars never overlook anyone, and it should be a fun year of high school football. I wish all the teams a healthy offseason, and happy mothers day to all the mothers out there!

I agree that any team beat another on any given Friday. I do believe that any team can improve and perform higher than expected. Look at Goodpasture last year! It was suppose to be a "down year" and we still made it to the semi-finals, one step away from the state title game. From everyone I know in Sumner County, they tell me that Whitehouse should be very good, and the other teams like Greenbriar, Westmoreland, Macon County, and Sycamore are always well coached and ready to play. I know that Coach Martin and the Cougars never overlook anyone, and it should be a fun year of high school football. I wish all the teams a healthy offseason, and happy mothers day to all the mothers out there!

Coach Martin was my highschool coach for the spring of my freshman year and then he went to Goodpasture. He knows very well how a little country school can get up for a team like Goodpasture and beat them on any given night. He seen a great FRA team fall to a less talented Westmoreland team when he coached at Westmoreland. I am however in the same boat with some of the others who thinks Goodpasture should be competing for the playoffs against other private schools but since I dont make the rules we gotta do what we gotta do to make the playoffs if we want to go.

Coach Martin was my highschool coach for the spring of my freshman year and then he went to Goodpasture. He knows very well how a little country school can get up for a team like Goodpasture and beat them on any given night. He seen a great FRA team fall to a less talented Westmoreland team when he coached at Westmoreland. I am however in the same boat with some of the others who thinks Goodpasture should be competing for the playoffs against other private schools but since I dont make the rules we gotta do what we gotta do to make the playoffs if we want to go.

I agree that the system is not perfect. All we can do is play the games one at a time. You are right about Coach Martin, he does not take anyone lightly! Regardless if it is public or private, I have seen many teams lose to teams they should have beaten. All I can say is I am looking forward to Goodpasture's spring game coming up this Friday!

Just found out that Goodpasture will be playing Kenwood for there Spring game on Friday, May 15th. Does anybody know anything about Kenwood?

Kenwood normally has size and good athletes, but like most all other Clarksville schools in football they tend to underachieve. I'd say GP should handle them fairly easy. Down year last year after a couple of decent years.

What type of offense and defense does Kenwood run?

veer offense with a little smash mouth and thug talking 6-2 or 6-1 defense. QB and RB are good. D-1 prospect on DL. Thank you, please can I have another. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />