Westmoreland Eagle Football

Eag4LIFE

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Westmoreland is making the transition very effectively. I have not seen the "single wing" ran too many times in person but I do know that a lot of modern day spread stuff that high school teams are using does have some of the same principles as that offense. Here in Cheatham Co. coach Ralph Spangler won a whole lot of football games (115-45-3 overall record) running that offense. That was from 1951-1969. Just to think that 40 years later teams are still running that offense and doing it effectively let's ya know that football really doesn't have to be that complicated. Good luck to the Eagles this year!

It sounds like Westmoreland is making the transition very effectively. I have not seen the "single wing" ran too many times in person but I do know that a lot of modern day spread stuff that high school teams are using does have some of the same principles as that offense. Here in Cheatham Co. coach Ralph Spangler won a whole lot of football games (115-45-3 overall record) running that offense. That was from 1951-1969. Just to think that 40 years later teams are still running that offense and doing it effectively let's ya know that football really doesn't have to be that complicated. Good luck to the Eagles this year!

Coach Bradley ran the single wing in Perry County very effectively. Hope he and his new team have a great season!

got to watch the scrimmage with Clarksville Northwest last night. Eagles won 8 to 6. it was a defensive struggle early, eagles fumbled and were dropping passes that kept them from moving the ball early but woke up in the second half of the game and really drove the ball well. IMHO eagles are not as talented on the line as they have been in the past but backfield looks pretty good. defense looked really good at times and average at other but i guess that goes with having younger players. several sophmores are playing several roles.

one kid looked to have a pretty heavy concussion... anyone have an update on him??

Westmoreland plays trousdale tomorrow in a jamboree.

Boobs..........where are all the Eagle faithful? Somebody needs to go by stinking creek and check on the Northern Sumner Rural Mail Carrier.