Macon County Tigers

I think y'all have a real shot at winning this game. It's probably the weakest Westy team in several years.

We have lost a lot of player throught graduation and other circumstances. We also have a new offense and a new coach. I think the game will be interesting.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything with the Tigers seems to be going well. Goolsby has been welcomed with open arms from the players and parents! I have no doubt the fans will follow suit when they see THIS team on the field.

We've had a rough last few years and we are all very excited about the upcoming season. Yes, we have a tough schedule, one I wouldn't wish on anyone but I think the enthusiasim and the hard work will pay off. They are pumped up big!

The boys really like the new offense and they are feeding off of Goolsby's personality! They can't wait for the first day with pads! Goolsby seems to be a fair & honest coach but at the same time he is really tough and that is exactly what these boys need after what they have been through! Nobody that wasn't there or didn't have a kid on the team that would tell what was being said and done has no idea what all really went on in the past few years at Macon and really should just keep their opinions to themselves.

Players already know at this point, if they want to play they have to pay the price with hard work. Nobody will walk onto that field because of who he is or who he knows. I don't think we'll see any "this is Johnny's son so I'm playing him even if he doesn't know which direction we are going on the field". The best 11 will be on that field and that is the way it should be. I hope mine is there and he does too but we both know that winning is the ultimate goal and if it takes my kid being on the sideline to accomplish that, that is what needs to happen and my son is good with that......he wants to win!

Everything with the Tigers seems to be going well. Goolsby has been welcomed with open arms from the players and parents! I have no doubt the fans will follow suit when they see THIS team on the field.

We've had a rough last few years and we are all very excited about the upcoming season. Yes, we have a tough schedule, one I wouldn't wish on anyone but I think the enthusiasim and the hard work will pay off. They are pumped up big!

The boys really like the new offense and they are feeding off of Goolsby's personality! They can't wait for the first day with pads! Goolsby seems to be a fair & honest coach but at the same time he is really tough and that is exactly what these boys need after what they have been through! Nobody that wasn't there or didn't have a kid on the team that would tell what was being said and done has no idea what all really went on in the past few years at Macon and really should just keep their opinions to themselves.

Players already know at this point, if they want to play they have to pay the price with hard work. Nobody will walk onto that field because of who he is or who he knows. I don't think we'll see any "this is Johnny's son so I'm playing him even if he doesn't know which direction we are going on the field". The best 11 will be on that field and that is the way it should be. I hope mine is there and he does too but we both know that winning is the ultimate goal and if it takes my kid being on the sideline to accomplish that, that is what needs to happen and my son is good with that......he wants to win!

Well put. Macon Co. back on the right track hopefully. And if every parent thought like this, wow, i couldnt even imagine.