Obion Central vs. Huntingdon Spring Game @ UTM

Marv58

Friday, May 15 is the spring game between Obion County Central and Huntingdon, being held at Tennessee-Martin's game field . Activities will begin at 5:30 with a three-way scrimmage between Ridgemont, Hillcrest, and Black Oak Junior Highs. Following this scrimmage will be the spring game between the two high schools. Admission is $3 and this covers the entire event. Hope to see everyone out there!

Friday, May 15 is the spring game between Obion County Central and Huntingdon, being held at Tennessee-Martin's game field . Activities will begin at 5:30 with a three-way scrimmage between Ridgemont, Hillcrest, and Black Oak Junior Highs. Following this scrimmage will be the spring game between the two high schools. Admission is $3 and this covers the entire event. Hope to see everyone out there!

Any scores to report? How did the stangs look?

Offensive showcase. Both teams looked great on offense. The defenses were struggling some. Obion looked bad on defense to start, but then they seemed to figure out that muddle huddle Huntingdon runs toward the end. Huntingdon never had a defensive answer as Obion scored at will. I think if it were a whole game Obion wins by a few scores. However the score would have been 50 something to 40 something. Lots of offense.

Offensive showcase. Both teams looked great on offense. The defenses were struggling some. Obion looked bad on defense to start, but then they seemed to figure out that muddle huddle Huntingdon runs toward the end. Huntingdon never had a defensive answer as Obion scored at will. I think if it were a whole game Obion wins by a few scores. However the score would have been 50 something to 40 something. Lots of offense.

Folks don't believe that stuff. Huntingdon won 4-3 with 5 or 6 fr. on def. Huntingdon was never close to being stopped.Avg about 10 yds per carry and thats being generous. If it had been a real game obion wouldn't have had the ball a total of 9 min. and would have gone 3 and out a bunch. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your right. OC's offense would have walked on the field ran the ball 1 time to get it on the proper hash. Ran a vertical pass to get within the ten and run a running play to punch it in. 3 and off the field with another touchdown. Time of possession with 9 mins would be logical because they could have scored so quickly .... go ahead and run the clock off after your down big. The deciding factor in a real game would have been OC could score quickly from anywhere on the field while Huntington had to grind it. It would be easy to take away the big play when the best big yardage play in your playbook is toss sweep,sally, and criss cross.

Now I can see it being a shootout but trying to make a case that there was a chance in stopping OC's offense is ridiculous. Heck one time OC was backed up to 3rd and 25 due to consecutive penalties and guess what they still made it...If you can't stop someone on 3rd and 25 pack it up your not stopping the team.

But seriously we are looking way to far into a scrimmage...and there are obvious bias from both sides.

Your right. OC's offense would have walked on the field ran the ball 1 time to get it on the proper hash. Ran a vertical pass to get within the ten and run a running play to punch it in. 3 and off the field with another touchdown. Time of possession with 9 mins would be logical because they could have scored so quickly .... go ahead and run the clock off after your down big. The deciding factor in a real game would have been OC could score quickly from anywhere on the field while Huntington had to grind it. It would be easy to take away the big play when the best big yardage play in your playbook is toss sweep,sally, and criss cross.

Now I can see it being a shootout but trying to make a case that there was a chance in stopping OC's offense is ridiculous. Heck one time OC was backed up to 3rd and 25 due to consecutive penalties and guess what they still made it...If you can't stop someone on 3rd and 25 pack it up your not stopping the team.

But seriously we are looking way to far into a scrimmage...and there are obvious bias from both sides.

Yes,, your offense looked devastating against 5 freshman, 4 of which were playing in the secondary. But it was good work for them. As for taking away the big play....I think we ran offtackle 95 percent of the time and it was the same freaking play over and over. Coach must have got bored and run the double handoff, he does that sometimes. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

OCVol.. Come on down to Bethel Friday at 4:30 and see some players ya'll didn't get to see last week. Look for Pierce, Warbritton, Carter, Thompson, Huss, Maddox, Cloar, BAM, Dill, Fuller, Villalobos, Barger, Watson, Jennette, Ward, Gregory,

Heck ... I know I'm leaving someone out. Like I said on the Huntingdon thread. You guys must have improved a lot to think you would beat us in a regular game seeing you haven't won a game in the last two years.

yeah we looked at your baseball roster and last year's football roster. Just about all those names you threw out there are sophomores to be with a few upperclassmen sprinkled in. Not to mention they are some little dudes too. I hope you guys aren't looking for too much out of some of those guys. The best looking guy by the numbers of size is Villalobos, but this isn't soccer, its football! Like I said on your classification's board, keep running that 4 play offense. I'm sure it will do you well when you come against a team that's more athletic and talented than you.

bigorangefan911....... For Obion County Central Rebels not to have won a game in the last 2 years, you have to be the biggest trash talker on Coach T. Nobody on here believes a word you're posting. OC goes and schedules Fulton County School for the Blind /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> and week 2 plays Byhalia Mississippi Mighty Midgets. (Buy a win.com) Hope ya'll get a win this season. Too bad you have to go out of state to get it....

bigorangefan911....... For Obion County Central Rebels not to have won a game in the last 2 years, you have to be the biggest trash talker on Coach T. Nobody on here believes a word you're posting. OC goes and schedules Fulton County School for the Blind /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> and week 2 plays Byhalia Mississippi Mighty Midgets. (Buy a win.com) Hope ya'll get a win this season. Too bad you have to go out of state to get it....

Mr. Mustang - you are already in mid season form. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> OC will have a tough time come fall and we all know it. Look forward to playing you guys - I think it's at your house this year. You never know what can happen at Paul Ward. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />