Summer Camps. Where's your team?

yuckamuck

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA went 7-1 at McNairy. Lost to Tupelo. Won over Middleton, Adamsville, USJ, Scotts Hill, McNairy, Ripley MS. Goes to Cleveland tomorrow. Scheduled to play Polk County, Cleveland, Bradley Central, Walker Valley, Northwest, and Rhea County. With LA's youth, this will be tough.

I have a question about when teams go to so many of these camps. I saw where one team above had like 4 or 5 camps listed, but it is my understanding that you only get 15 days of practice during the summer with only 10 of those being game competition. So I'm wondering how you go so many different places? Are these teams only going to one day of these camps or only practicing 5 days and then playing the rest of the days? I'm curious as to how different teams are arranging their schedules to practice, go to camp, and this many camps in this short time?

Livingston Academy is going to four camps for a total of 10 days. I guess they use 5 days for practice? I don't know. I do know how they did at Cleveland the last two days... They won all their games, beating Northwest GA by about 10, Polk County by about 40 subbing about every two minutes, Red Bank by 10, Walker Valley by 12, Bradley Central by 10, and Rhea County by about 20. I know that winning isn't everything at camp, but this team has really improved this week and has a lot of potential. They are very young, playing about 9 or 10 deep. A lot of kids are playing who've never really played before. If they continue to improve and gain experience, this group will be hard to handle again. Great job LA. Keep working hard.

Also, great job to LA's JV team. They also won all games, defeating Cleveland, Northwest GA, Bradley Central, Knox West, and Rhea County.

Oliver Springs went 5-1 at Cleveland. On day 1, they beat Temple by 41, beat Sweetwater by 22, beat Polk Co by 20. Day 2 they lost to Troousdale Co by 2 in OT (worst shooting game), beat Clay Co by 7, beat Chatt Christian by 10.

They go next to the Karns camp and Knox Webb. They will end the summer at Tenn Tech.

Could someone tell me when and where is LA's next camp? Thanks in advance. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LA is playing at Stone Memorial today and tomorrow. Today they beat Clarkrange by about 20, Stone Memorial by bout 15, and White County by about 25. LA's JV defeated Stone Memorial and Rhea County. Once again, LA is playing lots of people in different combinations.