Whitwell

Possum u are right about your teaching position and the special ed position!! Now here is the kicker!! Within 24 hours of you resigning they have moved the female guidance counsler to your history position and are going to put a female at the open special ed position ( daughter of a former Whitwell principal) and then they are going to put another female in the guidance counsler??? Wonder why they cant keep a coach with all that dedication to sports, especially football?? So, they had openings for about 24 hours or less?? You are right back where you started???? Oh yeah, there was also a english position that is going to be filled with the directors secretary's grandaughter?? Oh well, no need for me to vent?? Good luck to everybody??????????

Old Pirate says those folks up there are gitting what they ask for. The kids will continue to pay the price. But hey that Whutwell for you! Recon they will ask for a female football position coach. With the number of coaches reportedly being limted to each program, Whutwell may be only to fill with warm bodies. Dad burnit, them females can swing the skillet, maybe...just maybe them kids could use a whack up side the head.......Nah.......OP says them boys will git that after taking a wife anyhow. Sure no need to rush that......

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Possum!! I know we have had our difficulities on this board from time to time but I want you to know that you have my respect. That may not mean a whole lot to you but I do mean it.

You love Whitwell as much as I do Marion County and I will support MC as much as I possibly can. I know you do the same with your Tigers. When everything is said and done the ONLY things that truly matter in this world is love of God and love of family. In the end, these two things will be the only things that we can count on!!

Bill, I respect you because we can come on here and say what we feel needs said, knowing who said it. I have NEVER come on here with a different user name. If people don't agree with what I have to say they can die with it on their minds. Bill, just because I am leaving Whitwell does not mean I will not come on here and give you a hard time about Jasper. I expect you to do the same. Good luck to the Warriors next year. Thanks for the kind words. May God Bless.

More things change...the more they stay the same!!

I just wonder if the new coach had any idea what he was getting into at WHS. When you have a few positions that could have been filled with assistant coaches and they completely disregard any help for him. Makes you wonder what the people in charge are thinking.

No disrespect to women teachers but they are not going to stay after school and coach football, baseball, and basketball. They are going to take their "Wal-Mart" money and go home. If you want sports to EVER be successful and not be the laughing stock of the Sequatchie Valley hire the new guy some help.

Is Whitwell going to scrimmage anyone this spring?

Bill, we scrimaged Bledsoe, really did not care about the score, like most small schools do. We did look at alot of different players in different situations. Mixed things up a bit, Bledsoe had more big plays, witch was ok, because it gave the new coach a chance to see how the team would respond at that point. All I can say is so close, but so far away. I think given time things will be ok, and Whitwell will be competative again. Kids played hard at times, otherwise nothing would have come from it. Lot of work to be done from the fundamental aspect of the game. My break down of it anyway for what it is worth.

Old Pirate says those folks up there are gitting what they ask for. The kids will continue to pay the price. But hey that Whutwell for you! Recon they will ask for a female football position coach. With the number of coaches reportedly being limted to each program, Whutwell may be only to fill with warm bodies. Dad burnit, them females can swing the skillet, maybe...just maybe them kids could use a whack up side the head.......Nah.......OP says them boys will git that after taking a wife anyhow. Sure no need to rush that......

I say you have got what you deserve......Do not make me go there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It will be interesting this fall to see if the new ball coach at WhitWell will achieve legend status in 2009. How are things looking for the young lads in the middle of the Sequatchie Valley?

i have read his bio and seen his picture in the paper. seems like a nice, clean cut guy who left beautiful FLORIDA for whitwell where they set fire to coaches cars. my next logical question is why on earth would he do such a thing?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is everybody in Whitwell asleep? I'm curious about this new coach at Soddy Daisy. I believe his name is Chandra??? or something close to that. How did he do while at Whitwell?

if you guys hired phil condra...then you got a good one...he will work his tail off and work the kids hard too!

NP