theydontcare

the fact is it is all up to the administration. i hate to hear there is nothing at NW. it is proven with good coaching what can happen with athletes in this county. granted you will have tough years, but if someone beleives in their coaches and let them work things out. look at rossview, kenwood, and clarksville high the past few years. i just hope that the administration takes time to evaluate coaches, and please stay in town and stop the move to coaches from outside. what northwest needs is someone that will bleed green and gold. someone that will show their pride on and off the field. montgomery county feels they need to go outside, but for once just look inside to the district to see what you got. I do believe the head coach for the Vikings is in that building or down the road a bit awaiting a call. if the administration puts 3 coaches in that building you will find some success. a championship team i doubt, but a team that will compete week in and out. bring in the right man that will work for the community and student body, and not use the program as a crutch.

I lastly would like to state that this would not have happened if Tood Hood was named the man two years ago in the first place. He had 5 guys that would have coached under his guidence. The program would be contending, and the boys would be living life's values. It takes time to understand his teachings, but many of us are living proof he never gives up on us. Through the hard times, immaturity, and growing pains Coach Hood was always there for his past, present, and future athletes. However, I be he thanks the school daily for not hiring him. If they did not do what they did he would not be sporting two BEAUTIFUL championship rings today.

Do not blame the administration with the hire or lose of many coaches. This is a tough area to work in, and the administration went with what they felt was right. However, now it is time to do what is right for the community and hire a good ole boy that will represent the school, community, district, and the student athletes. Please hire a home town boy or a coach that has been in this community for awhile.

Lastly, some people see that success is found with people they respect. Coaches such as Gaddis from Henry Co., Myers from Springfield, Thompson from Maplewood, and several others make coaching outside the district so desireable. Small town atmosphere is something many just want to experience in their coaching tenures. When a town is behind you, and history is there it makes a huge difference. I hope that answers your question about people and their coaching futures 1_wild_cat_fan. A dream job to change a program, but there still needs to be time to mature. Some people are enjoying family life and marriage!

Announcements