SCHS-OSHS predictions

bigreid

Posted by fanman:

Did we even throw a pass? :) How many yards did Ward have...300?? :) It should have been worse but that timely yellow hankie seem to show up in the nick of time...kinda like at Trousdale.

Fan(who REALLY enjoyed the game...but we made to many mistakes to beat a region 4-3a team tonite...guess we were lucky it was an out of region)

[Edited by fanman on 9-13-02 11:01P]

Gee fan, Who was the team that was short in talent and ability. I don't think it was the Owls, do you? :x

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith Co. won't score more than 2 TD'S against Oliver Springs, huh? They scored 3 and could have easily been 5. Which team played the better special teams? Dub-###### Who?

Mad Stork,LOL. If that was #4 you were talking bout'.....man, what a lanky kid. He didn't seem to want to "splatter the cortexes" the Owls #3 on the punt return. Smith Co. wouldn't run the ball? Man, ya'll seem to have been the ones to "elevate your team" unrealistically. Have a fine rest of the season and good luck. Oh, by the way, it was all down hill from the time we arrived. Thanks for being such wonderful hosts and let us dominate you like that. :)

Funny, I was going to post a congratulations to Smith County on a terrific game plan and execution. To read the post on how Oliver SPrings was dominated, I quesiton two thing which game were youa t or what is your knowledge of football. The game was tied 0-0 at halftime and Oliver Springs had an oppurtunity to get the ball back to tie the game with less than 4 minutes to go with the score 14-7 in the 4th quarter. I hardly call that dominant. If that is dominating, then I guess SMith County football has a long way to go. OLiver Spring defense gave up several long runs in the second half, but I would hardly say that OS was dominated. OLiver Springs turned the ball over on 2 interceptions in SMith COunty side of the field in the second half that was the difference in the game. to the poster tha said SMith COunty almost had 5 scores, wellOS could have had 4 scores too.. Its all apples and oranges and a great game with great defense.. The two teams are very similar in talnet and gameplan especially the defenses.. The difference was SMith COunty's running back.. He's amazing and only seemed to get stronger as the game continued.. My hats of to SMith COunty, like Oliver SPrings they will make heavy noise in the playoffs.... Glad to see you guys are back in Carthrage safely..

0-0 at half-time true. BUT Smith Co. was dominant the whole first half. Played on your side of the fifty almost the entire time. Oliver Springs didn't their initial 1st down till midway thru the second quarter. I didn't see comparable athletes. Yes, Ward is the real deal. So is alot of other Owls. Whalen is a decent QB and really the only player you had. But good luck the rest of the way and let's keep talkin' up our teams. I still think the Owls were dominant. Ask the Bobcats. :)

Thank you to the folks at Oliver Springs...you showed some real hospitality tonight...everyone was nice and polite and made us feel welcome...thanks...

I'm telling ya...if Shawn Ward wants to be an actor...Linda Blair ain't got nothing on that kid!!!...He reminded me of that little chunky monkey in "Stand By Me"...at the pie eating contest...IT WAS GREAT!!!...(hope he feels better)...and sorry, OS...about the mess he made on your field...maybe the rain will wash it away... :)

I don't see why Smith County thinks they won the Super Bowl. Sure they have a good team, but Class AAA schools shouldn't do too much bragging when they beat a Class AA school. They're supposed to win against smaller schools. Congratulations on the win, but save the bragging for when you win against Trousdale or Portland.

Some of you guys talked OS/Smith Co. up like it was the Super Bowl. Favoring OS of course. Then we actually play the game. Your predictions, thoughts, and hopes are no where near reality. You have to talk down the whipping you took. When we exchange comments all week concerning our teams, whoever loses should expect some jeering from whoever wins. It's the nature of the beast. I heard all week how Smith Co. had no chance to go to OS and win. Now when Smith Co. goes to OS and wins I'm glad I was right and you guys were wrong. Face it, the Owls beat you up pretty good. The players know it, coaches know it, and it's time some of the fans realize it too. Good luck to OS the rest of the way and playing Smith Co. this year will make you better. All 8 Smith Co. fans thanks OS for their hospitality again.

Posted by goosevol:

I don't see why Smith County thinks they won the Super Bowl. Sure they have a good team, but Class AAA schools shouldn't do too much bragging when they beat a Class AA school. They're supposed to win against smaller schools. Congratulations on the win, but save the bragging for when you win against Trousdale or Portland.

Smith Co. is a 2-a team...we just chose to play up because of all the private schools in ...and lets call it by its real name...division 2 2-a. Trousdale Co. is a much smaller team than Gordansville or Oliver Springs. But they have and equalizer...T.T. Harper. He is like a greased pig. Im looking forward to the game in week 7. Good luck to Oliver Springs the rest of the way.

Fan

Posted by OS91:

Funny, I was going to post a congratulations to Smith County on a terrific game plan and execution. To read the post on how Oliver SPrings was dominated, I quesiton two thing which game were youa t or what is your knowledge of football. The game was tied 0-0 at halftime and Oliver Springs had an oppurtunity to get the ball back to tie the game with less than 4 minutes to go with the score 14-7 in the 4th quarter. I hardly call that dominant. If that is dominating, then I guess SMith County football has a long way to go. OLiver Spring defense gave up several long runs in the second half, but I would hardly say that OS was dominated. OLiver Springs turned the ball over on 2 interceptions in SMith COunty side of the field in the second half that was the difference in the game. to the poster tha said SMith COunty almost had 5 scores, wellOS could have had 4 scores too.. Its all apples and oranges and a great game with great defense.. The two teams are very similar in talnet and gameplan especially the defenses.. The difference was SMith COunty's running back.. He's amazing and only seemed to get stronger as the game continued.. My hats of to SMith COunty, like Oliver SPrings they will make heavy noise in the playoffs.... Glad to see you guys are back in Carthrage safely..

The only reason any of us have said anything about the game is because of your mouth before the game. (your superior athletes and such). Oliver Springs kept it close against a team that was at least 3 or 4 touchdowns better. If you doubt that, you don't know much. You could not run the ball. If you rely on passing only, you are going to throw some interceptions. If the team you are playing knows you can't run, they are going to sit back and wait for you to make a mistake. :) Make mistakes you did. Last year, we didn't expect you to pass...this year we were prepared. It was as close as it could have been. I guess everyone has selective memory. They remember their opportunities, not the other team's.