Dyer Co/Dyersburg

NewellHartbaseball

I think that it is awesome that there are TWO teams this strong within this county. I applaud the Dyersburg Trojans for working so hard and wish them the very best Friday in their Sub-state game!!!

I am so so proud of the Dyer County Choctaws for NEVER giving up! You work hard until the very last out and that's all we can ask. Keep pushing and pushing until you break through all those walls..........PAIN DON'T HURT! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, I believe it was a great crowd on both sides of the field Wednesday night. Grownups can behave, when they want to. It was a great baseball atmosphere tonite. Everyone was a class act . Now lets root for both teams to make it to the Boro. I for one am pulling for both to get there. I am so proud of both the Trojans & Choctaws for a great season. Now lets all go to the Boro and paint the town. Lets show them what High School Baseball is all about in Northwest Tennessee. All they have to do is beat the two Memphis teams left. It will be a tall order, but an order I think we can fill. "GO BIG ORANGE" & TROJANS!!!!!!

Well said, I believe it was a great crowd on both sides of the field Wednesday night. Grownups can behave, when they want to. It was a great baseball atmosphere tonite. Everyone was a class act . Now lets root for both teams to make it to the Boro. I for one am pulling for both to get there. I am so proud of both the Trojans & Choctaws for a great season. Now lets all go to the Boro and paint the town. Lets show them what High School Baseball is all about in Northwest Tennessee. All they have to do is beat the two Memphis teams left. It will be a tall order, but an order I think we can fill. "GO BIG ORANGE" & TROJANS!!!!!!

I'd sure like to see one more Trojan-Choctaw battle this season . . . because somebody around here would be toting home a state title. But there is a lot of work for both teams to do before we can even think about that. First things first. Talent + Execution = Success!!!!!

Speaking of crowds. How many people, would you estimate, were there last night?

Speaking of crowds. How many people, would you estimate, were there last night?

It's hard to figure out how many people were there last night, but it was more people there at any game I've been to all year. That is for sure. The atmosphere was great. Both sides conducted themselves in a very kind and respectable manner. I was proud of everyone there. Emotions were high , but under control. That is the way it should be. Best game Ive been to all year and maybe 10 years. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Hip Hip Horay to Dyersburg & Dyer County Baseball. We should all be proud of ourselves.

i heard this was a great game. Is it true Dyer County pitched two freshmen in the region championship ?

Yes they did.The first one was a lefty (Colton Harris) he pitched five and 2thirds of an inning and freshman (Andrew Massey)relieved him in the 6th.They both did a great job to be freshmen.This was one nerve wrecking game.If you had fingernails,you don't now.GREAT GAME GUYS.

Yes they did.The first one was a lefty (Colton Harris) he pitched five and 2thirds of an inning and freshman (Andrew Massey)relieved him in the 6th.They both did a great job to be freshmen.This was one nerve wrecking game.If you had fingernails,you don't now.GREAT GAME GUYS.

ditto!....

They are two freshmen that have played on a travel team for several years together along with about 5 others. They have been preparing for days like this, their preparations have paid off and should be paying off for years to come----provided they keep working at it and take care of their arms/body/mind! I see nothing but bright futures for them and others on this DC team.

"Fight the Fight" my dear Stixx friends! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO TROJANS !

GO CHOCTAWS !!

ITS GREAT TO HAVE BOTH OUR COUNTY TEAMS VIAING TO PLAY FOR THE STATE TITLE..

HOPEFULLY WE'LL SEE BOTH IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

How are the brackets set up for state play? I wouldn't want Dyer County and Dyersburg to meet up first game or even 2nd game. Anyone know how that works? Yeah yeah, I know, we must WIN tonight, but I was curious how that worked anyway.

well....DC won 26-0.

That game should have never taken place. DC JV came in after the 2nd??? I felt bad for them. But hey, they seemed to have fun. Westwood's LF wore his hat backwards all night and the IF were cutting up with each other. Last I heard D'burg game was pretty much the same.

Dyersburg wins 31-0. Same deal with their game. The other team seemed to have fun.