tullahoma baseball whats happened

tigerjcjrjk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with what another coach in our area said. Cut out the travel and elite teams in our area. That would strengthen the Babe Ruth league and have more players competing for slots on the high school team. It used to be that at least 3 or 4 players would have to compete for each position on the high school team. When you only have one player from an elite team playing a position on the high school team, I don't think the young man works as hard, since he has been awarded that position. When you have to compete with 3 or more young men to win your position, it makes you a better player. If a player is really good, he can find a travel team to play with. The more competition, the better it is for all these young men.

Wow!!!!! Thats spoken from the heart. I ready to play ball!!!!This is what a team needs to become winners.Chase I am with you all the way, be a leader and help turn the Wildcats around.

I've read every post on this subject and i'll tell you why its failing. the players have no pride thats a fact i'm not gonna lie. i would know i'm one of them. we will do something stupid, get yelled at. and laugh about it as soon as the coaches aren't looking. the parents like to send letters and stuff being mad at the coaches but my parents know not to do that because i tell them that i goof around all the time. they talked to the coach last year but i grew up and thought about it and there wont be anymore of that. all of these posts are coming from the people in the stands looking in. dont blame a certain group of poeple for a couple bad seasons. there is a difference between a young team and an immature team. this years team is both. that team in 74 must have just been a young team. but i guarantee that the difference between that team and us is the pride they had and showed. i actually have been on a team like that before. the babe ruth 13 year old state championship team. we had that pride and we worked hard and showed it. dont anyone ever say it was luck either. we went out in 90-100 degree heat every day for 2 a days with pratcices 3 hours a piece for 3 weeks straight and i wouldnt have had it any other way. thats what created that sense of pride in us. and when that state tournament came around we werent gonna let anyone think they were better than us. you dont get lucky 5 times in a row going 5-0 and sweeping through a state tournament. we had more 9 letter pride as 13 year old than we do now in high school. our team has the same attitude on the field as off the field. we'll cuss each other out and call each other names and tell another player how bad they stink just to make ourselves feel like were somebody. ive done them all. and that doesnt get anyone focused and it ruins it for anyone who is trying to get focused. thats the part of the team the fans dont see. but then i read all of this and its not happening anymore. i'm not blaming any coaches or players or anything i'll blame myself. i saw everything going on and i just joined in. i was hardly ever serious before or after a game. theres nothing we can do now but try to change it. so no more more blaming other people. no more saying the coaches are great the players stink. or the players are great the coaches stink. no more saying little league and babe ruth is great and high school stinks. no more blaming it on the kids that quit playing. lets just get the 1974 teams pride back and we'll see a turn around. i'm going to start doing everything i can to get it back for myself and try to get the rest of the team to follow. no one is going to make fun of us. no one is going to say "whats happened anymore" I'm getting that pride back that i used to have and im gonna try to get my teammates to get that pride back too. i know it was long so thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and see it from a players point of view. - chase morris

I've read every post on this subject and i'll tell you why its failing. the players have no pride thats a fact i'm not gonna lie. i would know i'm one of them. we will do something stupid, get yelled at. and laugh about it as soon as the coaches aren't looking. the parents like to send letters and stuff being mad at the coaches but my parents know not to do that because i tell them that i goof around all the time. they talked to the coach last year but i grew up and thought about it and there wont be anymore of that. all of these posts are coming from the people in the stands looking in. dont blame a certain group of poeple for a couple bad seasons. there is a difference between a young team and an immature team. this years team is both. that team in 74 must have just been a young team. but i guarantee that the difference between that team and us is the pride they had and showed. i actually have been on a team like that before. the babe ruth 13 year old state championship team. we had that pride and we worked hard and showed it. dont anyone ever say it was luck either. we went out in 90-100 degree heat every day for 2 a days with pratcices 3 hours a piece for 3 weeks straight and i wouldnt have had it any other way. thats what created that sense of pride in us. and when that state tournament came around we werent gonna let anyone think they were better than us. you dont get lucky 5 times in a row going 5-0 and sweeping through a state tournament. we had more 9 letter pride as 13 year old than we do now in high school. our team has the same attitude on the field as off the field. we'll cuss each other out and call each other names and tell another player how bad they stink just to make ourselves feel like were somebody. ive done them all. and that doesnt get anyone focused and it ruins it for anyone who is trying to get focused. thats the part of the team the fans dont see. but then i read all of this and its not happening anymore. i'm not blaming any coaches or players or anything i'll blame myself. i saw everything going on and i just joined in. i was hardly ever serious before or after a game. theres nothing we can do now but try to change it. so no more more blaming other people. no more saying the coaches are great the players stink. or the players are great the coaches stink. no more saying little league and babe ruth is great and high school stinks. no more blaming it on the kids that quit playing. lets just get the 1974 teams pride back and we'll see a turn around. i'm going to start doing everything i can to get it back for myself and try to get the rest of the team to follow. no one is going to make fun of us. no one is going to say "whats happened anymore" I'm getting that pride back that i used to have and im gonna try to get my teammates to get that pride back too. i know it was long so thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and see it from a players point of view. - chase morris

That is an absolutely great post and I admire you for stepping up publicly and stating what is happening. I hope people will get off Coach White and realize that a coach can only do so much. Players have to play or it wouldn't matter if Bobby Cox was coaching. Thanks for your honesty and good luck in the tournament.

Not 1 strike out or error that whole 13 year old tournament. I remember we learned how to work hard and have fun, but the most important thing is that we all wanted to win the state extremely bad.