District 8-AAA Tournament

sportsguy22

The District 8-AAA Tournament seeds are almost completely set. The tournament begins Wednesday, April 29 with the play-in game and on to Columbia from there. I'm sure the official schedule will be released later this week after the coaches meeting.

Here is the seeds and opening matchups.

#1 The winner of Sunday afternoon's Shelbyville vs. Columbia make-up game (A Shelbyville win would tie the teams with 9-3 records, but Shelbyville would get the #1 seed via a sweep over the Lions)

#2 The loser of Sunday's Shelbyville vs. Columbia game

#3 Coffee County (holds tiebreaker over Lincoln County with both finishing at 7-5 via a sweep over the Falcons)

#4 Lincoln County

#5 Lawrence County

#6 Franklin County (holds tiebreaker over Tullahoma with both finishing 2-10 via a split with #3 Coffee County)

#7 Tullahoma

Wednesday, April 29

Play-in game: #7 Tullahoma at #6 Franklin County (loser's season is over)

Friday, May 1 at Columbia

#3 Coffee County vs. play-in winner

#4 Lincoln County vs. #5 Lawrence County

(Winners advance to take on the top two seeds on Saturday; losers wait to play elimination games on Sunday afternoon)

.........And on from there....times and official brackets to be determined....Should be a terrific tournament!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it will be a great tournament but how was it decided that we play in Columbia? Yes the field is awesome but everything outside the lines is sub standard. Bathrooms, concessions and seating are terrible. Lets not forget the flying softballs that come at you from behind. I guess it is for the boys though and the playing field is the most important thing. It won't matter anyway because the stands will be empty, nobody will be able to get off work to see them play [u]AT 1 IN THE AFTERNOON![/u].

Cry me a river. Every team deserves a shot to host the tournament. Everything will be 1st class in Columbia. It will be nice for Franklin Co to get in and not have to worry about getting home at midnight and then come back again the next day like Columbia and Lawrence have had to do in the past. All the eastern schools are spoiled because they are all within 30 minutes of each other.

I agree it will be a great tournament but how was it decided that we play in Columbia? Yes the field is awesome but everything outside the lines is sub standard. Bathrooms, concessions and seating are terrible. Lets not forget the flying softballs that come at you from behind. I guess it is for the boys though and the playing field is the most important thing. It won't matter anyway because the stands will be empty, nobody will be able to get off work to see them play [u]AT 1 IN THE AFTERNOON![/u].

Cry me a river. Every team deserves a shot to host the tournament. Everything will be 1st class in Columbia. It will be nice for Franklin Co to get in and not have to worry about getting home at midnight and then come back again the next day like Columbia and Lawrence have had to do in the past. All the eastern schools are spoiled because they are all within 30 minutes of each other.

First class? What are you going to do, put a fresh coat of paint on the port-a-john?

If that is what it takes. Who cares about the freaking bathroom? I must be way out of the loop. What school are you with shadows?

Franklin Co. Here is what I'm getting at. The boys work hard all year to get to the tournament. Lets face it, the season just gets you ready for the tournament. Yes, it's nice to win regular season but nicer to win tournament. All I'm saying is when we get to this stage of the year wouldn't it be nice to have the best our conference can offer? Coulmbia has a great field, college level, but it's not the best our conference can offer, sorry.

Also, one thing not mentioned anywhere is that the umpires in Columbia come out of a different association than everybody else. Not saying thats good or bad, but who knows. Dosen't seem fair when these umpires have had Coulmbia and Lawrence Co. all year. And maybe Lincoln Co. not sure.

You are correct. Every team does deserve to host, but that's not what has been happening. This will be the second time Columbia has hosted in the last 8 years. Coffee County has hosted twice in that span and Tullahoma the rest of them I believe. So, what happened to Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Lincoln County, and Franklin County during that time? If it's about fairness, then what is fair about that? Or just let the regular season champion host every year. Just stick to one thing or the other and stay with it. Otherwise, the system is forever flawed and teams get left out. See my point?

For me, traveling to Columbia is 100% no issue whatsoever, so don't bring in the geography bias thing. It's not about that. It's just about no lights and no bathrooms. Both of these are very important to most people. People want to be able to make it to the games during the weekdays and also want to have a restroom facility that is adequate. That's it. You may not like it, but that is the truth. But not having lights certainly does take away from a great District 8-AAA Tournament atmosphere. It just will not be the same, playing these important games in the middle of the day on the weekdays when many people won't be able to make it. Columbia people are obviously going to disagree with that because they are the home team and they are biased, but it's very safe to say all the other teams' fans will be negatively affected by the tournament setup.

