District Tournament Question

rookie420

If top seed team makes a call that they can't play on their field and the opposing teams field is playable can the game still be cancelled? I understand that every district has their own rules but what is the norm in this situation?

Would it make a difference if the top seed team is already in the top 2 of that district? I guess what I am asking is if the opposing team has any recourse in this matter?

If top seed team makes a call that they can't play on their field and the opposing teams field is playable can the game still be cancelled? I understand that every district has their own rules but what is the norm in this situation?

Would it make a difference if the top seed team is already in the top 2 of that district? I guess what I am asking is if the opposing team has any recourse in this matter?

if one school is playing and the other isnt it does not look good most coaches are going to play as one day they may not be the high seed and would expect someone to try and get the games in as well. its an honor system i think.

if one school is playing and the other isnt it does not look good most coaches are going to play as one day they may not be the high seed and would expect someone to try and get the games in as well. its an honor system i think.

As I'm sure you know, the tourney director and coaches are supposed to hash all these contingencies out (all million of them). Yeah, you'd think everybody would take the high road but let's get real. People are going to take the road that offers them the least resistance to the region and beyond. And quite honestly, this is such a strange spring we're having, i doubt there is much precedent for all of this.

Thanks guys.....I guess we can only hope that all the coaches take the high road and does the right thing. Good luck to all of the Tennesse High School Baseball players in your tournaments! Play hard.............

It is up to each individual district. In your district's case "Rookie420" it looks as if they are saying that if higher seed's field isn't ready but other field is then they must travel.

It is up to each individual district. In your district's case "Rookie420" it looks as if they are saying that if higher seed's field isn't ready but other field is then they must travel.

Thanks, they were told that if their field was not playable then they had to come to Chattanooga and play or forfiet the game. They got their field ready and we played there!.