Sequatchie Co. looking for a coach!

Sequatchie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

That's all!

It speaks for its self! I could also add these! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I know, that's why I said "that's all". Need I say more about Baseball always taking the back seat in Sequatchie County. What's funny Seq. is they told us they were taking this serious and would find a proven coach that would be here for the long hall. All I can say is bull crap. If that were the case, they would have done that 5 years ago when Basham was hired, and yet again that was another friend of a friend, and we know how that turned out. Good luck explaining the teaching position, he will fill.

I know, that's why I said "that's all". Need I say more about Baseball always taking the back seat in Sequatchie County. What's funny Seq. is they told us they were taking this serious and would find a proven coach that would be here for the long hall. All I can say is bull crap. If that were the case, they would have done that 5 years ago when Basham was hired, and yet again that was another friend of a friend, and we know how that turned out. Good luck explaining the teaching position, he will fill.

This also hurts the football team a little that's why I liked who I thought they were getting not only did he seem to be a proven baseball coach but I understood he was also a Off. or Def. Coordinator on the Football team at his previous school and had heard that he would probably also be helping in some way with the team down here do to the numbers out over 80 on roster the last I heard.

I think having a baseball/football coach be an asst. in some capacity in the other sport helps attract more players and better athletes to each sport. Just look this year with Coach Mullins on the baseball team I certainly don't think it hurt any.

It seems as if everyone isnt happy about the hiring. Does the new Coach coming in not have a good background?

That's the the thing that everyone is upset about it's not anything against him its just that other than being a former player and the son of the AD to my knowledge he has no background that I know of as he hasn't coached anywhere else before to my knowledge and a school of this size, the traditional success of the program, a middle school team coming off a conference championship and the rebuilding success that the coach had this season it needs to continue this program doesn't need a start up coach that hasn't proved anything yet.

Don't they remember the same mistake with the football program three years ago.

That's the the thing that everyone is upset about it's not anything against him its just that other than being a former player and the son of the AD to my knowledge he has no background that I know of as he hasn't coached anywhere else before to my knowledge and a school of this size, the traditional success of the program, a middle school team coming off a conference championship and the rebuilding success that the coach had this season it needs to continue this program doesn't need a start up coach that hasn't proved anything yet.

Don't they remember the same mistake with the football program three years ago.

Forget football, don't they remember when they hired Basham and Clairaday. The truth of the matter is, for the last 5 years the middle school has had 2 very good coaches, Coach Adams and Coach Mason. And out of the 5 years they have won 4 District Championships and placed second the other. While the High school has had 5 coaches in 6 years and up until this year has only made it to the district tournament once, that being this year. Sounds to me like they are afraid Baseball will out shine Football or don't give a flip about baseball. That's soley my opinion!!

The hiring of the other guy was not a smoke screen. Coach Simmons has played at the next level and has coached many summer league teams, which he is doing right now. He is young but for you guys to bash is ridiculous. The criticism towards football is ridiculous as well. How many baseball guys also play football? i want to see those guys win every baseball game. Adams was offered the job, turned it down. I will not get into why mason shouldnt be at the high school. The guy from Ider was hired but you know his mistake that I will not discuss on the board. Support him and see what he can do BEFORE you dismantle him on a message board. There is a fine line people cross sometimes in the name of "helping". Lets not cross that line. I say good Luck Aaron and if he needs anything he can give me a call.