Warren County Softball

admirer

I was recently at baseball game and went over to watch some of the girls softball game. What's the deal with the pitching? I thought there was supposed to be this awesome group of Freshman girls playing. The pitchers I saw were the same from last year and they don't look like high school pitchers to me. Maybe it was the JV game. If not are there no other options? Until they get some pitching it's gonna be hard to win at that level.

Freshman pitchers don't get into the games, until they are virtually out of reach. Senior and Junior pitchers get knocked all over the park and by then they are down 5 or 6 runs. Its hard for any team to recover from that kind of deficit. Although, the freshman pitchers have done a good job of shutting the opponents down when they eventually get into the game.

Hey, not that it is any of my business, but I think Warren County has improved. Yes, they have some impressive freshmen, but don't knock the pitching. Some teams are not blessed with dominating pitchers and there are a lot of factors in that. The availability of pitching coaches, is one. Not all people are able to provide their child with lessons with top notch pitching coaches. A lot of it is determined by work ethic, a lot of it is determined by genetics, but don't get on here and bash the girls for trying. How much action do the other 7 (minus pitcher and catcher) team mates get if the pitcher is striking them out 1, 2, 3. It takes 9 players to win or lose a game. I know how discouraging it is to lose by a large margin, but remember the girls are disappointed too and don't need negative comments. If Warren County has some awesome freshmen pitchers coming up, then good for them, look to the future, they will have their chance.

I agree trublu, Warren County has improved from last year! Whats going on with all this pitching bashing on here.Their pitchers looked good to me when we played them and our pitching looked good also.It does take the whole team to win a ballgame and how boring would it be to just sit there and watch a pitcher/catcher ballgame.I know when we were in Warren County, I about had a heartattack just watching that game.It was thrilling to watch both teams go down to the wire and win it on a play at the end.Parents need to remember that not only are we on here typing and reading, but we also have our daughters reading whats being said ! These pitchers have enough on them and take it very hard when a game is lost or if they should have thrown a different pitch. I would like to see some of these bashers try and throw a curveball or even get the ball to the plate.Keep up the good work pitchers at Warren County, you all look good this year!

Lebanon Lady Devilettes