Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

So let me get this straight. A coach goes to three consecutive state finals and last year follows up with a trip to the state semi finals and he needs to be put out to pasture.

Makes a lot of sense. I'm assuming you are from another school and enjoy stirring it up because that is completely insane. Fact is they don't have a ton of talent like they've had in recent years. Bottom Line. They are still good but probably not great this year. Plus all they do is play school with 1000 plus kids every week.

And on the Alcoa thing. NOBODY IN 2A has given them a real game in 6 years. Not just Goodpasture. I mean nobody. Last year was by far the least talented Alcoa they've had in five years and they were still up 28-7 in the fourth quarter.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, lose one game and they want to get rid of the coach. Remember when the Cougars went 0-4 then won the state championship? We should be getting beat buy these 3A-5A teams, but that tackling attempt Friday night was sad. They looked scared.

You wanna talk about Alcoa killing us each year? Can you name they last time Alcoa has been beaten by a 2A team? They have 2x the students we do but do not get hit the the multiplier even though they take in students from other cities just like us.

What a game last night! Goodpasture looked much better! Everyone needs to calm down and let these kids play. Remember, they are a young team, and they will go threw some bumps along the way. Atleast Goodpasture does not duck anyone. Compare Goodpasture's schedule (non-region). They play big schools every year to get the kids ready for the playoffs! And about Coach Martin, give me a break! All the guy does is run a great program, goes deep into the playoffs every year, 3 state titles, and after one loss people want to put him and the team out to pasture. Get a clue! When you have a young team you just have to be patient and work with the kids. By the end of the year, Coach Martin and his staff will have this team ready to compete in the playoffs. Enough about that, the kids played hard on both sides of the ball last night. Much better tackling and effort. Ravenwood played very hard as well. The turning point of the game was late in the 3rd quarter when Goodpasture returned a fumble about 45 yards down to the 20 yard line. I dont know who that was, but that boy can run! The same kid made a great play on a fourth down play. The offensive line and the two fullbacks played very good tonite. All in all, a very good team effort!

What a game last night! Goodpasture looked much better! Everyone needs to calm down and let these kids play. Remember, they are a young team, and they will go threw some bumps along the way. Atleast Goodpasture does not duck anyone. Compare Goodpasture's schedule (non-region). They play big schools every year to get the kids ready for the playoffs! And about Coach Martin, give me a break! All the guy does is run a great program, goes deep into the playoffs every year, 3 state titles, and after one loss people want to put him and the team out to pasture. Get a clue! When you have a young team you just have to be patient and work with the kids. By the end of the year, Coach Martin and his staff will have this team ready to compete in the playoffs. Enough about that, the kids played hard on both sides of the ball last night. Much better tackling and effort. Ravenwood played very hard as well. The turning point of the game was late in the 3rd quarter when Goodpasture returned a fumble about 45 yards down to the 20 yard line. I dont know who that was, but that boy can run! The same kid made a great play on a fourth down play. The offensive line and the two fullbacks played very good tonite. All in all, a very good team effort!

That was Troy Nichols #9 (Junior)

Looks like Goodpasture got back on track last Friday. How did the offence move the ball? All wing T, or did they mix in some spread? I didn't make it to the game so give me some details. I did read in the newspaper that there was no passing game but I guess with 300 yards rushing in a blow-out there is no need to take a chance with turn over's. Do you think Coach will pass more this week. You cant run over everyone. I would like to see Troy #9 get more opportunities to make a play. That boy can fly!