'09 South Rebels, Starting Lineup

muttandjeff

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sophmore most likely to get playing time could be T. Nelson.

The 5th o lineman looks to be either Jake Louge or Jay Conkin.

Has anyone got an official schedule?

You can view the schedule for '09 by clicking the schedule heading at the top of this page and finding Sullivan South.

Thanks for the player info. I'm interested in Trevor Nelson. Position.size, middle school roots? Also, from the freshman games I saw last year, looked like a very good player from Sullivan, C.J. Morelock? good size and aggressive player. ..I haven't heard anyone mention him.

Good to hear about Ethan Long too. What position will he play?OLB? It's great to hear about players that like to hit. If Jay Conkin can nail down that other O-line spot ,it would mean no 2-way linemen-great depth.

This may be a bit off topic, but could someone tell me if there have been any significant new additions or improvements to the football locker rooms and training facilities since Doc McMillin left the program about 4 years ago. I know that with the run of wins South has to be generating some money, but is it keeping up with the joneses so to speak in regards to facilities that help to keep your program on the uptrend. Are there still a lot of daddies and mommies comitted to giving the Rebels these advantages? Just askin.

Oh and one other thing, Volman, you just don't know that HEDrick kid very well. He may not like playing football but it has nothing to do with being afraid of contact. I know the kid real well and he has never complained about the physical nature of football. He is a bit behind his age group in growth and took a beating without complaining last year at CHMS. He is as heady and athletic as anyone in his class. He may never play football at Sullivan South, but we don't need to make sure of that by downgrading his talents on an anonymous internet message board.

This may be a bit off topic, but could someone tell me if there have been any significant new additions or improvements to the football locker rooms and training facilities since Doc McMillin left the program about 4 years ago. I know that with the run of wins South has to be generating some money, but is it keeping up with the joneses so to speak in regards to facilities that help to keep your program on the uptrend. Are there still a lot of daddies and mommies comitted to giving the Rebels these advantages? Just askin.

Oh and one other thing, Volman, you just don't know that HEDrick kid very well. He may not like playing football but it has nothing to do with being afraid of contact. I know the kid real well and he has never complained about the physical nature of football. He is a bit behind his age group in growth and took a beating without complaining last year at CHMS. He is as heady and athletic as anyone in his class. He may never play football at Sullivan South, but we don't need to make sure of that by downgrading his talents on an anonymous internet message board.

Expanded lockers,remodeled film room and recently remodeled coaches office.

There is only so much you can do with available space. The facility is very nice in my opinion and as you mentioned Dr. McMillin got all of that rolling with a lot of focus and effort 5 years ago.

Headrick would project to be a contributing WR as Jr and Sr IMO. And he may yet elect to play. I would think he would be better served to initiate that position transition in South's system as a freshman and then consider his options his soph. year. I envision him as another Henry Ringley/Seth Johnson WR type who were primarily basketball and baseball guys who discovered Stacy's brand of run and shoot to be a fun aspect of football. As we well know they were very successful in that transition after not playing high school ball their 1st years on campus. Headrick has good speed and catches the ball well. As SSFan mentioned,lets not give up on him and keep the encouragement up for all these kids.

I guess you are right. I have seen kids "turn the corner" later than others so I'd say it was unfair of me to say he doesn't have a future in football. I was actually complimenting his baseball talents more so than noting what I thought were football shortcomings. The kid is very athletic and has a bright future in baseball.

You can view the schedule for '09 by clicking the schedule heading at the top of this page and finding Sullivan South.

Thanks for the player info. I'm interested in Trevor Nelson. Position.size, middle school roots? Also, from the freshman games I saw last year, looked like a very good player from Sullivan, C.J. Morelock? good size and aggressive player. ..I haven't heard anyone mention him.

Good to hear about Ethan Long too. What position will he play?OLB? It's great to hear about players that like to hit. If Jay Conkin can nail down that other O-line spot ,it would mean no 2-way linemen-great depth.

The Morelock name out Sullivan West way historically is synonomous with the word "HIT". I would venture to say he is in some way related to Chris Morelock. And based on that relation I would put bank on him being a future star Rebel.

The Morelock name out Sullivan West way historically is synonomous with the word "HIT". I would venture to say he is in some way related to Chris Morelock. And based on that relation I would put bank on him being a future star Rebel.

Chris could put this to rest, but I don't think there is any relation to Chris Morelock, the Chris Morelock who played at GT.

Check out the Earl Nall pre-season performance ratings. The Sullivan South Rebels are ranked 4th in state very close to Henry Co. ,Hillsboro,and Knox Catholic. Our opening foe,Knox West is 25th. Dobyns-Bennett is 9th in 6A while their opening opponent,Farragut is 6th. The rankings are nice to look at because they give a good look at the restructured classes.

Check out the Earl Nall pre-season performance ratings. The Sullivan South Rebels are ranked 4th in state very close to Henry Co. ,Hillsboro,and Knox Catholic. Our opening foe,Knox West is 25th. Dobyns-Bennett is 9th in 6A while their opening opponent,Farragut is 6th. The rankings are nice to look at because they give a good look at the restructured classes.

I don't guess Big Earl has done his sports homework.Dobyns Bennett returns one or two starters on defense and three or four on offense.The only good that comes out of this is DB's first couple of games against super good teams will bring their best and help DB become a better team

I don't guess Big Earl has done his sports homework.Dobyns Bennett returns one or two starters on defense and three or four on offense.The only good that comes out of this is DB's first couple of games against super good teams will bring their best and help DB become a better team

They never do their homework. Im suprised he didn't have DB at about 5th. At this point I don't think DB or South are a top 10 team.

They never do their homework. Im suprised he didn't have DB at about 5th. At this point I don't think DB or South are a top 10 team.

It's hard to loose athletes like Jamie{QB},Adams{wideout} all the linemen and players on offense alone.Add all the fine players on defense as well and it will take some work.There's talent on the team,but it must be battle tested and molded before you can say this is anywhere close to the very best in the state. I would love to be ranked number one at the end of the season like last year if there wasn't a playoff.