Where does all of the league money go ?

Another post regarding elections got me thinking....Is there an accounting of financials for the State available ? I ask this because as a participating team in the u-14 girls league this season, we paid $750 per team to play in the league...we luckily qualified for State, so I can see that we at least will get some value for our $750, since we do not pay anything additionally....HOWEVER, my team (I manage it) and all of the others in the league had to pay all ref fees for all of the league games (three each), and therefore, teams that did not qualify saw absolutely NOTHING in regards to their $750....totally gone....

Am I the only one that has an issue with technically gambling $750 away for the chance to play in the State Cup, in the u-14 league, there were at least 8 teams (8x $750=$6000), only 4 advanced, so $3000 is 'unused', and realistically, is the $3000 from the 4 teams that advance really needed for a two day tournament ? Ref fees/field usage fees cannot possibly even come close to this amount....Now of course, I realize we have overhead with the staff of Tn Soccer, but isn't there additional revenue generated from other sources ? Ie. Association fees, etc. ?

I would just like to see some accountability...any thoughts ? Show me (where) the money (goes) !!!

David

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I would be interested to see that as well. I feel our State Organization is poorly run and needs a complete overhaul in regards to President and Executive Director.

Contact Todd Lockhart...

I have attached the minutes posted from their last meeting. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Apparently they had the financials there.

http://tnsoccer.org/Assets/documents/BOD+M...9.docx?method=1

Todd Lockhart

Secretary / Treasurer

1113 Navaho Dr

Brentwood TN, 37027

615-289-6630

SecTreas@tnsoccer.org

David - while I can not tell you where all the money goes, I will mention that the winner of each age in D1 goes to the regionals and there is not another entry fee for that, and TSSA sends several staff members to the regionals and you can be looking at 6 - 7 nights in a hotel for each staff member. I am sure some of the entry fee money for DI league is used to pay for these expenses.

David - while I can not tell you where all the money goes, I will mention that the winner of each age in D1 goes to the regionals and there is not another entry fee for that, and TSSA sends several staff members to the regionals and you can be looking at 6 - 7 nights in a hotel for each staff member. I am sure some of the entry fee money for DI league is used to pay for these expenses.

Does it really sound fair for the teams that do not participate (ie. qualify for state) to not see a single thing for ANY of the money they put in ? (Remember, this is coming from someone that has a team going to State, So we are seeing some value for it)....A $750 gamble in my opinion....seems a questionable way to run the program....

David

Contact Todd Lockhart...

I have attached the minutes posted from their last meeting. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Apparently they had the financials there.

http://tnsoccer.org/Assets/documents/BOD+M...9.docx?method=1

Todd Lockhart

Secretary / Treasurer

1113 Navaho Dr

Brentwood TN, 37027

615-289-6630

SecTreas@tnsoccer.org

MVM- That link did not work...

MVM- That link did not work...

It worked yesterday ....But your right it's not up today /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . Interesting, BUT than again tnsoccer web site has never been a juggernault of a web site. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

It worked yesterday ....But your right it's not up today /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . Interesting, BUT than again tnsoccer web site has never been a juggernault of a web site. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I emailed Todd, and he has passed it to Dale to contact me....

David

I emailed Todd, and he has passed it to Dale to contact me....

David

Wow...You are serious about this. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> You must suspect something. hmmmm. I'll hunt you down this weekend. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Sorry, but if I knew you were that serious than I would have suggested talking with Cleveland Grimes. Also, your association gets to send Representatives to the AGM meeting every year. Perhaps PSA would send you. And if you go take a lot of coffee the committee meetings can get quite s-l-o-w.

I need to correct some numbers in my original post...the u-14 started with 10 teams I believe, so there was actually $7500 generated from the u-14 girls group alone.... and then only 4 teams advanced ($4500 from teams that saw no usage at all, plus the ref fees that resulted)

David

Wow...You are serious about this. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> You must suspect something. hmmmm. I'll hunt you down this weekend. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Sorry, but if I knew you were that serious than I would have suggested talking with Cleveland Grimes. Also, your association gets to send Representatives to the AGM meeting every year. Perhaps PSA would send you. And if you go take a lot of coffee the committee meetings can get quite s-l-o-w.

No, Don't suspect anything, but that sure is a heck of a lot of money generated from Division I teams...and you know me, I don't mind starting a little trouble when I can.....

David

No, Don't suspect anything, but that sure is a heck of a lot of money generated from Division I teams...and you know me, I don't mind starting a little trouble when I can.....

David

Maybe with the link being deleted, we should all become suspicious????? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />