RONALD TAYLOR--MAPLEWOOD (4)

COREY BREWER--PORTLAND(7)

JAMONT GORDON--GLENCLIFF (9)

WADELL WILLIAMS--COLUMBIA (5)

TYLER SMITH--GILES CO.(1)

BRANDON HERRIFORD--HUME FOGG (8)

ANTJUAN KOGER--LAVERGNE (3

THESE PLAYERS DOMINATED THE NEWS IN METRO WITH THE UPSIDE SO

YHAT IS WHY I PUT THEM IN THE NUMBERS GAME. BUT THATS JUST MY OPPONION. THERE WILL BE OTHERS THAT MAKE AN IMPACT AND THATS GOOD FOR THE MID-STATE.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHANE DANSBY--HARPETH (2)

HENRY HARRIS--STRADFORD (6)

RONALD TAYLOR--MAPLEWOOD (4)

COREY BREWER--PORTLAND(7)

JAMONT GORDON--GLENCLIFF (9)

WADELL WILLIAMS--COLUMBIA (5)

TYLER SMITH--GILES CO.(1)

BRANDON HERRIFORD--HUME FOGG (8)

ANTJUAN KOGER--LAVERGNE (3

THESE PLAYERS DOMINATED THE NEWS IN METRO WITH THE UPSIDE SO

YHAT IS WHY I PUT THEM IN THE NUMBERS GAME. BUT THATS JUST MY OPPONION. THERE WILL BE OTHERS THAT MAKE AN IMPACT AND THATS GOOD FOR THE MID-STATE.

LaBrian Lyons of Riverdale is as good as any player in the Midstate this year....

As for Brett Warner vs John Ferguson....

-Warner is the better college prospect. He is a couple inches taller and has more upside. Ferguson is more physical and has some very good moves: he will probably end up at a good D-III or D-II school (a la Adam Brock)...

As for Wadele Williams vs Ronald Taylor....

-I would have to give the edge to Wadele. Both G's are very strong, athletic, and EXCEL at the defensive end. Both mean everything to their HS teams, and both have had great team success throughout their careers. Wadele has a better outside shot, is more under control, and is more of a true PG, but Taylor is a year younger, and a little bit taller. Good matchup, but I would give the edge to Wadele Williams...

[Edited by gomab2 on 9-19-02 1:11P]

My pre-season All-Middle Tn teams....

1st Team

-Antjuan Koger, LaVergne

-Kenyonna Swader, Smyrna

-Wadele Williams, Columbia

-Tyler Smith, Giles Co

-Shane Dansby, Harpeth

2nd Team

-Mike Sampson, Kenwood

-Brandon Harriford, Hume Fogg

-LaBrian Lyons, Riverdale

-Henry Harris, Stratford

-Shay Shannon, Giles Co

3rd Team

-Antwan Harris, Kenwood

-David Price, Blackman

-Ronald Taylor, Maplewood

-Barry Gardner, Maplewood

-Jamont Gordon, Glencliff

4th Team

-Joe Thompson, Father Ryan

-John Ferguson, Portland

-Brett Warner, Smyrna

-Corey Brewer, Portland

-Yance Baker, Shelbyville

5th Team

-Chris Russell, Hillsboro

-Nolan Richardson, Antioch

-Brent Carney, Father Ryan

-Joe Barker, Oakland

-Brandon Wright, Brentwood Academy

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

[Edited by gomab2 on 9-20-02 6:23P]

Guest springer33lchscat

Tyler Smith is one of the most hardest working and talented sopohmore in middle tn.He is 6'6' and can flat out play.He can nail the three's in anyones eyes,and has a outstanding verticle leap.Last year as a FRESHMAN started for Giles Co. and scored 30 or more points in 4four straight games.If there is anything he needs to work on thats to get those assist rates up per game.Besides that in my mind he is the best sopohmore in middle tn!What do other people think about him?

Thats obvious he is the best sophmore and probably a top 5 or 10 best player in the whole state of TN. This kid can FLAT OUT PLAY THE GAME of basketball..I love to see him play. Yea, I agree IF he has a weakness it would have to be assist per game but look at it this way..he still has three years to get those averages up..I wish I could watchim play every game because he is just so talented.

WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN BUT I WILL NOT GO THERE WITH YOU ANY MORE. I WAS TOLD BY A HIGHER POWER THAT ALL THAT YOU SAY IS NOT REALLY WRONG ITS JUST YOUR OPPONION AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. WITH ALL THAT YOU DO I SAY KEEP UP THE GOOD VIEWS BECAUSE YOUR ARE REALLY HELPING MY SON OUT AND THANKS. BUT BY THE WAY WADELL WILLIAMS VS RONALD BUBBA TAYLOR DID HAPPEN AND YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.YOUR OPPONION WAS YOUR OWN BUT BUBBA COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN WADELL AND WENT ON TO SCORE 16 POINTS 8 ASSITS AND TAKE HIS TEAM ON TO WIN WITH WADELL ONLY GETTING 4 POINTS ON 2 FOR 12 SHOOTING AND A VERY FRUSTRATING GAME. BUBBA PLAYED HIM THE WHOLE GAME AND IT WAS NICE. MOST OF YOUR HIGH PICKS HE HAS PLAYED HE HAS DOMINATED THEM FROM SHAY TO HENRY HARRIS, TOCOREY BREWER TO ETC, BUT THANK YOU ANYWAY. THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO SHARE MY SAME VIEWS ON PLAYERS WITH BUBBA BEING ONE BUT HE IS NO SUPERMAN BUT OUT OF MOST OF THE PLAYERS FROM AROUND THE MIDSTATE IF HE WAS NOT MY SON HE WOULD BE ONE OF THE GREATS AND MANY PEOPLE LOVE TO SEE HIM PLAY AND BASKETBALL WAS NOT EVEN HIS CHOSEN SPORT. WE ARE ENJOYING FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW FOR AS MUCH AS WE CAN AND WE WILL SEE YOU IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS, BYE.

Thanks for the post, RT.....

I would have loved to see that matchup. You should read my post on the Top 25 Juniors thread, discussing your son and others. I firmly believe that after the Top 8, #'s 9-30 are very interchangeable. There is very little difference between Bubba at #23 and Henry at #11. The Point Guards (between Rankings #9-30) go as:

11-Henry Harris

14-Justin Hare

21-Reilly Ervin

22-Jarrett Jones

23-Ronald Taylor

25-Tim Cooper

These are some very, very good Guards on this list. For PG's (or combo-Guards) there is really very little difference between Harris, Hare, Ervin, Jones, Taylor, or Cooper, yet that spans #'s 11-25. That is what makes the rankings so tough. Supporters of each of these kids would have a legit argument for their individual to be the best of the group. Cooper is the lowest ranked of the group, but may have the best outside shot, plays great defense, is strong, and is very quick. Plus, some players have so much more attention than others. Harris, Hare, and Taylor all played for the Travelers, so their names are more common as the best, but Jarrett Jones, for example, is as good as all three, but few have seen him play because he plays for Chester Co. Reilly Ervin is right there as well, with a SMOOTH outside shot, great leadership, and great quickness (though small at 5'11), but is often overlooked as he played for Idlewild rather than the Y in AAU, and plays on a LOADED White Station team in High School. So, the rankings are very, very tough.....and the Class of 2004 is absolutely LOADED!!!