3 Tennessee Girls Ranked in top 100 in the Country

SwampRat1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Lakeshia Crouch, Lauren Avant, and Laquinta Jefferson according to Hoopurlz.com all 3 are in the top 100 juniors in the country in there new rankings.

Crouch #20 Hillsboro High

Avant #25 Lausanne

Jefferson #40 Lavergne High

Add Jasmine Robinson at #44 of Memphis Overton. Way to go Memphis: 2 players in the top 50. Nice showing for Tennessee overall.

that's all good and all for hoopgurlzsh.com, unfortunately none of those three would be in the top 3 players in district 13AA

I have seen them all and avant would be the closest to the big 3 in 13AA but just not at the level that those three can get to

I saw Advant at the GreenBank Ladies Classis last season and was not impressed. Dye (South Greene) played circles around her. I don't say that to be ugly, but I wonder sometimes how in the world do they pick some of these honors and maybe she was having a bad game but I saw several players at the classic that were outstanding (Taylor Hall, Sydney Goins both from Morristown West).

I saw Advant at the GreenBank Ladies Classis last season and was not impressed. Dye (South Greene) played circles around her. I don't say that to be ugly, but I wonder sometimes how in the world do they pick some of these honors and maybe she was having a bad game but I saw several players at the classic that were outstanding (Taylor Hall, Sydney Goins both from Morristown West).

Wasn't that the tournament where Avant had the flu and was really sick & couldnt play much?

Wasn't that the tournament where Avant had the flu and was really sick & couldnt play much?

She played the whole game except the last 3 mins and then after the game walked off the floor and did not shake the girls hands. Like I said I don't know maybe she was having a bad game sick or something. I have also seen her play in the summer and I see players just as good or better that don't get the hype that she does. Congrats to her she is a good player.

This topic started as a congratulations to the girls who had made the rankings. It's a shame that it had to turn into a session of downing the girls who made it. These girls have played against many of the top players in the country & held their own. Maybe other girls didn't play as well in some of the same circumstances or maybe they just haven't been seen. It's alright to give those girls props as well, but you don't have to down other players to do it.

By the way, congrats to Shelby Cambell of Blackman she's listed on Hoopgurlz as the 2nd ranked pt guard in the state behind Lauren Avant.