District Rankings

With Bearden loosing all their starters,Maryville and Farragut loosing several players including their big post players, who do you think the final 4 will be in the district? Last year's 1-4 standings were 1. Bearden, 2. Maryville, 3. Farragut, 4. Lenoir City. Will others in the district compete with these 4? I heard rumor that Lester Wilson is transfering to Bearden. Any truth to it?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Bearden loosing all their starters,Maryville and Farragut loosing several players including their big post players, who do you think the final 4 will be in the district? Last year's 1-4 standings were 1. Bearden, 2. Maryville, 3. Farragut, 4. Lenoir City. Will others in the district compete with these 4? I heard rumor that Lester Wilson is transfering to Bearden. Any truth to it?

Catholic has 3 full time starters returning from last years regular season district championship team and 8 returning players overall. 2 of the returning bench players started at least 10 games each. They have some size too all rising juniors. Joey Bodewig 6'7 post; Spencer Roth a 6'5 athletic forward who can shoot the three; Phillip Stevens another 6'5 post who can shoot the three and had several double figure scoring games off the bench for the Irish. They return another junior in Lucas Branch who started at point. The only 2 seniors will be Taylor Broussard (6'3 guard who was the player of the year in district 4AA) and Tyler Williamson who finished the season as a starter. JV players who should make an impact on the varsity are 6'2 guard Matt Cox, 5'10 guard Zack Quayle and 6'1 guard Daniel Adams all rising juniors. The Irish have some really talented freshman coming in also. I know AAA is different than AA but they have alot of game experience. I agree with splainhornets, Lester Wilson going to Bearden would not make sense. He's established himself as the man on that team and plays a majority of the minutes.

I agree that Bearden will be at the top again, but I also think Lenoir City will challenge them. Maryville, Catholic, and West will be right with those guys too. I think Farragut lost a lot, but they always make a strong showing. I don't think you can count out William Blount either....Wow! That's an extremely stout district next year. It will be an accomplishment to make the region....

I agree that Bearden will be at the top again, but I also think Lenoir City will challenge them. Maryville, Catholic, and West will be right with those guys too. I think Farragut lost a lot, but they always make a strong showing. I don't think you can count out William Blount either....Wow! That's an extremely stout district next year. It will be an accomplishment to make the region....

It will be like playing in the Big East! Lol. How will AC do next season in 3AAA? I believe the Mavericks can make a run at the district title. You guys have some talented rising sophomores returning.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Lenoir City- Has the best player in all of East TN and a veteran squad returning along with atleast one added transfer that can play. Not to mention Windell is a great coach.

2. Bearden- Returns some good players in the junior class. Will probably split with LC in reg. season

3. Maryville- Coach Eldridge will have his least experienced group that he has had since he has been at Maryville, but that didn't stop him when he was at AC.

4. West- Possibly the most athletic team in the district. Lacks some solid structure.

5. Catholic- Great coaching and experience combined with a great system.

6. Farragut- Very little varsity experience with this group of rising seniors. Most played jv last year

1. Lenoir City- Has the best player in all of East TN and a veteran squad returning along with atleast one added transfer that can play. Not to mention Windell is a great coach.

2. Bearden- Returns some good players in the junior class. Will probably split with LC in reg. season

3. Maryville- Coach Eldridge will have his least experienced group that he has had since he has been at Maryville, but that didn't stop him when he was at AC.

4. West- Possibly the most athletic team in the district. Lacks some solid structure.

5. Catholic- Great coaching and experience combined with a great system.

6. Farragut- Very little varsity experience with this group of rising seniors. Most played jv last year

Must not have been at the State to see Jalen Steele do it on the big stage.....not to take anything away from Tyler

Must not have been at the State to see Jalen Steele do it on the big stage.....not to take anything away from Tyler

No I wasn't at state...had the opportunity to see Jalen a few times. He is great, Tyler is simply better. But hey that's my opinion. If Jalen had to play in the same disctrict Tyler played in he wouldn't have been at state either. Tyler played much better competition that Jalen did night in and night out. Even outside the district against Walton, GA who had 2 All Americans Tyler had 30 pts 15 rebs. Both are great players but I think Tyler is the best around.

Union could surprise people, but they will still be suspect in the post compared to these others...ScottA give me a call I've lost your number

I'm not sure what Union Co. has, never seen them play. I do know what Fulton, AE, and Carter have. Gibbs will be a lot better too. Throw in G-P and things will be interesting. I do believe that AE and Fulton are the top 2 teams in that district, everyone else will be fighting for the 3rd and 4th seeds. District 4AA should come down to Alcoa and Stone, if Scott can carry over the momentum from last year they'll be in the chase to.