District 3 - AA Tournament

showvol

District Tournament begins Thursday, April 30th at Gibbs and Seymour.

Gibbs Bracket

Thursday

Game 1 - 5:00 pm Austin East vs. Alcoa

Game 2 - 7:30 pm Winner of Game 1 vs. Gibbs

Friday

Game 3 - 5:00 pm Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 2

Game 4 - 7:30 pm Winner of Game 2 vs. Winner of Game 3

Saturday

Game 5 - 12:00 Noon (If needed)

Seymour Bracket

Thursday

Game 1 - 5:00 pm Carter vs. Fulton

Game 2 - 7:30 pm Winner of Game 1 vs. Seymour

Friday

Game 3 - 5:00 pm Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 2

Game 4 - 7:30 pm Winner of Game 2 vs. Winner of Game 3

Saturday

Game 5 - 12:00 Noon (If needed)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like seymour and gibbs going to be playin in the district championship again this year..

looks like seymour and gibbs going to be playin in the district championship again this year..

Alcoa beat AE... boy, it was right there in AE's hands they just had a bad bottom of the 5th ending

Final score was 17-4....

Score going into the bottom of the 5th was 8-4 Alcoa... boy AE was so close..

We still have life though...

Well Turtle, the tarp is on the field and if the rain stops, they will play at Gibbs tonight.

If anyone has the time.....can someone tell me who the "elite" players in this district are? I really don't know and I kinda want to know what to look for if I come to the games. I've heard Seymour has some kids that swing some sharp sticks and their bullpen is good. Are they a state contender? Is Alcoa going to be able to comeback from that close loss to Gibbs? Should I show up before the final to see some good baseball, or will Gibbs and Seymour definitely reach that game(s)?

Kazanity

If anyone has the time.....can someone tell me who the "elite" players in this district are? I really don't know and I kinda want to know what to look for if I come to the games. I've heard Seymour has some kids that swing some sharp sticks and their bullpen is good. Are they a state contender? Is Alcoa going to be able to comeback from that close loss to Gibbs? Should I show up before the final to see some good baseball, or will Gibbs and Seymour definitely reach that game(s)?

Kazanity

As you know, anything can happen from night to night in baseball games. Probably the best game tonight will be the Alcoa vs. Gibbs game at Gibbs. Close game last night with both teams hitting the ball. Pitching is the key here. Seymour should not have any trouble with Carter or Fulton unless they go flat. District championship is scheduled at the higher seeds site next Tuesday.

Teams were seeded as follows:

1. Seymour

2. Gibbs

3. Alcoa

4. Carter

5. Fulton

6. Austin East

Players to watch:

Seymour - Fouse, Timmerman, Funderburke, Weaver

Gibbs - Willis, Bates, Ross, Turner

Alcoa - Coulter, T. Robinson, Borden

I'm sure there are more worth mentioning but can't remember all of them at this time. I'm sure the Seymour fans can add more when they get on here.

Probably the best game tonight will be the Alcoa vs. Gibbs game at Gibbs. Close game last night with both teams hitting the ball.

Players to watch:

Seymour - Fouse, Timmerman, Funderburke, Weaver

Gibbs - Willis, Bates, Ross, Turner

Alcoa - Coulter, T. Robinson, Borden

I'm sure there are more worth mentioning but can't remember all of them at this time. I'm sure the Seymour fans can add more when they get on here.

WOW, it looks as though you've already pencil Alcoa in to play GIBBS tonight... Barn Nun, I think if the ROadrunners show up and play ALCOA could be packing their bags early. AE has the skills to get up in ALcoa and upset them.. So some advice to you, don't base your prediction on yesterdays game or else you may be at home wondering how Alcoa lost to AE...

Now to the players to watch since you're not giving Fulton or AE any love with your list...

AE: Clark(p), Tarrant, M. Myers(batting)

Fulton: Winters- They have another player but I can't think of his name he plays Catcher...

WOW, it looks as though you've already pencil Alcoa in to play GIBBS tonight... Barn Nun, I think if the ROadrunners show up and play ALCOA could be packing their bags early. AE has the skills to get up in ALcoa and upset them.. So some advice to you, don't base your prediction on yesterdays game or else you may be at home wondering how Alcoa lost to AE...

Now to the players to watch since you're not giving Fulton or AE any love with your list...

AE: Clark(p), Tarrant, M. Myers(batting)

Fulton: Winters- They have another player but I can't think of his name he plays Catcher...

Not trying to bash AE as I was at the game yesterday too but just trying to be real here AE was in it somewhat (8-4) until Skittles got pulled in the 4th inning. Hopefully for AE Clark has a good night if he pitches. Your middle part of the lineup yesterday had 5 hits between them.

Turtle, you gotta love the new grandstand at Gibbs though and here's a hint - try the BBQ sandwiches.