Non South Rebel hog-wash

muttandjeff

From what I understand the Rebels didn't get invited...and why would the little indians want to get to get the crap kicked out of them...lord that wouldn't look good on the little indians. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Powell Valley came and had the same school colors. I dont think we could stomach much more of those "fairy blue"

colors. I think they had a tractor pull that weekend, i'm sure that takes priority over football at South. Hog calling,tractor pulls and cousin dating, huh what a life. Roll Tribe Roll....................

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell Valley came and had the same school colors. I dont think we could stomach much more of those "fairy blue"

colors. I think they had a tractor pull that weekend, i'm sure that takes priority over football at South. Hog calling,tractor pulls and cousin dating, huh what a life. Roll Tribe Roll....................

I know that one of the South players has a sister that is also his mother. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I know that one of the South players has a sister that is also his mother. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

What I just can't figure is how all them inbred rednecks post higher test scores than D-B, in every category, every year. (See TN Dept. of Ed. Report Card)

Boggles the brain, don't it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What I just can't figure is how all them inbred rednecks post higher test scores than D-B, in every category, every year. (See TN Dept. of Ed. Report Card)

Boggles the brain, don't it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just curious, how many times has South made the Newsweek magazine list of Top High Schools in America?

KINGSPORT - Dobyns-Bennett High School has been named by Newsweek magazine as one of the top high schools in the country for the sixth time.

The report, issued this week, lists more than 1,400 schools that made the grade based on data collected by the magazine. To determine the top high schools, Newsweek takes the total number of Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or Cambridge tests given at a school in May, and divides that figure by the number of seniors graduating in May or June. All public schools listed achieved a ratio of at least 1.000, meaning they had given as many tests in 2008 as they had graduates. Those schools with a 1.000 ratio are listed on the Newsweek website, and the 100 schools with the highest ratios are named in the magazine. The rankings, according to the magazine, identify the top 5% of high schools in the country.

Just curious, how many times has South made the Newsweek magazine list of Top High Schools in America?

KINGSPORT - Dobyns-Bennett High School has been named by Newsweek magazine as one of the top high schools in the country for the sixth time.

The report, issued this week, lists more than 1,400 schools that made the grade based on data collected by the magazine. To determine the top high schools, Newsweek takes the total number of Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate or Cambridge tests given at a school in May, and divides that figure by the number of seniors graduating in May or June. All public schools listed achieved a ratio of at least 1.000, meaning they had given as many tests in 2008 as they had graduates. Those schools with a 1.000 ratio are listed on the Newsweek website, and the 100 schools with the highest ratios are named in the magazine. The rankings, according to the magazine, identify the top 5% of high schools in the country.

Typical....Flawed....Ranked based on percentage taking the tests? What the .........? Read the comments on Newsweek and you'll get a feel for what people think of this ranking system.

Flawed Newsweek Rankings

Typical....Flawed....Ranked based on percentage taking the tests? What the .........? Read the comments on Newsweek and you'll get a feel for what people think of this ranking system.

Flawed Newsweek Rankings

Typical response, when you can't win an argument you attack the source. The only people critical of the list are from the schools that didn't make it. Grow up.

Typical response, when you can't win an argument you attack the source. The only people critical of the list are from the schools that didn't make it. Grow up.

I attacked Newsweek, not you. Take a deep breath. Relax. Think about those new shoes you've been wanting.

One needs only read the article and make their own determination.

After careful consideration, I believe I will go by test scores and not how many took the test. (

Southers own 90% of the businesses in the Heights and 50% of the businesses in Kingsport. So we can read what pleases us because it really doesn't matter.

what do you all own ,the car wash and ice shack in the heights ,the pub and the wagon wheel in kingsport KIngsport school syst. 1354 south no where to be found.

I attacked Newsweek, not you. Take a deep breath. Relax. Think about those new shoes you've been wanting.

One needs only read the article and make their own determination.

After careful consideration, I believe I will go by test scores and not how many took the test. (

I will explain to you about the test scores too if you can keep up. The KPT school system includes hundreds of inner city kids that live below the poverty line (i.e. Riverview and Highland). These kids historically don't score high on achievement tests. South has very few of these kids. But even with these kids scores averaged in, we still have enough students who excel at academics to put us among the elite schools in the state. As far as the article I have already made up my mind. It's not like DB has Newsweek in their hip pocket. They don't know East TN folks from Adam. They have no reason to not be objective.