Sequatchie Valley Classic

volsbbfan

Wow, you are still talking trash after getting beat year after year, sport after sport.................at least you ar consistant!! Not really sure, but I think Marshall co was in grundy's division last year and they came to marion for a game. I didn't put them anywhere, coach roberts isn't afraid to play anyone, he proves that year after year and his teams always execute. They may not outhit other teams like yall worldbeaters, but they do find ways to win.............unlike the squatch. Like I say, at least the girls are good at sports up there, maybe they should suit up for the guys also............... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Truth hurts don't it. I know he is not afraid to play anyone that's why yall played Grace, S.P., Tullahoma and play the powerhouse Greenbreir today. And I'm not talking trash, I just tell the truth and you know it. I also know you hope we get beat in the real tournament before we play you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth hurts don't it. I know he is not afraid to play anyone that's why yall played Grace, S.P., Tullahoma and play the powerhouse Greenbreir today. And I'm not talking trash, I just tell the truth and you know it. I also know you hope we get beat in the real tournament before we play you.

You are a joker...........plain and simple!! Truth does hurt, truth is, why would we want you guys to get beat before yall play marion?? That is a win for us, for sure, although yall did win in summer league one time. I am sure yall hope marion loses like they do every year before they come through the losers bracket, win it, then go to the state tourney. Tullahoma is generally a good ballclub, greenbriar has been a lot further than seq in the postseason lately and SP was a late addition after a good dekalb team dropped out. I am sure yall would have outhit all of those teams for sure, but probably would have lost to two of them.

Going back 5 seasons, Sequatchie's boys' basketball won 7-10 with Marion even with Marion winning 2-2 this season. They will likely start 4 seniors next year along with an outstanding sophomore so I expect better results than this past year's record. Everyone knows football struggled for a couple of years but going from 1 win to 6 wins in a year is a good start. Baseball has had some big wins so far, Ooltewah, Red Bank, now Upperman, some big losses too especially in the district-Marion, Hixson, ER, but they're coming along. Sequatchie doesn't have the luxury of being able to boast an "all-valley, all-star squad" in their various sports but they're coming along nicely. All have room for improvement. As for the girls' sports, you seem to want to trivialize their importance by adding jokes. Girls basketball won the district for the third straight year despite the roster changes everyone knows about, lost no games to valley teams in three years and just 2 over four years; softball has won the regular season district and has to be the favorite in the district tournament; volleyball won the Western division of the district, they like most if not all of the other locals have no middle school team and lag behind the Chattanooga programs but they were the best in the local area in 08-09. There's a good chances at least 8 of this year's seniors, boys and girls both, will be playing a sport in college plus all of those that I know of (7) get it done in the classroom too. How does that compare to Marion this year?

I am not trying to trivialize the girls sports, I was saying how very good they have been lately, thats all. So I guess seq hasn't ever had any transfers go to their school in middle school??? that is where all of these kids came from. I guess that equals out because marion doesn't have 800 students to pick from either. I give credit where credit is due, I say that the girls program is very good and seq has a good football coach up there, as well as a great mens bball coach. Congrats to the girls..........................my point exactly!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You are a joker...........plain and simple!! Truth does hurt, truth is, why would we want you guys to get beat before yall play marion?? That is a win for us, for sure, although yall did win in summer league one time. I am sure yall hope marion loses like they do every year before they come through the losers bracket, win it, then go to the state tourney. Tullahoma is generally a good ballclub, greenbriar has been a lot further than seq in the postseason lately and SP was a late addition after a good dekalb team dropped out. I am sure yall would have outhit all of those teams for sure, but probably would have lost to two of them.

Truth hurts don't it. No name calling please. Jasper schedules this tourney the same way ever year, but yall won't admit it. You schedule the games you can win without using any pitching, while everyone else uses all their pitching. And what about scheduling Upperman to play in Jasper at 10:00 this morning and then at 12:00 at Sequatchie. I guess you can blame that on someone other than Jasper. And I don't care if you have beaten us a 1000 times, winning the district want get you to state. I don't believe they will let you skip region play and go straight to state, but they might if you schedule it.

I am not trying to trivialize the girls sports, I was saying how very good they have been lately, thats all. So I guess seq hasn't ever had any transfers go to their school in middle school??? that is where all of these kids came from. I guess that equals out because marion doesn't have 800 students to pick from either. I give credit where credit is due, I say that the girls program is very good and seq has a good football coach up there, as well as a great mens bball coach. Congrats to the girls..........................my point exactly!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

For once you are exactly right, Jasper doesn't have 800 kids and neither does Seq. But you do have schools that you can recruit from /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Tullahoma, Greenbriar and Grace have losing records on the team pages on this site.

Class AAA Tullahoma's record looks pretty complete, 4-21. Marion had already played Tullahoma three times this season.

Greenbriar looks to be missing some games on here but has a listed record of 2-6 in their AA district.

Marion had already played Grace Academy once this season. Grace is Class A and has played a pretty tough schedule for the class, with Chattanooga Central, McMinn County, others. They did lose to David Brainerd and Copper Basin.

South Pittsburg is clearly improved but is still Class A and is up and down, they've lost to Sale Creek and David Brainerd this year. Most of their wins have been against teams that have not done well.

That info should speak for itself.

For once you are exactly right, Jasper doesn't have 800 kids and neither does Seq. But you do have schools that you can recruit from /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

They're around 675 and 490, at least in the TSSAA-listed enrollments. Not that big a deal.

Maybe yall should drop out of the tourney if you are upset at the way it is run. Maybe seq should have their own tourney and make the score not count, only hits. Maybe then yall would win some games. Making excuses get you nowhere in life, maybe that should be taught up there in squatchland. Instead it is woe is me, and I would think that 200 more kids would make quite a difference. I am sorry that Marion is sucessful and people want to put their kids in a good school system, don't rekon anything is wrong with that, it is a free country you know?? Them injuns are whiners also!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truth hurts don't it. No name calling please. Jasper schedules this tourney the same way ever year, but yall won't admit it. You schedule the games you can win without using any pitching, while everyone else uses all their pitching. And what about scheduling Upperman to play in Jasper at 10:00 this morning and then at 12:00 at Sequatchie. I guess you can blame that on someone other than Jasper. And I don't care if you have beaten us a 1000 times, winning the district want get you to state. I don't believe they will let you skip region play and go straight to state, but they might if you schedule it.

Marion will earn what they get every year, just like they have the last two years. I hope that you all can make it to the region with marion cause I would love to see two valley teams in it, but lets just hope yall get a good draw so you can make it.

Maybe yall should drop out of the tourney if you are upset at the way it is run. Maybe seq should have their own tourney and make the score not count, only hits. Maybe then yall would win some games. Making excuses get you nowhere in life, maybe that should be taught up there in squatchland. Instead it is woe is me, and I would think that 200 more kids would make quite a difference. I am sorry that Marion is sucessful and people want to put their kids in a good school system, don't rekon anything is wrong with that, it is a free country you know?? Them injuns are whiners also!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you keep bringing up the hit senero, I only mentioned that one time, that we out hit most everyone we play. We just walk to many people or hit them. If we can get consistent pitching as Jasper has against us you will lose, that's the truth. You oviously just want to trash talk and know nothing about baseball or any sport. This used to be Sequatchie's tourney and Coach Bartley had his reasons for letting Jasper have it. Ater this year you will just be a memory on coacht as Jasper will have nothing to write about. It' been fun talking to you, but I'm bored and moving on with you!!!!!