Mommy and Daddy Ball

hrdwud

My thought is, No matter if you have a travel team or a high schhol, You need to become a organization. To make any organization successfull everyone has to do their part. Coaches have to coach 100%, parents have to do their part 100%, and the players have to give 100%. Eash has to let the other do their part. The worst thing that can happen to a organiztion is politics and the people that allow it in a sport. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . I maybe off the subject but I thought I would throw this in here,

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is insane, while I agree there are some parents who take the game a little too seriously from behind the fence the opposite is true also. Parents, high school coaches, travel coaches and administrations are one in a coordinated effort, that if succesful will develope these fine young ladies into college athletes. It's a "GROUP" effort folks and if one part fails they all fail. Comprende?

What would a player be if Mommy and Daddy didn't sign them up at the park and went to the lake instead?

What would a player be if not for the travel coach who recruited, trained and seasoned them?

What would a player be if there were no ex players and coaches giving lessons?

What would a player be if a high school coach didn't give them positive feedback to a college?

What would a player be if school administrations didn't allow womens athletics? (Thank God for Title 9)

There is more to this than just a vague and ignorant statement about "Mommy and Daddy" Ball.

What would a player be if Mommy and Daddy didn't pay for, support and encourage their child to be all they could be and just decided to take a vacation every year instead????

Probably a much happier child! Most likely most of these young ladies are only playing so that mommy and daddy can live vicariously through them. JMO

Thats right! Your foolin yourself if you think the administrations care about girls softball, makes no $$, coaches are hired because of teaching spots open, travel coaches think school coaches are idiots in general, and these so called coaches hardly ever meet. To answer all those questions, in general, the parents would be "drop off" parents, and, or the kids would grow up fine like in the old simple life days. Like the tv ad says...most kids grow up to be "professionals" in other things besides sports...there is another world out there! Some parents are too involved, need to step away and turn their kids over to other coaches....Not everyone is chasing the great teams and coaches that egos are as big as home plate....

AMEN! Thank God for Title IX but pray that it will also be applied to the sports (like softball) that don't generate the dollars that football & basketball do!