McMinn HS

lotg

I??™m keeping this vague as not to spread any untruth or slanderous fabrication. I heard a painful rumor concerning McMinn County High School. Can anyone substantiate recent rumors? If you have heard it you will know exactly what I??™m talking about. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

A story from the Daily Post-Athenian:

McDonald fills in as Tribe soccer coach

Friday, May 22, 2009

jack slayton Sports Editor

McMinn County head soccer Coach Bobby Earls did not accompany the boys' team to their substate game at Columbia Central on Saturday.

According to McMinn County Director of Schools David Pierce, Earls is still the head coach, but assistant Coach David McDonald, in coordination with Athletic Director Jimmy Haynie, will be conducting the day-to-day operations of the soccer program for the time being.

"We really have no further comment on the matter at this time," said Pierce.

Pierce stated the school system would not address the situation publicly until, as he termed it, "this personnel situation" is resolved.

Earls, a Tennessee Wesleyan College graduate and former Bulldogs soccer player, has been the only soccer coach at McMinn for both the boys' and girls' programs since their inception in the mid-1990s.