Knoxville AAU Teams & High Schools

I have just taken a job transfer to Knoxville and have been researching online the local AAU clubs/teams (13U-14U) for my daughter prior to relocating. There are so many teams in the East TN area compared to New Mexico that I don't even know where to start. I know it is too late for this season, and so am looking for a team for next season, or even this summer as a guest player. My daughter has played for the New Mexico Select for the past three years and participated in the AAU Div 1 Nationals in both 2007 and 2008 (11U and 12U- finishing 24th and 13th), and so we are looking for an elite team. Just have no idea which teams/clubs are the best to look at, as we play primarily in AZ, TX and CA. Also, any recommendations for high schools in the area would be appreciated. I have researched online, but stats can sometimes be deceiving. Would like to hear from "boots on the ground" as to what schools would be the best to look at. Thx.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What county are you moving to ? Knox, Blount, Anderson, Loudon etc.

Looking at real estate in both Oak Ridge and Knox County. Flexible as to where we are willing to live, but will be working in Fountain City. Moving @ the first of July or possibly a bit sooner.

I have just taken a job transfer to Knoxville and have been researching online the local AAU clubs/teams (13U-14U) for my daughter prior to relocating. There are so many teams in the East TN area compared to New Mexico that I don't even know where to start. I know it is too late for this season, and so am looking for a team for next season, or even this summer as a guest player. My daughter has played for the New Mexico Select for the past three years and participated in the AAU Div 1 Nationals in both 2007 and 2008 (11U and 12U- finishing 24th and 13th), and so we are looking for an elite team. Just have no idea which teams/clubs are the best to look at, as we play primarily in AZ, TX and CA. Also, any recommendations for high schools in the area would be appreciated. I have researched online, but stats can sometimes be deceiving. Would like to hear from "boots on the ground" as to what schools would be the best to look at. Thx.

If you are looking for a private school with an outstanding girls bball program, Webb School of Knoxville is a great choice. Shelley Collier is one of the best coaches you will find anywhere and has the track record to prove it.

as far as AAU goes for a 13u (I assume) the Lady Trotters in Jefferson City usually have a good organization. The Tennessee Attack is new but strong. The Team Hustle is also there. Those are the better teams in the Knox Area. If you don't mind driving to play for a good team. Tennessee Xtreme (based out of Chattanooga) is one of the better programs in the state.

I would definitely look at Oak Ridge High School. Jill Prudden always has a great team. They also seem to get attention from the college recruits. TN Attack is a great AAU program. They are new this year but have already proved to be quite competitive and were Division I substate champions defeating the Lady Trotters in the final game. Former Lady Vol, Courtney McDaniel, coaches the Attack team. Here are some links for your use and information:

www.tnattack.com

http://ladywildcats.oakridgebasketball.com/

P.S. - In Knoxville, Bearden and Farragut are always quite competitive and would be good choices as well.

as far as AAU goes for a 13u (I assume) the Lady Trotters in Jefferson City usually have a good organization. The Tennessee Attack is new but strong. The Team Hustle is also there. Those are the better teams in the Knox Area. If you don't mind driving to play for a good team. Tennessee Xtreme (based out of Chattanooga) is one of the better programs in the state.

TN Attack defeated Tennessee Xtreme in the semi-finals of the Division I sub-state this weekend. Either team would be good.

TN Attack defeated Tennessee Xtreme in the semi-finals of the Division I sub-state this weekend. Either team would be good.

Yes , TN Attack defeated TN Xtreme 13U 59-56. TN Xtreme and Attack should have never met before 6:00 pm, but for some reason the Xtreme who has won the substate the last two years did not benefit from being the number 1 seed. There were 8 teams entered and by the time the tournament was official there were 7 teams which would have given Xtreme a bye, instead it automatically gives a loser bracket team a bye. The Attack and Xtreme game was at 9:00 am on Saturday Morning, and Xtreme was playing with 4 starters injured before they ever got to substate, when I say injured Xtreme should have opted out of playing regardless of the money they had already paid. The girls played their best game with the Attack , and then played Lady Mayhem and won by 2pts and the lost to the Pink Panthers, after beating them on Friday night in (OT) . What sense does this make again, we have 8 teams in the EAST bracket and the others only have 2 or 3 and walk over automatically. I am not downing substate ,but I can see how a team may not want to play a qualifier when it so unfair. There is no right way about it. Now, we have teams that have been present at the state for the last 3 or 4 years will not be there. What should happen in the regions with less than 4 teams in a bracket should only be allowed 1 team to the states and if there are 6 or more in a bracket there should have at least 4 teams. Good Luck to all the teams going to State the EAST will be well represented.