'09 South Rebels, Starting Lineup

muttandjeff

What these guys are doing is flat out work. Curt did it from January through the beginning of summer practice...many times all alone. It is work and it is sometimes demeaning. If you want to go to college this is the drill. You parents of underclassmen take note. You will travel every weekend and sometimes twice a week. This can be a lonely road or it can be a party. Depends on your performance and what they are looking for. In the end, you as parents will spend a bunch of money to get them in front of the right people and if they do get a ride you will be like...well at least I get reimbursed. Ha! but that's not what it is about and we all know that. Going to be a bunch of rides at SS this year.

Bobby has been at a camp every single weekend this summer if not two a week. It's exhausting, expensive, and requires 4 or more hours a day just to keep up with the paperwork & contact requests. We need to hire a secretary! Anyone seen WaCo in a skirt? He'd do if I could get him to shut his big mouth and just work. There's always a muzzle....

Two of Bobby's favs so far are Appy State & Western Carolina. My dream for Bobby is to play for FAMU but that's where Greg and I part ways. I love their band and would have a blast wearing a big feathery hat to every tailgate party & game. G does't want Bobby that far from home. Any input or sage wisdom, Comp? other parents going through this?

Love, Judo Jaw

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby has been at a camp every single weekend this summer if not two a week. It's exhausting, expensive, and requires 4 or more hours a day just to keep up with the paperwork & contact requests. We need to hire a secretary! Anyone seen WaCo in a skirt? He'd do if I could get him to shut his big mouth and just work. There's always a muzzle....

Two of Bobby's favs so far are Appy State & Western Carolina. My dream for Bobby is to play for FAMU but that's where Greg and I part ways. I love their band and would have a blast wearing a big feathery hat to every tailgate party & game. G does't want Bobby that far from home. Any input or sage wisdom, Comp? other parents going through this?

Love, Judo Jaw

I tell you this in all sincerity. Be prepared for what comes. If that means DII then so be it. If they aren't coming to practice to see him this fall then consider that the writing on the wall. The post season is crucial. I don't have to tell you what you have to do. But the winner of the 15th game gets special attention. Sometimes it comes down to that. It's all about the fit. Where and who has his stature presently? For example, Georgia has a 5'8" 165lb. RB. He understands the cutback. He never runs North/South. Push him to at least decide on a career blvd. Something to give you an area of interest. An outright job title would be wonderful. Two things took Taylor to Charleston. The amount of $ and they have a Nurse Anethesist school in addition to a full blown nursing school. So did West Texas A&M...in the middle of the desert. Granted, they were 7th in the nation last year in DII. So did Valdosta State. We passed up on the visit to West Texas. Idiots I guess. Ty is on Rivals. Is anyone else? Rivals finds you...you don't find Rivals. If by week 0 nothing changes then it's in his lap. Every play, every block, every carrie...even what he does on the sideline. Make him wright down his tools. Make him use all of them. Not just one. You know I was behind in the film game. You should be experts by now. Every week. Remember, 4.4 is the magic number. If you ain't got it then you are in the trenches. Somebody somewhere values agility...we never found it. Maybe you will. It's a numbers game and he is in the hot seat. I feel sure he is ready. Remember, it's all about the education.

Love, Judo Jaw

Im still in your head......Eaten' your brain /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Im still in your head......Eaten' your brain /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Ah,Waco Honey, you tell me the sweetest things! I adore you too, my boo boo bear baby.

Hey, you mom is yelling down to ask if she can use facebook for awhile, so be nice and share the computer. I think that new Amway salesman she's hooked up with in Kentucky just might be your new daddy! Free Amway, just think of it! Heaven is: you, your tuba, and your mom making us cookies before Sponge Bob comes on. Maybe we could have a double wedding?

Yours,

Judo Jaw

I tell you this in all sincerity. Be prepared for what comes. If that means DII then so be it. Remember, it's all about the education.

