Can HS coaches coach/train select teams?

fevercoach

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G, I typed it right off the memo. I personally think it's nuts...but I am sure they are tired of folks bending the rules.

My question is why is there a question of bending the rules if they do not have a rule prohibiting coaches coaching select in their bylaws?

Secondly if the parents want to pay a coach to train their child outside of school voluntarily, how can TSSAA have the right to deny them that and deny the coach income?

I got a letter form TSSAA actually lightening up the restrictions some on the summer. There is still adead period now, but you still get certain times to practice. There are NO PRACTICE REGULATIONS until June 21, 2009. So you can do as much training as you want. Also, The DEAD PERIOD RUNS FROM JUNE 21 - JULY 4, so you can't do anything with them. Then July 5 - July 25 you have NO PRACTICE REGULATIONS again.

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/2008ScCalendar.pdf

Also, I never received any info on us not being able to watch the club teams play, I do it all the time. TSSAA can not restrict us from observing, just participating. GChunn, when did you get the memo? I can tell you for certain I'm going to still go watch my boys and girls play during their club season. If they try to implement that nonsense, we'll just beat it down like the stupid 50% rule.