Violation of Title IX- quality coaching?

sweet tea

Get your degree and coach the team! I imagine that you would believe you were doing a satisfactory job, but I doubt it would be unanimous through out your community. It's easy to complain and belly ache, its hard to put your own time toward something to help fix it.

May be you could offer to coach a travel team for you community in which the girls would be together playing all summer. May be you could raise money for the team and be unselfish enough not to ask anything in return.

There are thousands of ways you could help in a positive way other than doing what you are doing. I would say just by what I've read on here, that you are about the same or worse than this in your community talking about coaches and more specifically in this case, the administration.

It really sounds as if your problems with the program, coaches or administration are of a more personal nature than a specific concern. That is one of the problems with A LOT of programs through out America. Not enough selfless help and too much unneeded selfish criticism. Believe it or not, the latter actually hurts new applicants from pursuing that particular position.

Flip is this you?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get your degree and coach the team! I imagine that you would believe you were doing a satisfactory job, but I doubt it would be unanimous through out your community. It's easy to complain and belly ache, its hard to put your own time toward something to help fix it.

Coaching school ball and travel ball are thankless jobs these days. I coach a travel team in the summer and I'm a non-faculty middle school assistant during the school year. I have no child on the middle school team yet I drove to practice 15 miles away from my home almost everyday since February. I spend about two hours of my time every practice and all the games trying to teach the girls and make them better. No money is paid for this job. I do it because I love seeing the expression on a kids face after she made an adjustment to her swing I suggested and she slapped a double against the fence. I do it because I enjoy watching a defensive player make spectacular play then wear the dirt on her uniform the rest of the game as a reminder. I do it because you just can't put into words the amount of satisfaction you get when you see a group of kids you've invested all this time in, play that perfect game. I had only one parent thank me for my time yesterday following our last game. If I was in it for the gratification it would be a short coaching career. I'm in it because all of those girls let us know how much it meant to them by coming to practice each day and giving 100% while they are there.

Coaching school ball and travel ball are thankless jobs these days. I coach a travel team in the summer and I'm a non-faculty middle school assistant during the school year. I have no child on the middle school team yet I drove to practice 15 miles away from my home almost everyday since February. I spend about two hours of my time every practice and all the games trying to teach the girls and make them better. No money is paid for this job. I do it because I love seeing the expression on a kids face after she made an adjustment to her swing I suggested and she slapped a double against the fence. I do it because I enjoy watching a defensive player make spectacular play then wear the dirt on her uniform the rest of the game as a reminder. I do it because you just can't put into words the amount of satisfaction you get when you see a group of kids you've invested all this time in, play that perfect game. I had only one parent thank me for my time yesterday following our last game. If I was in it for the gratification it would be a short coaching career. I'm in it because all of those girls let us know how much it meant to them by coming to practice each day and giving 100% while they are there.

A+++ Post

My hat is off to you because you are a member of a very small selfless group. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />