Clinton's D. Stone MVP at Nike Camp

Bonfire

Here is a little known fact for Rhea County . . . Darian did not practice at all that week because he got a concussion against Powell the week before. That really affected his play. Clinton's RB (Kyle Martin) was also sick so they had to move Frazier to RB which took away a weapon from Darian. He has played better games as is obvious by 1900 passing yards, 900 rushing yards, 30 TDs with only 5 Int.'s. Not many high school players can say that. If Darian were at a bigger school that had more success in the past he would have many offers already. If they stay healthy they will put Clinton back on the map this year. Stone's offers will come, as will Hazelhurst's, Chapman's, Frazier's, etc. Clinton will be down on the OL this spring, but look for the injuries to have healed and be full strength when the season begins.

I agree the must stay healthy and he will have more weapons this year then he ever had yea they lost Spoon but gain Dee Shannon and incoming freshman Camion Patrick and a few more transfer this can be a big year for Clinton fns

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the must stay healthy and he will have more weapons this year then he ever had yea they lost Spoon but gain Dee Shannon and incoming freshman Camion Patrick and a few more transfer this can be a big year for Clinton fns

As a Dragon fan, i am not really concerned about our offence....i am wondering what our defence is going to look like this year. We didnt have any problem moving the ball up and down the field, but we had problems stopping other teams from doing the same to us.

Do you know what our offensive and deffensive lines are looking like and do you happen to know who we are going to scrimmage during spring practice and if so when? Thanks!

As a Dragon fan, i am not really concerned about our offence....i am wondering what our defence is going to look like this year. We didnt have any problem moving the ball up and down the field, but we had problems stopping other teams from doing the same to us.

Do you know what our offensive and deffensive lines are looking like and do you happen to know who we are going to scrimmage during spring practice and if so when? Thanks!

Line is hurting for the spring alot of injuries from what I heard also heard Alcoa for the spring

Point taken...its not like you guys needed to try to throw the ball that night anyways. You ran through our 3 front defense like it was a scout team.

Being a high school football fan for over 30 years i thought Rhea took away what they wanted to do and pass the ball.I was impressed with your coaches schemes on defense all night.

Being a high school football fan for over 30 years i thought Rhea took away what they wanted to do and pass the ball.I was impressed with your coaches schemes on defense all night.

Here we go again. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The truth is, we may have defended the pass well against you, but we've haven't had good secondary play as a whole in years. The whole point running that defense is to have more speed out on the field to combat the spread, but we still haven't been able to stop the pass, while the 3 front leaves us susceptible right up the middle. There's a lot of Rhea County people who are just sick of seeing it. I sometimes get the Clinton and Powell playoff games mixed up in my mind, but I believe Clinton's RB had over 100 yards in the first half. It's just frustrating when you have 2 D1 linemen and can't stop a simple hand off. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

But at least we're changing next season. If we go 0-10 I'll still have the satisfaction of knowing it was in a 4 front.

We should probably move this discussion to the Rhea Co. thread. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I thought Stone was the best athlete I saw all year last year. Great mobility and GREAT arm. He did have a bit of the Tee Martin Syndrome (throwing the ball as hard as he could whether 5 yard or 50 yard routes), but you could just tell he was something special. Coaching can correct touch on his throws. No doubt he'll lead Clinton a long ways this year if all stay healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

You may know more than this already, but as far as I know, Clinton and Alcoa scrimmage next Saturday....not sure time or where

I read in the paper today that Clinton is going to have their Orange/Black game Thursday May 14th @ 6:30 and the scrimmage will be at Alcoa Saturday May 16th @ 10:00 a.m.