Seymour Soccer

semofan17

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is time to stop bashing Coach Norwood! Anyone who knows him knows that he is a great man. The reason people are so upset that he left Seymour is due to that fact, HE IS A GREAT MAN! People never complain when a coach they hate leaves.

This is an opportunity for Coach Norwood to better himself with a new challenge. When a coach leaves one place to go to another, it is a chance for them to instill thier traditions and start over fresh.

I think the World of the Seymour Girls and their parents. They are great people. I know that when the dust settles that everyone will look past their own agendas and realize that a man made him self better, and that is what any parent would want their child to do.

I wish Seymour all the best and I wish Coach Norwood and Sevier County all the best.

Lets stop the bashing of a great person who is making himself better, and start focusing on the season that is close.

All kinds of rumors will fly, but think about what the paper said; Sevier county has the fields, admin and athletic director support. That is something Seymour does not have! The only bad thing is Bobby went to the biggest rival and knowing we have to play them.

All kinds of rumors will fly, but think about what the paper said; Sevier county has the fields, admin and athletic director support. That is something Seymour does not have! The only bad thing is Bobby went to the biggest rival and knowing we have to play them.

I heard Pro/Tool has put up a bundle like the " booster club " did for SCHS! I even heard some pretty big fish are now swimming around on our end of the pond! You go Pro Tool........ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

huh?

Thats what I thought. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe it's some super secret Seymour code...pro/tool ???? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I heard Pro/Tool has put up a bundle like the " booster club " did for SCHS! I even heard some pretty big fish are now swimming around on our end of the pond! You go Pro Tool........ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Way to be mature about it, don't you think your behavior maybe a detriment to the Seymour program. I get it Bobby left and you are upset about it, is there a need to take it to such a personal level? Have you not change jobs before? I am certain you have and your bashing of him is unwarranted. I know Bobby since he was in high school, and my friend a tool Bobby is not.

Way to be mature about it, don't you think your behavior maybe a detriment to the Seymour program. I get it Bobby left and you are upset about it, is there a need to take it to such a personal level? Have you not change jobs before? I am certain you have and your bashing of him is unwarranted. I know Bobby since he was in high school, and my friend a tool Bobby is not.

I told myself I was not going to respond to this, but here we go....

I would first like to say thanks to all my fellow coaches and friends for your kind words on here. I knew there were going to be some hard feelings when this tough decision was made. I hate to see everything my old parents and players are saying (Semofan17----aka Mrs. Suttles). I wish they would just call and talk to me, but it is much easier to hide behind a screen name and say anything and everything you want. The truth is i still love all my players and parents at Seymour, and always will.

While I was at Seymour I gave the kids there everything I had. Over that time many relationships were built with kids and parents. The fact is I truly would have loved to stay at Seymour forever, I played there during my high school years. The problem is my vision for what it takes to have a successful program and the administrations are different. Therefore I chose to explore other options. With that said yes I did go to another school in the county. And yes Seymour and Sevier County will be in the same district.

With this change me and my wife do not have to move, My child will get to have the same babysitter I had, and I am still HOME. Yes I am not wearing blue and gold, but a part of me will always be there.

The thing with high school sports is every 4 years the kids come and go. Me as the coach if when I chose to leave will always be leaving kids I am attached to. I was lucky when I came to Seymour to have a great group of freshman come in on the boys and girls side. This next year all those kids will be seniors. I would love nothing more than to see those kids thru to their senior year. Would this job be available next year, NO. So that is why My wife, Cory, and I set down several times to talk about this opportunity.

I think every man deserves the right to wake up in the morning and be happy about going to work and doing a job. Some people don't have this opportunity, and I am lucky to have an opportunity like this. I was in Seymour for 3 years, and I was not happy dealing with the issues off the field that were going on (not with players and parents). The issues are way to much to explain on here. If you are a parent or player in Seymour you know what I am talking about. It has been this way forever. It was like this when I was a player at Seymour. I came back home and tried to help change things. I think we made some progress, but not like I had envisioned. It was the first time Seymour has ever had a soccer coach with knowledge of the game and a background playing it. I think this is what makes it harder for the kids and parents.

I am confident Seymour will hire a good coach. If he needs me I will help him anyway I can, because I want nothing more than to see the kids I have been able to coach be successful both on the field and in life.

I just hope that if anyone who has talked to me over the last three years while I have either coached you or your child would feel comfortable coming and talking to me about this situation, rather than on here. I am tired of getting phone calls from friends, colleagues, and players asking me if I had got on Coacht and read what they are writing.

With all this said I am not going to write anything else on this subject.