Comp, you gotta know we don't begin to dream that Bobby will go D1. We know the reality check out there. Greg and are are coming from a much more humble place called gratitude for the here and now. The facts are that Bobby could reasonably still be in his 8th foster home or more; he could be in juvie or jail; he has had every opportunity to be a druggie and quit ball, school, or our family and be living out his teen years in some state facility. So when you start at THAT place, then D2 looks like a God gift and D3-D27 would be complete Grace by God; just entertaining the idea that Bobby will go to College is a miracle. He'll be the only person from his biological family to finish 8th grade or higher. Nevermind that he's also a really good kid (after lots of hard knocks along the way). Bobby is committed to his faith, his family, his church, his education, and repairing generational dysfunction is his biological family while setting a good example for other kids clawing their way out of the system. THAT is our personal D1 on the Taylor Ranch. When we were all seated with the judge to adopt him, the judge asked if the parents had any comments before he signed the adoption papers. Greg and I both asked Bobby if he realized that becoming a Taylor meant that we fully expected him to complete college with a degree and become a vital member of his community by giving back. Bobby, with his green eyes shining, said YES and we've never veered from that course. Football was never mentioned in the contract with Bobby because he was a short and fat ADHD silly kid at that point. He had never played a down in his life or even watched a full game of football on TV. So, we arrive here from a different path than most other parents and players. Greg and I come here already overwhelmed with his success and our blessings and simply practice gratitude for the day. Yes, we want Bobby to be all that he can be but we aren't pie in the sky--- we've had a reality check for years while raising #2. Like I always say, we are just grateful to have a healthy kid on the field--- because that's more than we could say this time last year. Parents reading this: go home and love your kid, praise your child, and then go hit your knees in prayer that God will watch over them when you can't. Namaste-- Mom with da OM

Ah,Waco Honey, you tell me the sweetest things! I adore you too, my boo boo bear baby.

Hey, you mom is yelling down to ask if she can use facebook for awhile, so be nice and share the computer. I think that new Amway salesman she's hooked up with in Kentucky just might be your new daddy! Free Amway, just think of it! Heaven is: you, your tuba, and your mom making us cookies before Sponge Bob comes on. Maybe we could have a doulble wedding?

Yours,

Judo Jaw

I control your every thought. I own you. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Comp, you gotta know we don't begin to dream that Bobby will go D1. We know the reality check out there. Greg and are are coming from a much more humble place called gratitude for the here and now. The facts are that Bobby could reasonably still be in his 8th foster home or more; he could be in juvie or jail; he has had every opportunity to be a druggie and quit ball, school, or our family and be living out his teen years in some state facility. So when you start at THAT place, then D2 looks like a God gift and D3-D27 would be complete Grace by God; just entertaining the idea that Bobby will go to College is a miracle. He'll be the only person from his biological family to finish 8th grade or higher. Nevermind that he's also a really good kid (after lots of hard knocks along the way). Bobby is committed to his faith, his family, his church, his education, and repairing generational dysfunction is his biological family while setting a good example for other kids clawing their way out of the system. THAT is our personal D1 on the Taylor Ranch. When we were all seated with the judge to adopt him, the judge asked if the parents had any comments before he signed the adoption papers. Greg and I both asked Bobby if he realized that becoming a Taylor meant that we fully expected him to complete college with a degree and become a vital member of his community by giving back. Bobby, with his green eyes shining, said YES and we've never veered from that course. Football was never mentioned in the contract with Bobby because he was a short and fat ADHD silly kid at that point. He had never played a down in his life or even watched a full game of football on TV. So, we arrive here from a different path than most other parents and players. Greg and I come here already overwhelmed with his success and our blessings and simply practice gratitude for the day. Yes, we want Bobby to be all that he can be but we aren't pie in the sky--- we've had a reality check for years while raising #2. Like I always say, we are just grateful to have a healthy kid on the field--- because that's more than we could say this time last year. Parents reading this: go home and love your kid, praise your child, and then go hit your knees in prayer that God will watch over them when you can't. Namaste-- Mom with da OM

The one thing that will be noticed about the Duece by all this season over and above his football prowess is his intelligence factor. One interview by Kacey Marlar and the public will be in love with #2. His charisma and natural ability to communicate will radiate from Pactolus. It's not just spittin' game. There is sincerity in his voice. Maybe he is that good. Or maybe he is just a compasionate, caring, person inside. He has my respect...always has had. I felt you were a bit hard on him last year (I can say that now) but then I don't know what all he came from and what you've been through with him. I will say that the Rebels lost their vocal leader to graduation but gained a new leader with twice the ability. He paid his dues and now it's his turn. And yes he can play D1. All I meant to say was to prepare yourself for anything that comes...or doesn't come. But above all, savor each and every second of this experience that you are about to be embraced with because when the cold wind blows it will be done. But the memories will keep you warm for eternity. So there you go sister...you got your ticket. You're getting ready to get on the most awsome roller coaster your life has seen. Enjoy it...you earned it. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I control your every thought. I own you. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

But I already TOLD you that baby. You're all I think of. You and boiled peanuts. All day I profess my love for you even over your mama's best butter cookie recipe. It's all you Waccooooobabybooobooobooo.

With love, your Judo Jaw 4ever

But I already TOLD you that baby. You're all I think of. You and boiled peanuts. All day I profess my love for you even over your mama's best butter cookie recipe. It's all you Waccooooobabybooobooobooo.

With love, your Judo Jaw 4ever

boiled peanuts /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> So thats where that smell is coming from /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />