Non South Rebel hog-wash

muttandjeff

I think Kingsport and Colonial Heights both made a major blunder in the late 70's. Colonial Heights should have incorporated. And when they didn't Kingsport should have taken the whole freakin' Heights instead to wait 30 years and take a bit here and a bit there. It's that mentality that caused Johnson City to trump Kingsport in the expansion race. We are light years behind. There was not much to be gained from taking Bloomindale but Colonial Heights was valuable.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have more money than us. After all we in the city pay property tax to the county for some reason, but you in the county don't pay city property tax. See if you can get Miss Jessee to do the math on that. I think somebody might be skimming.

But you still never made a point that South is the better overall school. Because thats not possible to do.

Miss Jessee is the Spanish teacher extraordinare'. The word "overall" is pretty powerful. I can't give the overall to either school. They each have issues. The county is bankrupt and you know it. Hey, maybe somebody is skimming who knows. We would have to ask JHilts that one.

I am extremely proud of the education that I received from South High and the ability of the teachers to prepare me for college. Higher paid teachers do not make excellent educators. The music arts programs at DB are second to none. DB also offers many AP courses thus the rankings from Newsweek. Yes students take the exams, however it is up to the educators to prepare them for those exams. Exam results say the teachers at South are doing a fine job. As far as the "sports programs" I think South has done an excellent job at turning out athletes and state champions, individual as well as team sports, baseball and volleyball come to mind in their 29 year history. If I had it to do over again I would choose Sullivan South.

Yes Monica, you were knocking my spelling. But I do spell better than you even though you are using spell check. And if your education was so great, why do you have to use spell check? It kinda' makes you look.........well, lets just leave it at that, The two schools are not equal. Dobyns Bennett is the better all around school. You can't make the argument that South is equal or better. Thats just the way it is. Not because you went to South or I went to DB.

Hey, Jock Mouth, I'm knocking your spelling!!!!! Dwight, don't you know how to spell opportunity? It does not have an "E" in it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm glad you are spending alot of time on here and I know everyone in TN is appreciative that you have less time to spend being an idiot on their threads. I sent my kids to South, that was my choice and I've never regretted it. If I had chosen to send my kids to DB, I'm sure it would have worked out just fine. I'm kind of glad, though. My greatest fear would have been that some of your "learning" might have rubbed off on them. Here's something for you---Go eat a Rock!!!!

Yes Monica, you were knocking my spelling. But I do spell better than you even though you are using spell check. And if your education was so great, why do you have to use spell check? It kinda' makes you look.........well, lets just leave it at that, The two schools are not equal. Dobyns Bennett is the better all around school. You can't make the argument that South is equal or better. Thats just the way it is. Not because you went to South or I went to DB.

Never use spell check. But, I don't go bragging that my school is better than yours either. I assume we could do some sort of study on which school has produced more Ivy league grads or which school has produced the highest paid grads?? But, then we'd also have to do a study on which one has produced the most convicted felons too huh? It's a mute point. I still say they are equally good/bad. Until you prove otherwise, shut up. Because it's not an opinion like your top 10 poll. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Hey, Jock Mouth, I'm knocking your spelling!!!!! Dwight, don't you know how to spell opportunity? It does not have an "E" in it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm glad you are spending alot of time on here and I know everyone in TN is appreciative that you have less time to spend being an idiot on their threads. I sent my kids to South, that was my choice and I've never regretted it. If I had chosen to send my kids to DB, I'm sure it would have worked out just fine. I'm kind of glad, though. My greatest fear would have been that some of your "learning" might have rubbed off on them. Here's something for you---Go eat a Rock!!!!

Who's Dwight? and "Go eat a Rock? , how long did it take you to come up with that one.

The only thing you Souther's can do in this argument is get mad. Go do your on walk around and come back on here and tell me South is the better school with a straight face.

Never use spell check. But, I don't go bragging that my school is better than yours either. I assume we could do some sort of study on which school has produced more Ivy league grads or which school has produced the highest paid grads?? But, then we'd also have to do a study on which one has produced the most convicted felons too huh? It's a mute point. I still say they are equally good/bad. Until you prove otherwise, shut up. Because it's not an opinion like your top 10 poll. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Im not bragging. Its just a fact. And the top 10 poll has never been proven wrong.

Who's Dwight? and "Go eat a Rock? , how long did it take you to come up with that one.

The only thing you Souther's can do in this argument is get mad. Go do your on walk around and come back on here and tell me South is the better school with a straight face.

Im not bragging. Its just a fact. And the top 10 poll has never been proven wrong.

Prove that D-B is the better school. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> And nobody help him either! I want to see Jack do it all by himself. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If I had said South was better, I would have been able to prove it.

I am extremely proud of the education that I received from South High and the ability of the teachers to prepare me for college. Higher paid teachers do not make excellent educators. The music arts programs at DB are second to none. DB also offers many AP courses thus the rankings from Newsweek. Yes students take the exams, however it is up to the educators to prepare them for those exams. Exam results say the teachers at South are doing a fine job. As far as the "sports programs" I think South has done an excellent job at turning out athletes and state champions, individual as well as team sports, baseball and volleyball come to mind in their 29 year history. If I had it to do over again I would choose Sullivan South.

This argument is not about your choice. Its about which school is better. Dobyns Bennett is better and thats just a fact. South is better than North. Why don't you pick a fight with them. You could win that one. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

This argument is not about your choice. Its about which school is better. Dobyns Bennett is better and thats just a fact. South is better than North. Why don't you pick a fight with them. You could win that one. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Choice and preference is all this IS about. I would choose South because it fits my needs better. I am man enough to say that DB is a fine school however I am pretty sure with your posting record you can't and will not say anything good about South because, well, just because of who you are.

Prove that D-B is the better school. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> And nobody help him either! I want to see Jack do it all by himself. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If I had said South was better, I would have been able to prove it.

Thats easy.

44 - 0

Choice and preference is all this IS about. I would choose South because it fits my needs better. I am man enough to say that DB is a fine school however I am pretty sure with your posting record you can't and will not say anything good about South because, well, just because of who you are.

There's a nice trailer park in front of South. And some of their cheerleaders are pretty.