USJ

bballfan44

I know they have lost some games while playing a brutal schedule. There is a ton of talent on that team. Do they have enough to put it together and make another run at the state tournament.

Are there any injuries that should cause concern?

Are they 1A?? If so Lookout Valley will more likely take it in 1A but anything is possible

Are they 1A?? If so Lookout Valley will more likely take it in 1A but anything is possible

Once Lookout Valley gets on a regulation field, they will be toast. Just like last year at the state. USJ is AA and they probably have a great shot at the championship. Too many people see the won-loss record and dont see who/where teams played. Playing tough competion, especially on the road with strange umpires, surroundings, etc. gets a team prepared to advance in the playoffs.

Once Lookout Valley gets on a regulation field, they will be toast. Just like last year at the state. USJ is AA and they probably have a great shot at the championship. Too many people see the won-loss record and dont see who/where teams played. Playing tough competion, especially on the road with strange umpires, surroundings, etc. gets a team prepared to advance in the playoffs.

I know usj has played a lot of top caliber competition from out of state and some of the big guns in shelby county . . . forget the record . . . how did usj play from a competition standpoint in those games? who is emerging as the go-to-pitchers besides preston?

I guess the overbey boy is carrying them? I hear he's a stud player. Are there any other players stepping up?

He is a stud and as far as I know a good kid. You're right, though, the key is what else do they have especially on the mound. I know they've got some quality positions players/hitters.

Lookout Valley will make it to the tournament again because they play nobody along the way and they will get humiliated again by a west tn team such as jcs or huntingdon or humboldt or greenfield or whoever comes out of west tn because everybody over here doesnt play a cupcake schedule and is much more ready for teams at state tournament. Need any evidence just look at the last 2 years. Before you spout off about LV (especially if you dont even know who usj is) do some homework.

Lookout Valley will make it to the tournament again because they play nobody along the way and they will get humiliated again by a west tn team such as jcs or huntingdon or humboldt or greenfield or whoever comes out of west tn because everybody over here doesnt play a cupcake schedule and is much more ready for teams at state tournament. Need any evidence just look at the last 2 years. Before you spout off about LV (especially if you dont even know who usj is) do some homework.

If your trying to say east tennessee 1A schools play weak teams look at rockwood and harriman's non district i know none of your schedules compare to theirs.

Have you seen him pitch? I hear he throws 84-86 MPH. Hardly sounds like a stud to me.

Ahhh. Another person thinks who the only factor that makes a pitcher tough to hit is velocity. I'm not sure how hard the kid is throwing right now. I've seen his movement on his fastball, his change up and breaking ball. When he gets the offspeed stuff for strikes, you can't sit on the fastball. He's not inviceable, but there's people I'd rather our team have to face for a sub-state berth.

Ahhh. Another person thinks who the only factor that makes a pitcher tough to hit is velocity. I'm not sure how hard the kid is throwing right now. I've seen his movement on his fastball, his change up and breaking ball. When he gets the offspeed stuff for strikes, you can't sit on the fastball. He's not inviceable, but there's people I'd rather our team have to face for a sub-state berth.

You're exactly right Wave...90 mph seems to be the point where someone is labeled a stud whether or not he can throw a strike or locate. I've seen many very effective pitchers who throw less than 85 mph. Tom Glavine made a pretty nice career of throwing 2 pitches (slow and slower) to 1 location.