FRANKLIN CO BASEBALL

98Vol

I didn't know the extent of good coaches leaving FC programs. I know Phil as both a friend & an outstanding coach, John Wild as well. Phil & I spent time as assistants on the football sidelines together at Coffee Co & he was very successful when he was head baseball there. We have kept in touch when we both left Manchester & I know of no other that works as hard to make their program 1st rate. Good luck Phil, enjoy the time away.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true. Supposely, the Bored of Education (yes i know how i spelled it) decided to trim some money from extended contracts of coaches and Phil might just be the first of several who step down. No summer money for coaches who spend ENDLESS hours with their summer programs. I know that some yahoos will say that the coaches SHOULD do it for the love of the kids. BOTTOM LINE: Krogers and Walmart doesnt accept love of somethinhg as a substitute for cash, check or credit.

Cunningham and crew think they have all the answers and they dont even know the questions.

So for FC parents of athletes, your kids are getting sold down the river.

Summer money should be considered a bonus and not the norm

Coaches do summer ball for the benefit of their programs.....not for the money

If you got into coaching because of money........you are in the wrong profession

I didn't know the extent of good coaches leaving FC programs. I know Phil as both a friend & an outstanding coach, John Wild as well. Phil & I spent time as assistants on the football sidelines together at Coffee Co & he was very successful when he was head baseball there. We have kept in touch when we both left Manchester & I know of no other that works as hard to make their program 1st rate. Good luck Phil, enjoy the time away.

I played baseball and football for Coach King while he was at Coffee County, and I can tell you first hand that Farnklin County is loosing a fantastic coach, teacher, and mentor.

Summer money should be considered a bonus and not the norm

Coaches do summer ball for the benefit of their programs.....not for the money

If you got into coaching because of money........you are in the wrong profession

So teachers who teach summer school to help out the students and the school should do it for free. Time is worth a lot more than many coaches get paid anyway. But I am sure you know more about it than I do. Someone on here always does.

So teachers who teach summer school to help out the students and the school should do it for free. Time is worth a lot more than many coaches get paid anyway. But I am sure you know more about it than I do. Someone on here always does.

I probably do.

Summer school is for the betterment of a students education or an opportunity to retake something(Teachers are getting paid to offer a service that they received professional training to do so).........I agree that a coaches time is worth more than they are paid already, but if HS coaches are worrying about earning a paycheck in the summer, then maybe they should look into other endeavors besides a HS Summer Baseball Coach.

Professionals should BE PAID! Why is it that some expect coaches should work for free or less than minimum wage? Do they not have college degrees and a professional certificate? Pay them for all of their services.

Yes, they do have college degrees and professional certificates........in Education and Teaching!!

They do get paid for their services, during the school year.

You think a Basketball Coach gets paid for spring practice???? Or when they go to camp in the summer????

You think the "FBCoach" gets paid when doing off-season workouts????

No, these men do it because they want to get their program to get better

No different than Summer Baseball

I probably do.

Summer school is for the betterment of a students education or an opportunity to retake something(Teachers are getting paid to offer a service that they received professional training to do so).........I agree that a coaches time is worth more than they are paid already, but if HS coaches are worrying about earning a paycheck in the summer, then maybe they should look into other endeavors besides a HS Summer Baseball Coach.

This is an interesting thread. I am curious to know how many baseball coaches get extended contracts. Where I am at it happens for basketball and football but not baseball. No money for summer.

For some reason though I tend to believe that people who share your beliefs would be the first people in line to complain if your coach looked into other endeavors in the summer and did not run a summer program.

This is an interesting thread. I am curious to know how many baseball coaches get extended contracts. Where I am at it happens for basketball and football but not baseball. No money for summer.

For some reason though I tend to believe that people who share your beliefs would be the first people in line to complain if your coach looked into other endeavors in the summer and did not run a summer program.

I would guess there are a lot more that don't get it than do......baseball is just not considered a revenue producing sport...Football mostly, and sometimes Basketball are the cash cows......this is probably why not very many baseball coaches recieve compensation for off-season programs.

So if a coaches off-season stipend or compensation has to be cut, it will always be Baseball before the other 2

I would guess there are a lot more that don't get it than do......baseball is just not considered a revenue producing sport...Football mostly, and sometimes Basketball are the cash cows......this is probably why not very many baseball coaches recieve compensation for off-season programs.

So if a coaches off-season stipend or compensation has to be cut, it will always be Baseball before the other 2

All of FC sports off season compensation have been cut. Tigerskip what do you do for a living? Do you work for free in your off time? In any job one is paid for the time they spend, why should teachers and coaches work for free.