Christian Brothers

ManU90

just played them today in what might be my last competitive game of soccer ever. we (BGA) were down 2-0 at half and it ended 5-0. what i can say is they are the most complete high school team from top to bottom that i have seen in my five years of playing high school. from their keeper to their incredible forwards to their substitutes they have what it takes to win state. easily the best team we have played all year(that includes Ryan, JPII, MBA, McCallie). id be suprised if they didnt win it this year.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i can say is they are the most complete high school team from top to bottom that i have seen in my five years of playing high school. from their keeper to their incredible forwards to their substitutes they have what it takes to win state. easily the best team we have played all year(that includes Ryan, JPII, MBA, McCallie). id be suprised if they didnt win it this year.

I totally agree with you. We lost to them by the same score earlier in the season. But I think it made us a better team. It was a pleasure playing against such a great team. I am surprised that they lost a game! I was sure they would go undefeated. But I'm sure Coach Lima has them ready to go now and I would be very surprised if they didn't win it this year.

Good job. There is no shame in losing to a great team like CBHS. And good luck to CBHS in the tournament.

I agree that CBHS is the top team but BGA caught us ( Father Ryan ) on a bad night with injuries. Lets not forget that Father Ryan beat BGA 4-0 earlier this season. Similar score? Should be a good match just like the State Final last year.

i mean no disrespect to Ryan when i say this, but CBHS is considerably better. Im not saying Ryan is a bad team by any means, Brothers just happens to be the hands down best team in my opinion. They build the ball up from the back to their forwards and possess better than any high school team ive seen. Ryan and JP2 are both quality sides that will challenge Brothers, but I'm not blowing smoke when I say they are an incredible side.

Ryan's biggest problem is overcoming adversity. the second something bad happens (giving up a goal) they begin to bicker with each other, the chemistry on that team is terrible. they will never win state if they dont correct that HUGE problem.

addressing where you said Ryan beat bga 4-0, we were still in a newly implemented 4-3-3 formation which to led to miscommunication in defense (we later changed back to a 4-4-2, had better results obviously). we had also just come off a 5-1 drubbing to JP2 so spirits were low. CBHS beat us when we were playing our best.

You also beat Ryan when the were missing one of there returning starters from last year at center mid. No doubt CBHS is the best team, and no disrespect to CBHS but they havent been the best at preforming in the state finals the past four years. They also struggle with facing adversity in my opinion and i look foward to seeing if they meet FRHS in the finals this year.Maybe this is the year they pull it out and i would like to see some of those kids finally get one.But i think the level of ability between JP2 and CBHS and FRHS is similar

You also beat Ryan when the were missing one of there returning starters from last year at center mid. No doubt CBHS is the best team, and no disrespect to CBHS but they havent been the best at preforming in the state finals the past four years. They also struggle with facing adversity in my opinion and i look foward to seeing if they meet FRHS in the finals this year.Maybe this is the year they pull it out and i would like to see some of those kids finally get one.But i think the level of ability between JP2 and CBHS and FRHS is similar

the returning starter at center mid that was injured didnt make the difference from a 4-0 to a 2-1 loss. could it have been a factor, yes. a great team wouldnt miss a beat when a starter goes down. the rest of the team should elevate their game.

once again, this is not meant to bash Ryan at all. i just think you have to give bga more credit for their win, rather than blaming the loss purely on an injury or other small reasons. but thats beside the point. all i was trying to express was my belief that Brothers is the best team. it should be an interesting tournament, and ill be there watching. good luck to all.

I can't remember for sure but how many finals in a row has CBHS been to....isn't it 3 or 4? They are a powerhouse for sure. Two years ago losing to Baylor for the championship and last year losing to Father Ryan. I don't think I am going out on a limb at all and saying that this will finally be the year that Christian Brothers wins state.