District 3 - AA Tournament

showvol

AE was in it somewhat (8-4) until Skittles got pulled in the 4th inning. Hopefully for AE Clark has a good night if he pitches. Your middle part of the lineup yesterday had 5 hits between them.

Turtle, you gotta love the new grandstand at Gibbs though and here's a hint - try the BBQ sandwiches.

Yeah, that was the first time I've been at Gibbs for a baseball game.. I loved the soon to be new grandstands.. It reminds you of UT sorta. While I was sitting in the bleachers, I was thinking what AE could do to get their field like Gibbs. Mane, someone throw some ideas to the AD at AE, they need to beef up their field.

And yes I agree with you, the middle part of the lineup is what kept AE's hopes high. Yeah, Clark is going have to have a "BAM" game today. I won't be able to be there to support my cousin(s) but I know they'll come through.. I hope he throws a 1 hitter so they can put Alcoa out... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that was the first time I've been at Gibbs for a baseball game.. I loved the soon to be new grandstands.. It reminds you of UT sorta. While I was sitting in the bleachers, I was thinking what AE could do to get their field like Gibbs. Mane, someone throw some ideas to the AD at AE, they need to beef up their field.

And yes I agree with you, the middle part of the lineup is what keep AE's hopes high. Yeah, Clark is going have to "BAM" today. I won't be able to be there to support my cousin(s) but I know they'll come through.. I hope he throws a 1 hitter so they can put Alcoa out... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry to burst your bubble but Alcoa beat AE 13-3. Alcoa vs. Gibbs game was rained out and rescheduled for 12:00 Noon on Saturday.

As you know, anything can happen from night to night in baseball games. Probably the best game tonight will be the Alcoa vs. Gibbs game at Gibbs. Close game last night with both teams hitting the ball. Pitching is the key here. Seymour should not have any trouble with Carter or Fulton unless they go flat. District championship is scheduled at the higher seeds site next Tuesday.

Teams were seeded as follows:

1. Seymour

2. Gibbs

3. Alcoa

4. Carter

5. Fulton

6. Austin East

Players to watch:

Seymour - Fouse, Timmerman, Funderburke, Weaver

Gibbs - Willis, Bates, Ross, Turner

Alcoa - Coulter, T. Robinson, Borden

I'm sure there are more worth mentioning but can't remember all of them at this time. I'm sure the Seymour fans can add more when they get on here.

I think you would definitely want to throw in Newport for Seymour. He can play a number of positions, pitch and can crush the baseball!!!

yes i was at the seymour v. carter game tonight. seymour is playing some good baseball. they have been playing good when its time tho they only won 7-0 against carter to night they had timely hits which helped. you cant be on every night. i am not sure about the gibbs alcoa outcome yet. but it will be a nip tuck game in seymour tomorrow.

s-time

yes i was at the seymour v. carter game tonight. seymour is playing some good baseball. they have been playing good when its time tho they only won 7-0 against carter to night they had timely hits which helped. you cant be on every night. i am not sure about the gibbs alcoa outcome yet. but it will be a nip tuck game in seymour tomorrow.

s-time

Final

Gibbs 5

Alcoa 4

8 Innings