Mt. Juliet Lady Bears

ballfan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I smell a disgruntle parent. I don't know the coach personally but if you've been in SB very long you've heard that she is hard nosed, disciplined and no hint of daddy ball going to take place.

I think everyone knew it was going to be a trying year after all that talent graduated. To compare them with the schools that were mentioned, you cant. GP is private - HUGE difference - plus they only lost one scholarship level softball player, not more than half the team. Soddys numbers were close to that.

I firmly believe if lifetimebear isn't happy with the program or if their kid isn't getting the time or position they want, they should transfer. Lifes short - you can move on to another softball program and be disgruntle there.

I think you said it all when you said you don't know the coach personally!!! Let me translate ---- You dont have a clue what you are talking about.... Hard nosed??? Disciplined???? You are right about one comment, no Daddy ball here, more like Mommy Ball in Mj.... Also very obvious you have not watched this team play, DISCIPLINED /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> that is hilarious... Have you watched them play lately?? They looked like a rec team in Chattanooga... Have you seen the teams GPA??? Why did the so-called best hitter in the state have to sign with a JUCO program??? Isn't it some of the coaches responsibility to monitor what goes on in the classroom as well??? Discipline might describe the Girls Basketball coach, but that is not even close to a word I would associate with this Softball program, sometimes transferring is not always the answer every program has its problems, but this coach has been hiding behind GREAT talent for years her true abilities are starting to come out and I predict will only get worse, hope I am wrong for the teams sake.... Only time will tell...

O by the way the Hendersonvilles, Wilson Central's etc... are they not the same girls we were beating in Middle School????

I think you said it all when you said you don't know the coach personally!!! Let me translate ---- You dont have a clue what you are talking about.... Hard nosed??? Disciplined???? You are right about one comment, no Daddy ball here, more like Mommy Ball in Mj.... Also very obvious you have not watched this team play, DISCIPLINED /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> that is hilarious... Have you watched them play lately?? They looked like a rec team in Chattanooga... Have you seen the teams GPA??? Why did the so-called best hitter in the state have to sign with a JUCO program??? Isn't it some of the coaches responsibility to monitor what goes on in the classroom as well??? Discipline might describe the Girls Basketball coach, but that is not even close to a word I would associate with this Softball program, sometimes transferring is not always the answer every program has its problems, but this coach has been hiding behind GREAT talent for years her true abilities are starting to come out and I predict will only get worse, hope I am wrong for the teams sake.... Only time will tell...

O by the way the Hendersonvilles, Wilson Central's etc... are they not the same girls we were beating in Middle School????

Give it a rest, the team is young! This is not Middle School anymore.................and then you pretty much just blamed the coach for a player's grades! Nice......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And I wouldn't say "the so called best hitter" she "was" the best hitter.

Give it a rest, the team is young! This is not Middle School anymore.................and then you pretty much just blamed the coach for a player's grades! Nice......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And I wouldn't say "the so called best hitter" she "was" the best hitter.

If I am not mistaken she could go down town on any given pitch! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> But time will tell if she is as good as coach as some think or not as good. Talent yep she had it but now she doesnt but like my friend said they are very young and next year will tell if they are gettin better or not. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You obviously did not see them play in Soddy Daisey. They lost to GPS 2-1. The Lady Bears had bases loaded in both the 1st and 4th inning. It is a game they easily could have won with some timely hitting. They also played very respectfully against a good Ooltewah team losing 4-1. Saying they looked like a rec team against 2 very good teams (who both made the semi-finals of the Soddy tournament) is really showing your ######. Granted they have looked bad this week in loses to WC and H'ville. But in Soddy they were respectable.

Seriously, stop your agenda. It's not very flattering to you or the girls.

Whoa - notreallyalifetimebear, dial it down a notch!

First, not only have I watched them play this year, we've played them. No big surprises, they played like a young team does - can be awesome -can make you wonder if they've done this before. They're allowed to have a learning curve. And just for the record - my team played a state champion team that made some routine play errors and made you wonder how they got so far. It happens to the best.

As for the best hitter I've ever witnessed - and oh how I miss watching that little ball of dynamite hit - not all players are blessed with the ability to excel in the classroom. Nothing to be embarrased about. She struggled academically. That's why Ryan lost her. The coach nor teachers can turn every child into a Rhode Scholar. Many great athletes end up on the JUCO path due to low ACT/SAT scores. The NCAA has tough requirements. Surely you're not going to blame the MJ coach for that too. (While you're at it, let's throw the economy tanking on her too)

And I stand by my observation that she is disciplined and hard nosed. My daughter has been travel teammates and friends with girls from MJ and I've seen and heard some of the requirements.

I also stand by my original post......smells like a disgruntled parent venting! But don't worry, lots of high school parents hate their high school program. You're not alone, just a little more dramatic than others.

Whoa - notreallyalifetimebear, dial it down a notch!

First, not only have I watched them play this year, we've played them. No big surprises, they played like a young team does - can be awesome -can make you wonder if they've done this before. They're allowed to have a learning curve. And just for the record - my team played a state champion team that made some routine play errors and made you wonder how they got so far. It happens to the best.

As for the best hitter I've ever witnessed - and oh how I miss watching that little ball of dynamite hit - not all players are blessed with the ability to excel in the classroom. Nothing to be embarrased about. She struggled academically. That's why Ryan lost her. The coach nor teachers can turn every child into a Rhode Scholar. Many great athletes end up on the JUCO path due to low ACT/SAT scores. The NCAA has tough requirements. Surely you're not going to blame the MJ coach for that too. (While you're at it, let's throw the economy tanking on her too)

And I stand by my observation that she is disciplined and hard nosed. My daughter has been travel teammates and friends with girls from MJ and I've seen and heard some of the requirements.

I also stand by my original post......smells like a disgruntled parent venting! But don't worry, lots of high school parents hate their high school program. You're not alone, just a little more dramatic than others.

I agree totally /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and "pound for pound" one of the better hitters in the South!