How will Pickett County girls do this season?

Let me say first, I am not trying to start anything but I've just got one question. How does a team with 3 All State players come in 4th in the district? Something is wrong with that picture.

You must not know about 7A and how any of the top 4 would dominate in any other district in the state. Most teams from other districts woundn't win a single game in 7A. Pickett Co. come in 4th, beat JC, beat A&S in Chattanooga nd went to the state. What is wrong in this picture is you not knowing 7A basketball i guess.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get your panties in a wad. I know all about 7A, have you ever heard of 14A? Those two districts are the best two districts in the state year in and year out. 14A has just as much history as 7A, just as many Gold Balls, Silver Balls, Miss Basketballs and so on.

Look it up and make sure that I know what I'm talking about and then lets talk.

PS Pickett County may have 3 All District players or maybe All Region players but not 3 All State players. Never in history has that ever happened surely to a 4th place in the district team.

Dont get your panties in a wad. I know all about 7A, have you ever heard of 14A? Those two districts are the best two districts in the state year in and year out. 14A has just as much history as 7A, juist as many Gold Balls, Silver Bals, Miss Basketballs and so on.

PS Pickett County may have 3 All District players or maybe All Region players but not 3 All State players. Never in history has that ever happened surely to a 4th place in the district team.

You may think you know about 7A bball. UpperCumberland is where they play. Out of district competition is as good as it gets. It must be in the water. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You must not know about 7A and how any of the top 4 would dominate in any other district in the state. Most teams from other districts woundn't win a single game in 7A. Pickett Co. come in 4th, beat JC, beat A&S in Chattanooga nd went to the state. What is wrong in this picture is you not knowing 7A basketball i guess.

And Pickett Co lost to a team in the state that only beat the next to last place team in a 10 team distict in 14A,that being South Fulton by 2 points..That same Madison team beat Pickett Co.also lost to Union City,the District 14A 5th place team by 23 points,,I could see losing to Union City but not by 23 points..

Dont get your panties in a wad. I know all about 7A, have you ever heard of 14A? Those two districts are the best two districts in the state year in and year out. 14A has just as much history as 7A, juist as many Gold Balls, Silver Bals, Miss Basketballs and so on.

Like you said..not going to be able to talk to most of the 7a posters..Maybe some of our teams will meet up in a Thanksgiving or Christmas tournament !

I agree...A team with 3 All State players should have been in the Boro..Not 4th in their own district..As far as another post that said most districts wouldn't win a game in Single A made me laugh..True..Clarkrange was loaded..but I'd put Gleason,Bradford against any of their teams as far as history and Miss Basketballs..And as far as winning..I'd like Gleason,Bradford,Humboldt,Lake Co.,and Greenfield against any of those teams..And Union City with Ward playing ..And even Dresden had a very good team..!

I agree...A team with 3 All State players should have been in the Boro..Not 4th in their own district..As far as another post that said most districts wouldn't win a game in Single A made me laugh..True..Clarkrange was loaded..but I'd put Gleason,Bradford against any of their teams as far as history and Miss Basketballs..And as far as winning..I'd like Gleason,Bradford,Humboldt,Lake Co.,and Greenfield against any of those teams..And Union City with Ward playing ..And even Dresden had a very good team..!

You guys get get your chance every year in the state tournament and most of the time your teams fail. Now you're bringing up all kinds of teams that might or could beat us but do they? NO! Did you win the last one? No did you win the one before that ? NO now way back in 1856 you won 3 state titles etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah...... news flash this is 2009 and last time i looked 7A was winning and 14A was losing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You guys get get your chance every year in the state tournament and most of the time your teams fail. Now you're bringing up all kinds of teams that might or could beat us but do they? NO! Did you win the last one? No did you win the one before that ? NO now way back in 1856 you won 3 state titles etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah...... news flash this is 2009 and last time i looked 7A was winning and 14A was losing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I've heard all about you, you Mr. Pessimistic ole toot. You know all about 14A.

Lake Co was mostly freshmen and sophomores last year..I'm sure you'll see them back the next few years..If not this year,pretty sure the next two seasons..Teams here don't have the privilege

of just having another school combine with their schools to form an all star team..We play with what we have..Clarkrange is always getting a star player or two transfer from somewhere else..If for some reason Fussell from Obion Central decided to move to Lake Co ,I'd like our chances at the gold ball against Clarkrange,Jackson Co or whoever..But we play with what we have..Going to be deserved and earned if they do win it..Not because of a star moving in just to play ball..Lake Co had a couple freshmen,Carnation Hart and T.T. Floweres last year that's as good as any team will have..Plus 1 or 2 more coming up..One is Shamon Pearson,an incoming freshman that looks to be averaging over 15 points a game in AAU ball..All from Lake Co..Not another school..So..no matter who moves where the next several years..I believe Lake co will have as talented a team as any team in Single A..And you say ,all the teams had a chance..Bradford has won several,Gleason has won several..Had Clarkrange not been there..Region 7 wouldn't have won..Like we said all year..You had Clarkrange and then everybody else..Yall keep talking about how tough Region 7 is and that Pickett Co would finish is 1st in any other district but yet thay got beat by a team that was beat by 23 points from our 5th place team,,!

You are right...they should have been in the boro...AND THEY WERE. Check your facts.