Cannon County

Gridiron88

Nothing wrong with asking kids to come out and play....you would think he would have reviewed the roster from last year and go after the kids who left....I was just curious about how he was going about getting the word out about him and his program and get some of those kids who left to come back...Nothing negative just curious...relax a little bit will ya.....

It was just a question. Maybe if your content was more clear I wouldn't have had to ask. But I promise I am relaxed. LOL

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with asking kids to come out and play....you would think he would have reviewed the roster from last year and go after the kids who left....I was just curious about how he was going about getting the word out about him and his program and get some of those kids who left to come back...Nothing negative just curious...relax a little bit will ya.....

I agree pspy. He needs to hit the halls full force and try and recover the players lost from the previous staff and also as you said sell himself to the players and sell his program and try and rejuvenate the excitement about the program. The administration is still up in the air about who will be principal and AD so if he would just bring a little excitement and enthusiasm to a negative situation it would go a long way I think.

So what's the latest with paractice.. Heard the new coach was going around asking kids if they ever played football before? what's up with that...we don't have enought players, have we lost more???

yes he was, I noticed at the softball game he was but unforuantely the number of around 35 dropped to 22 at practice the other day, still there is many kids out for other sports and a few out for academic problems.

The adminastration is a total mess, It's apparent the church on the hill is trying to sway how the county is run. the full page ad in the county paper is a joke.....Any way the D-coordinator is back and things are looking up. He is promoting the new coach and trying to get former players who walked after the principal pull the stunts she did...(hard to believe she is in the middle of the school adminastration issue)....Not it's what i would expect.....

If the d-coordinator can get a few who left to come back we should be in good shape...good defense will allow the spread to take hold...Kids seem to be upbeat about the new guy, everyone states it's fun to play again....that worries me a little. Hope he isn't too easy on them...

Good news, they quaterback that had a compound fracture is back and throwing well. The only negative thing I see at practice is the lack of players, depth in the roster is very important. There is no problem with any of the coaches trying to get kids to come out and play football, it's part of there job to recruit. And yes all the kids i've spoken to love the new coach, it's nice to see the kids smiling at practice and beingn happy to come to practice rather then to dread coming to practice. Spy don't worry, the boys are working really hard. Hope to see you at the maroon and gold game.

The adminastration is a total mess, It's apparent the church on the hill is trying to sway how the county is run. the full page ad in the county paper is a joke.....Any way the D-coordinator is back and things are looking up. He is promoting the new coach and trying to get former players who walked after the principal pull the stunts she did...(hard to believe she is in the middle of the school adminastration issue)....Not it's what i would expect.....

If the d-coordinator can get a few who left to come back we should be in good shape...good defense will allow the spread to take hold...Kids seem to be upbeat about the new guy, everyone states it's fun to play again....that worries me a little. Hope he isn't too easy on them...

You are right spy, the damage has been done, due to the administration's decisions not the new coach's so I hope he is able to get players on the field and coachthem to peform at a competitive level. Change is needed so bad in the whole way athletics are valued and ran at CCHS. There is tons of potential and it could become a great thing, but someone is needed who's number one priority is athletics and nothing else we always try to solve the same problems old solutions, and the way high schools sports is constantly changing, we have to stay ahead or we will slip into mediocrity and refuse to listen to new ideas. I'm glad the players are upbeat about the new coach, as long as his motivation tactics translate into wins. Winning has to be the top priority, and whatever that coach has to do to get players to perfrom is what he needs to do. Winning heals everything, and a winning mind-set is what needs to be built in the whole athletic department

Big difference between an energetic, upbeat, positive coach and one that is "soft". IMO, an energetic, upbeat practice is what the kids look for. If they are "into" the practices it goes better. I doubt coach is soft on them but I don't know for sure. Those boys deserve a good coach and hopefully they have one. Good luck in the search for principal. PSpy, I shot you an email, hope to hear something back

So i want to know what people expect out of the maroon and gold game and out of the 09 season?

I am sure there will be some sloppy play because its a new system and a new staff. Depending on how good the team is picking up the spread there should be some offensive explosiveness. I am concerended with the low number of players at spring paractice even if ten are with other sports, they would only make around 40 at the most, it was not long ago Cannon Co. was around 60-65 players. I thought all of the ones who complained about and didn't respect Bartsch would be coming back if they don't, then I guess they were not real players anyway and the new coach shouldn't want those type of players because those are type of players that ruin a program and set poor examples for the underclassmen. Hope I get a chance to come to the game Bees.

I am sure there will be some sloppy play because its a new system and a new staff. Depending on how good the team is picking up the spread there should be some offensive explosiveness. I am concerended with the low number of players at spring paractice even if ten are with other sports, they would only make around 40 at the most, it was not long ago Cannon Co. was around 60-65 players. I thought all of the ones who complained about and didn't respect Bartsch would be coming back if they don't, then I guess they were not real players anyway and the new coach shouldn't want those type of players because those are type of players that ruin a program and set poor examples for the underclassmen. Hope I get a chance to come to the game Bees.

You are right, there will be a little sloppiness, but from all that I seen, the plays are going smooth and all the players are getting along with all members of the new staff, the only new staff member the boys had to get used too, is Coach Shrenk, Griswold,Larson, and bernie were members of bartschs staff and daniels is from cannon county and many of the boys know him. I agree on the depth part, bottom line we need more kids and i like the point you made about the kids who didn't like bartsch and didn't respect him, should come back and give it another try with a new coach, if they let one coach make them dislike football that much, they were never a real player. But wildcat, if you make it to the maroon and gold game, come and talk to me and let me know what you think.

You are right, there will be a little sloppiness, but from all that I seen, the plays are going smooth and all the players are getting along with all members of the new staff, the only new staff member the boys had to get used too, is Coach Shrenk, Griswold,Larson, and bernie were members of bartschs staff and daniels is from cannon county and many of the boys know him. I agree on the depth part, bottom line we need more kids and i like the point you made about the kids who didn't like bartsch and didn't respect him, should come back and give it another try with a new coach, if they let one coach make them dislike football that much, they were never a real player. But wildcat, if you make it to the maroon and gold game, come and talk to me and let me know what you think.

If I make it I will be sure and talk to you I am glad the plays being picked up well. If those players do not come back that quit under Bartsch, it will show a few things, first it will show that those players disrespected there former coach and never opened up to his philosophy and that they are not dedicated to winning, and it will also show the administration that perhaps it was the players responsibility and not all Coach Bartsch's fault and maybe next time they will not let the players run the program and let the coach do his job.

So wildcat the new coach cancelled practice thursday and friday so the football team could go to prom....How many Juniors are out for the team???? don't quite understand the thought process, I would like to see how the team performs with distractions (prom) just to get a feel of how focused on football the boys are? Or maybe the SPY is an old school player and doesn't understand the modern day prom process...Alot of hype and money spent and opportunity for the kids to get into trouble, but of course cannon County's is different than other school proms..

So another question is why does spring practice start at 500 verse right after school ends??? can anyone explain that one?

I understand why he cancelled it Friday, but I dunno why he would have cancelled it Thursday as well. I bet spring practice starts late because the coach has to drive from Clarksville because he has to stay until the end of the year.