who will win AA state tourney

LRivers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles Co. may be there, but will they have enough to win it?

Knox Fulton is going to be loaded again next year. However, I'm not quite sure if they will be able to win it for a 3rd consecutive year. Let me explain why....

There is this school over here in West TN by the name of Liberty Tech. They have been in AAA the past 4 years and will be dropping back down to AA next year. Most people statewide remember the Liberty team of 2006 who won the state championship and finished in the top 20 in the country. Liberty is absolutely loaded with very good players and the only thing prohibiting them from making it to state last year was a 3 point loss to the eventual AAA state champion in White Station. With that being said, and Liberty returning their 2 studs in Tarius Johnson and Kendal Anthony, I expect it to be a Liberty V. Fulton matchup for the gold if the bracket is set right.

Knox Fulton is going to be loaded again next year. However, I'm not quite sure if they will be able to win it for a 3rd consecutive year. Let me explain why....

There is this school over here in West TN by the name of Liberty Tech. They have been in AAA the past 4 years and will be dropping back down to AA next year. Most people statewide remember the Liberty team of 2006 who won the state championship and finished in the top 20 in the country. Liberty is absolutely loaded with very good players and the only thing prohibiting them from making it to state last year was a 3 point loss to the eventual AAA state champion in White Station. With that being said, and Liberty returning their 2 studs in Tarius Johnson and Kendal Anthony, I expect it to be a Liberty V. Fulton matchup for the gold if the bracket is set right.

The "luck of the Lottery" draw has been kind to Liberty /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The "luck of the Lottery" draw has been kind to Liberty /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ya, but it's where TSSAA has put them. They have no choice except to play in AA which is where I'm sure Coach Williams and Liberty would much rather play. Instead of having to go through Raleigh Egypt, White Station, Ridgeway and Melrose, they'll be going through Mitchell, BTW, and now Manassas in order to play in the state tournaments which is easier than the brutal AAA substate games they played. I think they graduated 1 key player off of last years team in Ricky Williams. Kendal Anthony and Tarius Johnson are both good enough to lead that team to a AA state championship.

Bolivar could be back as well. Ricky Tisdale and Jay Murphy return for their Senior season. I think some exciting Bolivar/Liberty matchups will come up next year.

I think that your right on this one. Liberty pressing style of defense is goin to give alot of teams trouble this year in aa. Tarius is a very good player. He attacks the boards very well for 6'4. And Bolivar will have to rebuild alittle. Ricky and Jay will carry this team but the post play lost a lot from last year. I thought Bolivar was the best team in aa last year but slipped in the semi.

Oh ok, I did not know that, but thanks. Well, the key teams that Liberty would have to go through in AA in Memphis now would be Manassas (now that they've moved to AA) and BTW, for the most part. However, there is always a team out of Memphis that is capable of beating anybody in their respective classification in the state. I just feel that Liberty is going to be very tough to beat in AA as they have played well in AAA against better teams. One person that I have failed to mention that Liberty has and not many other teams have is a coach like Coach Dexter Williams.

Who are the top teams out of Middle and East TN?

• 2 weeks later...

In East-TN my pick would be Fulton. How could you not go with the team that has proven to be able to get there and get the job done. Yes I do know that Liberty was gone but Fulton has gotten it done against some tough competition on the biggest stage (ie Bolivar)

In Middle-TN my pick would be Harpeth. The Indians return a good core of players from a team that just missed going to the state tournament this past year. Perry Horkins and Dontario Dansby should lead a team that is more than capable of winning the district and regionals now in the new setup.

In the end though I still think that Liberty Tech is going to walk away with a 3rd title in 5 years /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• 5 weeks later...

my pick is the milan bulldogs. they have a solid group of juniors and seniors and they also have a few pretty good sophomores that could start if needed. they will suprise a lot of ppl this year. :hungry: and also be on the lookout for spring hill in middle tennessee to make a push towards the state tourney. they have lost a lot of seniors(7) but they have a strong group of sophomores that you could be hearing about in the future- kelain blanks, kiont jones, dathan prewitt, and montrae williams are all sophomores and will be starting this upcoming season. dont sleep on them.