Clinton's D. Stone MVP at Nike Camp

Bonfire

as good as darian stone is, i still believe that hazelhurst's health will be the key to clinton having a great year.

I agree 100%! Stone is a very talented player.....but with Hazelhurst behind Stone, this makes Clinton even better. Clinton won 5 games without Hazelhurst last season and i think if he had not broke his collarbone, we would have won 7 or 8 in my opinion. I mean, Hazelhurst had 700 yards in 3 1/2 games......enough said! And another one of my favorite players that doesnt get talked about alot is the TE Chapman!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100%! Stone is a very talented player.....but with Hazelhurst behind Stone, this makes Clinton even better. Clinton won 5 games without Hazelhurst last season and i think if he had not broke his collarbone, we would have won 7 or 8 in my opinion. I mean, Hazelhurst had 700 yards in 3 1/2 games......enough said! And another one of my favorite players that doesnt get talked about alot is the TE Chapman!

Excellent point. Look at the Powell-Clinton game last year. Had Hazelhurst been healthy enough to play the entire game, the outcome would have been a lot different. When Clinton got behind early in the second half, they didn't have Hazelhurst available to earn those clutch yards. Darian Stone tried to do too much, and he clearly got frustrated in the 2nd half of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

any other kids from tennessee attend the nike camp ?

I think Keon Williams from Red Bank was there also. I know he has been to a couple of camps and I think the Nike Camp was one of them.

The Maryville-Clinton scrimmage should be a pretty. I would go see Maryville and Clinton if Rhea County wasn't playing Red Bank that day. Also the Science Hil scrimmage at Carson Newman should be pretty good, two good teams with a lot of speed.

I think Keon Williams from Red Bank was there also. I know he has been to a couple of camps and I think the Nike Camp was one of them.

The Maryville-Clinton scrimmage should be a pretty. I would go see Maryville and Clinton if Rhea County wasn't playing Red Bank that day. Also the Science Hil scrimmage at Carson Newman should be pretty good, two good teams with a lot of speed.

What position does Keon Williams play? I think all three of Clinton's scrimmages will be fun to watch! Rhea Co. in my opinion is a team to look out for this year! They made my preseason top 10. How many seniors did you lose last season?

What position does Keon Williams play? I think all three of Clinton's scrimmages will be fun to watch! Rhea Co. in my opinion is a team to look out for this year! They made my preseason top 10. How many seniors did you lose last season?

He is a running back that transferred in from N.C. He is starting to get a lot of attention from a bunch of D-I schools. I found an article on him when he was at the Nike Combine and his combine stats.

ATH: Keon Williams, 5-11, 224, Red Bank (Tenn.)

Results: 4.57 40, 4.66 shuttle, 40' PB, 34.9" VJ, 106.98 SPARQ

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/ap...map-recruiting/

We lost about 14 or 15 seniors off last years team, and 4 of them are going to play college football and I think one other may go play baseball in college. I'm excited about the freshmen class coming they are unbelievably good, and we got a huge senior class this year. So we will be good, but we got a hard schedule this year.

Now you guys up there in Clinton are going to be very good. Clinton may have one the best QB and HB combination in East Tennessee with Stone and Hazelhurst. You guys also have some really good receivers too, but yeah those scrimmages are going to be fun to watch.

He is a running back that transferred in from N.C. He is starting to get a lot of attention from a bunch of D-I schools. I found an article on him when he was at the Nike Combine and his combine stats.

ATH: Keon Williams, 5-11, 224, Red Bank (Tenn.)

Results: 4.57 40, 4.66 shuttle, 40' PB, 34.9" VJ, 106.98 SPARQ

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/ap...map-recruiting/

We lost about 14 or 15 seniors off last years team, and 4 of them are going to play college football and I think one other may go play baseball in college. I'm excited about the freshmen class coming they are unbelievably good, and we got a huge senior class this year. So we will be good, but we got a hard schedule this year.

Now you guys up there in Clinton are going to be very good. Clinton may have one the best QB and HB combination in East Tennessee with Stone and Hazelhurst. You guys also have some really good receivers too, but yeah those scrimmages are going to be fun to watch.

Last year we had about 9 or 10 seniors, but i think only 4 or 5 were starters. This year is a little different story, we have 20 seniors and i think about 15 of them are starters on offence or defence. If we are going to have a deep run into the playoffs, it is going to be this year. Our schedule isnt going to be easy either....we play Knox Halls- Dobyns-Bennett-Knox Karns- Hardin Valley- T.C. Roberson, NC.-Campbell Co.-Knox Central-Knox Powell-Oak Ridge-Anderson County. There are a couple of teams in there that usually arent very strong, but you never know what they will look like this season.

What is your team's schedule this coming up season?

Last year we had about 9 or 10 seniors, but i think only 4 or 5 were starters. This year is a little different story, we have 20 seniors and i think about 15 of them are starters on offence or defence. If we are going to have a deep run into the playoffs, it is going to be this year. Our schedule isnt going to be easy either....we play Knox Halls- Dobyns-Bennett-Knox Karns- Hardin Valley- T.C. Roberson, NC.-Campbell Co.-Knox Central-Knox Powell-Oak Ridge-Anderson County. There are a couple of teams in there that usually arent very strong, but you never know what they will look like this season.

What is your team's schedule this coming up season?

Yes, this is the year that Clinton can make the big run in the play-offs, and I'll predict they will make a deep run this year. That is a pretty tough schedule, there is only maybe 2 or 3 teams that may not have a good year. But you never know what they will do, especially a team like Campbell they can play bad one week and then come out the next and play really good. T.C Roberson that is an interesting game, I've heard their pretty good. Our schedule is pretty tough start to finish with opening at home with Knox Catholic, Wilson Central, Walker Valley, Bearden, Bradley Central, McMinn Co., Ooltewah, Cleveland, Soddy Daisy, and Warren Co. Pretty much every game could go either way. Some of those teams on paper would murder us, but I think we will do pretty well against most of them.

Yes, this is the year that Clinton can make the big run in the play-offs, and I'll predict they will make a deep run this year. That is a pretty tough schedule, there is only maybe 2 or 3 teams that may not have a good year. But you never know what they will do, especially a team like Campbell they can play bad one week and then come out the next and play really good. T.C Roberson that is an interesting game, I've heard their pretty good. Our schedule is pretty tough start to finish with opening at home with Knox Catholic, Wilson Central, Walker Valley, Bearden, Bradley Central, McMinn Co., Ooltewah, Cleveland, Soddy Daisy, and Warren Co. Pretty much every game could go either way. Some of those teams on paper would murder us, but I think we will do pretty well against most of them.

Those are some really tough teams! I dont know alot about Warren Co., but i know the rest of them and there isnt really an easy game on your schedule. So good luck and i hope you guys make it back to the playoffs again this year!

How are Chad Chase and Stearns doing?

I am glad that Chase is back! I was hopeing that Chase and Hazelhurst would line up in the backfield at the same time this year like out of an I formation or the two of them lined up to the right and left of Stone. We need to use more running backs this year, just to take some of the load off of Hazelhurst.

Im thinking Stearns will be a junior this coming up season and he should earn alot of playing time! I watched him a little durning spring practice and he looked pretty good from what i saw.