All State Teams Named

mrbigster

Congrats to Russel Avery,Lake Co.and Tevin Crayton Humboldt for making the team..Thomas Greer from West Carrol as well..I was really surprised that Charles Taylor,who some had as a likely Mr.Basketball candidate didn't make the team..Can't believe the snub..I know there aren't 15 more ball players in Single A better than Taylor..Same for C.J. Crittendon from Dyer Co. not on the team..But with T.T. Flowers not making the girls team..doesn't surprise me any !Humboldt was undefeated all year and ranked #1 in the State mose of the year and not have Taylor on the team..But in the girls poll,they had 3 players on 1 team make the all- state team..And that team came in 4th in the district..The polls are a joke..

Congrats to Russel Avery,Lake Co.and Tevin Crayton Humboldt for making the team..Thomas Greer from West Carrol as well..I was really surprised that Charles Taylor,who some had as a likely Mr.Basketball candidate didn't make the team..Can't believe the snub..I know there aren't 15 more ball players in Single A better than Taylor..Same for C.J. Crittendon from Dyer Co. not on the team..But with T.T. Flowers not making the girls team..doesn't surprise me any !Humboldt was undefeated all year and ranked #1 in the State mose of the year and not have Taylor on the team..But in the girls poll,they had 3 players on 1 team make the all- state team..And that team came in 4th in the district..The polls are a joke..

Shaughnessy the 6'9" center from Grace Baptist academy. He is 85th in the NATION per ESPN. He was selected pre-season regional top 5. He in his career has shot over 65 percent from the field and over 80 percent from the line. He has only 3x in his high school career been outscored by the opposing center. He made all tny team (MVP), all state team ( all players in state) and STARTED in the All Star Tn East west game. HE was signed D1 with Charleston Southern in the Big South. Maybe sports writers should focus less on high scorers (one is recognized in this poll scoring over 20 a game while shooting under 35 percent from the field and as a point guard less then 3 assists per game!!!)The game of basketball is more than who shoots it MUCH MORE. Lets have a poll to find the best sports writers who have a clue.

Not sure where you are getting your information but Shaughnessy is not rated #85 in the country by ESPN. However, he is rated the #94 center is the country by ESPN. That ranking is by position not overall. 95%+ of all top 100 talents are high major players. Being ranked the #94 center is not even close to being a top 100 player. Trust me, there is a reason this kid is going to Charlerston in the Big South and not a high major school. Good luck to this kid but your post is missleading.

Shaughnessy the 6'9" center from Grace Baptist academy. He is 85th in the NATION per ESPN. He was selected pre-season regional top 5. He in his career has shot over 65 percent from the field and over 80 percent from the line. He has only 3x in his high school career been outscored by the opposing center. He made all tny team (MVP), all state team ( all players in state) and STARTED in the All Star Tn East west game. HE was signed D1 with Charleston Southern in the Big South. Maybe sports writers should focus less on high scorers (one is recognized in this poll scoring over 20 a game while shooting under 35 percent from the field and as a point guard less then 3 assists per game!!!)The game of basketball is more than who shoots it MUCH MORE. Lets have a poll to find the best sports writers who have a clue.

Ouch, sounds like a little resentment towards the guard from your school? You must have something to do with Grace, or you would not know the stats so vividly..... most polls I've seen around here, at least local, are ridiculous.... He didn't even make Best of Preps in the city, not even the 2nd team, which was also a joke! (just like the football Preps was).... The center was much more an overall positive contributor to Grace than anyone else on the team (rebounds, defense, inside presence, intensity, etc...). I wish him well at Charleston Southern..

IM SURPRISED TAYLOR AND CRITTENDON DIDNT MAKE THE TEAM. WASN'T TAYLOR THE BEST PLAYER ON AN UNDEFEATED TEAM?

YOu are correct to clarify the top 100 by position vrs overall. The rankings have fluctuated in the low 80s to 90s by position. No misleading intended. where are the other players listed by position or otherwise? There is a great difference between mid major and high major but take every player in HS basketball..how many play any college? whether it is private Independent, Naii low or high D3..D2 D1,,,when you get to D1 you are a very select few. This is in relation to the sportswriters opinion not in comparison to the very very best players in the nation. I am familiar with many high school players and teams as it is what I do so I dont wish to disrespect any players but for the sake of BB when the sportswriters only focus on who scored most it detracts from so many factors, Most teams do best when 3 or more players hit dbl digits, when you out rebound, out DEFEND, out coach, out hustle becuase you are in better physical condition for the 4th quarter...that is the heart of the game. Players growing up in this culture of sportswriting think if I am high scorer then I am on my way to NBA. (note Iverson who cant win because he cant share the ball). The illustration of guards was to demonstrate how crazy writing has become and maybe for players to be accountable to a higher standard so that they too can get a chance to play college

Manassas had two players. Reggie Buckner and Kindle Woodard