This should settle the hosting questions. There are different reasons people have or have not hosted a tournament and none of them will matter anymore. The tournament started rotating alphabetically last year so everybody will have their opportunity if they want it. Also, it has been done different ways in the past. They have done regular season champion when Lincoln in 01, Columbia in 02, and Coffee in 03 hosted. Also, the coaches in the past would just vote to have it at Tullahoma because it was the preferred place among Tull, Lincoln, Coffee, Shelby, and Franklin Co. The other coaches did not want to put in the work to host so they just gave it to Tullahoma. That is the east bias I was reffering to. Now, as the coaches have changed, things are different. More of these coaches enjoy their fields and want to host, so they decided to rotate it. I hope that clears a few things. Also, I don't think the umpiring situation is relevant because most of the Columbia umpires don't like Coach Pickle anyway!haha

You are correct. Every team does deserve to host, but that's not what has been happening. This will be the second time Columbia has hosted in the last 8 years. Coffee County has hosted twice in that span and Tullahoma the rest of them I believe. So, what happened to Shelbyville, Lawrence County, Lincoln County, and Franklin County during that time? If it's about fairness, then what is fair about that? Or just let the regular season champion host every year. Just stick to one thing or the other and stay with it. Otherwise, the system is forever flawed and teams get left out. See my point?

For me, traveling to Columbia is 100% no issue whatsoever, so don't bring in the geography bias thing. It's not about that. It's just about no lights and no bathrooms. Both of these are very important to most people. People want to be able to make it to the games during the weekdays and also want to have a restroom facility that is adequate. That's it. You may not like it, but that is the truth. But not having lights certainly does take away from a great District 8-AAA Tournament atmosphere. It just will not be the same, playing these important games in the middle of the day on the weekdays when many people won't be able to make it. Columbia people are obviously going to disagree with that because they are the home team and they are biased, but it's very safe to say all the other teams' fans will be negatively affected by the tournament setup.

Yeah the Chicago Cubs went 100yrs. with no lights. And thy surely they had no "atmosphere". We have no lights . Deal with it or stay home. It's out of our control. You try dealing with the Maury County Commisioners.

Dude, How many times do you go to the bathroom in a 2 hr game. Might I suggest a trip to the Dr. before Wedesday. You may have a "growing problem".

The game takes place on the FIELD, not in the bleachers or bathroom. Plus, I guarantee you won't go home with head ache from the WAY TO LOUD MUSIC.

As far as where the tourney is played. Who on this web site makes those decisions? NO ONE. Take it up elsewhere.

And you had the nerve to call Columbiaguy "Conspiracy guy" on a previous post(#150). NOBODY likes the early weekday games. But what do you do? Is Columbia not entitled to host like the other schools?

Maybe we can pass out coffee cans for all that can't go in the on site facilities. I wish Columbia had a complex as nice as everyone else, but we don't. But the playing surface puts all others to shame. And that's where the game is played.

"You may not like it, but that is the truth" That's your qoute, by the way.

And you had the nerve to call Columbiaguy "Conspiracy guy" on a previous post(#150). NOBODY likes the early weekday games. But what do you do? Is Columbia not entitled to host like the other schools?

Maybe we can pass out coffee cans for all that can't go in the on site facilities. I wish Columbia had a complex as nice as everyone else, but we don't. But the playing surface puts all others to shame. And that's where the game is played.

"You may not like it, but that is the truth" That's your qoute, by the way.

Your Columbia bias is laughable. You can't be objective on this subject can you? And you're comparing their afternoon home games to the Chicago Cubs. That is a joke! A major league franchise with an army of loyal fans and a rich baseball history...compared to a high school hosting district tournament games when most people will not be able to attend because of work. Need I say more? I'm glad you like your port-a-johns, but most of us hate them. By the way, your field does not put others to shame. There are many, many other good fields in the state. It's not some pro surface or something... of course you'd probably compare that to Wrigley Field as well.

Your bias is really showing its ugly head and that is the truth. Don't take offense to the truth because it looks bad.

I was just bringing up the two things that everyone doesn't like about having the tournament at Columbia. That's it. It is not the end of the world by any means. Good grief. Don't be so defensive. Everyone will deal with it and move on. Of course, we can't do anything about it. These are people's thoughts and opinions that occur, though, when the only team in the district without lights and bathrooms hosts the tournament. You should expect that, deal with it objectively and calmly, and let it be. Instead, you chose to take offense to it and make sarcastic remarks to the rest of the district.

This should settle the hosting questions. There are different reasons people have or have not hosted a tournament and none of them will matter anymore. The tournament started rotating alphabetically last year so everybody will have their opportunity if they want it. Also, it has been done different ways in the past. They have done regular season champion when Lincoln in 01, Columbia in 02, and Coffee in 03 hosted. Also, the coaches in the past would just vote to have it at Tullahoma because it was the preferred place among Tull, Lincoln, Coffee, Shelby, and Franklin Co. The other coaches did not want to put in the work to host so they just gave it to Tullahoma. That is the east bias I was reffering to. Now, as the coaches have changed, things are different. More of these coaches enjoy their fields and want to host, so they decided to rotate it. I hope that clears a few things. Also, I don't think the umpiring situation is relevant because most of the Columbia umpires don't like Coach Pickle anyway!haha

The coaches get to vote on which umpiring association they would like to use - probably a battle Coffee County, Franklin County, Tullahoma, Shelbyville and Lincoln County will win. But who knows.