RB from Mt. Juliet

PowerSweep

My son participated in the skills camp at UT and while I was over there a player was injured. I'm pretty sure it was a young man from Mt. Juliet. I sure hope he is okay... it didn't look good as he was carried off without being able to put any weight on one of his legs.

Does anyone know how he's doing? That would be a huge blow for a kid to get injured at a camp before their senior season.

• 2 weeks later...

a buddy of mine sent his kid to the senior camp and he said lots of kids were hurt. near full contact without pads and without thinking about what is best for the boys and their high school teams. one head coach told his boys not to go because he did not like the way LK has ran camps in Calf in the past. I sure don't like the way things are headed at UTK

a buddy of mine sent his kid to the senior camp and he said lots of kids were hurt. near full contact without pads and without thinking about what is best for the boys and their high school teams. one head coach told his boys not to go because he did not like the way LK has ran camps in Calf in the past. I sure don't like the way things are headed at UTK

Maybe that coach needs to think about what is best for his players and their long term chances by getting a look to play college ball instead of his win/loss record.

It's amazing how perspective plays a role into it isn't it?

Personally, I'm excitied about the enthuasiasm on The Hill. It's been missing for about 10 years. I guess you like losing seasons then if you liked where things were headed.