Penalty Kicks

soccerdevil

Found this for a start ...So I would say HS PK's attempts would be a little less successful than the FA Premier League. Matter of fact, I think I remember at my last Ref recert class that 40% to 50% of all HS Pk's were missed...I think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_kick

These factors would give one the impression that penalty kicks are scored almost 100% of the time. However, missed penalty kicks are not uncommon despite the simple circumstances. For instance, of 78 penalty kicks taken during FA Premier League 2005-06 season, 57 resulted in a goal, meaning almost 30% of the penalties were unsuccessful. [1]

A German professor who has been studying penalty statistics in the German Bundesliga for 16 years found that 76% of all the penalties during those 16 years went in, and 99% of the shots in the higher half of the goal went in[citation needed], although the higher half of the goal is generally a more risky target to aim at. During his career Roberto Baggio had two occurrences where his shot hit the upper bar, bounced downwards, rebound off the keeper and past the goal line for a goal.