'09 South Rebels, Starting Lineup

muttandjeff

Is this the thread where knowledgeable people will actually discuss football? If so, some of us out there would like to be enlightened by those "in the know" about what is going on with South players. Anyone know anything about camps being attended by Ty or others, and any news on colleges interested in Ty or Bobby or anyone? I heard several players went to a good camp in NC -- anyone know how that went?

Apparently Ty and Bobby have been hitting the road alots----MTSU, Appy State, Furman, Wofford, UTC, EKU, WKU, VA-Tech, Wake Forest, to name a few. Logue has been to some, maybe Clint. Bobby, Ty, Logue, McGlothlin, Haden all went to the Blue Chip Academy in Mars Hill recently. I heard from one of the coaches that Ty is getting looks from 1-15 schools and has already received an offer for full ride to VMI. Saw Ty a few days ago, he is lean and looks strong. Bobby as well. Logue is a beast.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Ty and Bobby have been hitting the road alots----MTSU, Appy State, Furman, Wofford, UTC, EKU, WKU, VA-Tech, Wake Forest, to name a few. Logue has been to some, maybe Clint. Bobby, Ty, Logue, McGlothlin, Haden all went to the Blue Chip Academy in Mars Hill recently. I heard from one of the coaches that Ty is getting looks from 1-15 schools and has already received an offer for full ride to VMI. Saw Ty a few days ago, he is lean and looks strong. Bobby as well. Logue is a beast.

What these guys are doing is flat out work. Curt did it from January through the beginning of summer practice...many times all alone. It is work and it is sometimes demeaning. If you want to go to college this is the drill. You parents of underclassmen take note. You will travel every weekend and sometimes twice a week. This can be a lonely road or it can be a party. Depends on your performance and what they are looking for. In the end, you as parents will spend a bunch of money to get them in front of the right people and if they do get a ride you will be like...well at least I get reimbursed. Ha! but that's not what it is about and we all know that. Going to be a bunch of rides at SS this year.

South players aren't the only ones in search of scholarships. There are several from other schools who are dancing the same dance and have just as many colleges interested in them as well. It is alot of traveling and alot of money and work for the kids. Hope it turns out well for as many as possible!

Thanks for using actual names. I know who your talking about now.

South players aren't the only ones in search of scholarships. There are several from other schools who are dancing the same dance and have just as many colleges interested in them as well. It is alot of traveling and alot of money and work for the kids. Hope it turns out well for as many as possible!

'Sounds like you are upset that the viking kids were not mentioned, but don't be, I guess M&J was just talking south boys, since this is a South thread. But you are correct. Vikings John Ellis Davis, Al Taylor, Taylor Harmon, Brad Tallman, Pendleton, and possibly others are making the investment. Falcon--Luke Cradic has been doing the dew as well. Good luck to all.

I just heard from a friend who knew a lot about the Blue Chip camp -- said the camp had over 40 college coaches who worked with nearly 300 kids, who were mostly seniors serious about playing at the next level. He said Jake made it into the group competing for the top lineman and a kid from TN High was in top 4. Also Ty's 7 on 7 team did really well and was in semi-finals. Heath was chosen by the coaches as one of the top 5 players across all skill positions and was the only quarterback who won (and as just a junior). All this is pretty impressive. Of course, we know South players aren't the only ones working hard and doing well, but it sounds like our crew performed exceptionally well at this camp among really good players from all over. Good luck to all of them!

'Sounds like you are upset that the viking kids were not mentioned, but don't be, I guess M&J was just talking south boys, since this is a South thread. But you are correct. Vikings John Ellis Davis, Al Taylor, Taylor Harmon, Brad Tallman, Pendleton, and possibly others are making the investment. Falcon--Luke Cradic has been doing the dew as well. Good luck to all.

Dew! I wanna' do the Dew! That'd be Mountain Dew...Hawkins County style! Sweet water it is. Down in that little corner of Greene, Hawkins and Sullivan county. After doing the Due I need some Dew just to get ready for what else I gotta' do! And that'd be enduring Lady Rebels basketball season. Core...just playin' Honey. You know I love ya'. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

VT...Honey...it's a South thread...and you know how we git. You are more than welcome tho'. And we know all to well what the Vikings bring to the table for '09. And we'd reckon that you got 6 or 7 boys that are sceerie good. Couple that with the revenge factor of gittin' busted in the mouth...yet agin'...and I 'magine yall gonna' be out for blood. Ain't no guarantees in this conference this year. You are one of the big 4 you know. Look out for Coach Jenkins tho' 'cause he's gonna' want to be the spoiler...so don't count him out. Otherwise come talk trash on one of the other X rated South/DB threads...and bring yo peeps. This here thread is for serious stuff like paying dew...er' due...so git your thread straight and let er' rip. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Ya gotta admit I'm a whole lot nicer that Waco even if I am intruding on your thread! Not upset at all-just giving a little info but it sounds like you know more than me. You sure you're not a THS fan?

VT...Honey...it's a South thread...and you know how we git. You are more than welcome tho'. And we know all to well what the Vikings bring to the table for '09. And we'd reckon that you got 6 or 7 boys that are sceerie good. Couple that with the revenge factor of gittin' busted in the mouth...yet agin'...and I 'magine yall gonna' be out for blood. Ain't no guarantees in this conference this year. You are one of the big 4 you know. Look out for Coach Jenkins tho' 'cause he's gonna' want to be the spoiler...so don't count him out. Otherwise come talk trash on one of the other X rated South/DB threads...and bring yo peeps. This here thread is for serious stuff like paying dew...er' due...so git your thread straight and let er' rip. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Yep, I know it's a South thread but couldn't resist and I'll tell you what I told rebeltothecore---I'm a whole lot nicer than Waco! I wish our THS thread would perk up but most people up our way kinda keep it all to themselves. We like keeping secrets!

Yep, I know it's a South thread but couldn't resist and I'll tell you what I told rebeltothecore---I'm a whole lot nicer than Waco! I wish our THS thread would perk up but most people up our way kinda keep it all to themselves. We like keeping secrets!

Well you got Cap1. Now I know his boys are gone but he set the tone on these here boards since 2001 and swappin' licks with him was 4 quarters all on it's own. So we just living out the legacy he started. You see, we are loud. We ain't got no secrets. Our cards are on the table. That's how we roll...straight up. See, we got us the Josey Wales...that'd be Stacy Carter. He's done been wronged and is out to right it. Errbody knows when we light the fuse...we just want to see who can get to it in time...ifin' they can. Bottom line is, we were losers for so long we feel like we done been let out of jail and the party ain't even started yet. You might not like us but we shore are a good time. You might want to come on down to the South side...and have some Rebelaid. Bring ye' boy...we just might have a place fer im. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />