'09 South Rebels, Starting Lineup

muttandjeff

Per M&J,back on thread topic: sounds like we are still searching for a 5th O-lineman looking at the projection. Who was there in the spring? Any chance Hammonds,Logue, or Redbone could play both ways? It is going to be a real luxury to have no one doing double duty if there is someone else to play O-line. I cannot remember that being the case in recent years.

Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Coach Weston is considering retirement soon? I would hate to lose a coach of his caliber during the nest few years.

Do you actually have a player named Redbone? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per M&J,back on thread topic: sounds like we are still searching for a 5th O-lineman looking at the projection. Who was there in the spring? Any chance Hammonds,Logue, or Redbone could play both ways? It is going to be a real luxury to have no one doing double duty if there is someone else to play O-line. I cannot remember that being the case in recent years.

Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Coach Weston is considering retirement soon? I would hate to lose a coach of his caliber during the nest few years.

Has the Holston RB/QB been coming to summer drills? As well, was he successful in bringing his lineman friend? I realize a Frosh lineman can't help our delimna but just curious about the progression.

I would think Weston to stay. He has been around the block but he's never been to the candy shop. If he left and Stacy went to the State he would be devastated. He will stay until South gets dismantled due to anexation.

Do you actually have a player named Redbone? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Aaaugghh Yeeahhh! His famous saying is, "Bend over and I'll drive"! Tell your O linemen to make sure to play face up 'cause once they get turned around...it's a compromise. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Aaaugghh Yeeahhh! His famous saying is, "Bend over and I'll drive"! Tell your O linemen to make sure to play face up 'cause once they get turned around...it's a compromise. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Not Good! Please give some details. According to Volman...Wait a minute...isn't he a rising 8th grader?

He'll be a freshman. Fast, but I have to side with jhilts on this one. Doesn't like contact at all unless it's hitting a baseball. That's his ticket and he's made a wise choice. I have heard that the Weaver kid is in camp.

My two cents (second hand).

Wes W. is WR now, but could change?

Z will do it all as a DB. Just load up the other side.

Not this year on Wagner or AJ. Burnt many times in 7 on 7.

JJ needs to sit down, listen and learn and he will be a fine player. Not this year.

Feynves has only been to one or two practices....Hope he's ready. Need to get him a lot of game speed snaps. More to kicking than just kicking.

Headrick overrated above. He probably made the best decision for himself.

Agreed on all points.

Our O Line will be just fine. Yours might need to watch out because they may end up with their D*** in the dirt. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Agreed. Heard it from many and noticed it myself.

No doubt that HH is pushing SC for the top spot, but I'm telling you right now---ain't gonna happen unless HH grows 3 inches, put on 20 lbs, and retains his speed. HH can throw, but you'll see in 7-7, I predict, that he does not throw the ball better than the saint--not getting the ball to the receiver on the break---it's about timing and smarts. Don't get me wrong---I don't care who the starting QB is (actually if HH was QB, then SC could fill the OLB spot)----HH hasn't played but 2 games in 2 years and I just don't know if the timing will be there. Again, don't get me wrong, I hope he is the best QB in TN, I just have my opinion.

Has the Holston RB/QB been coming to summer drills? As well, was he successful in bringing his lineman friend? I realize a Frosh lineman can't help our delimna but just curious about the progression.

I would think Weston to stay. He has been around the block but he's never been to the candy shop. If he left and Stacy went to the State he would be devastated. He will stay until South gets dismantled due to anexation.

I am not aware of any transfers other than the one you allude to and my understanding there is: no workouts until the lottery is official. I hope you are correct about Coach Weston's situation. He does a great job every year with the DB's.

Who will be the 5th 0-lineman? Punter candidates? Who is most likely to see action from the sophomore class and at what position?

Who is most likely to see action from the sophomore class and at what position?

None, with the exception of Feynves?. At least while the game is in question. Too loaded in the upper classes.

But, here is some notables:

Strongest: JC Garvin, Trevor Nelson, Alex Perry <--may have quit

Fastest: Riley Anderson, J Groomes, Paul Wagner

Best Arm: JJ, Alex Rogers

Kickers: Feynves? Brooks Davis...no punters

Sorry to those left out...would be glad for feedback.

None, with the exception of Feynves?. At least while the game is in question. Too loaded in the upper classes.

But, here is some notables:

Strongest: JC Garvin, Trevor Nelson, Alex Perry <--may have quit

Fastest: Riley Anderson, J Groomes, Paul Wagner

Best Arm: JJ, Alex Rogers

Kickers: Feynves? Brooks Davis...no punters

Sorry to those left out...would be glad for feedback.

I agree,I don't see any sophmore's getting much playing time..maybe some on special teams.And look for Redbone,Jake and Dillion to spend some time on offense..And look for Ethan Long to have a big year...he is a head hunter,he is one of the hardest hitters on the team.And from what I 've seen he see's the field well.