Oliver Springs Bobcats 2009

92Dragon

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8-2 is pretty bold. Who are you predicting to beat the 'cats this year?

I would have to say Oneida and a toss up between Coalfield or Clay Co. I think O.S will lose 1 of those games but not both. I know it sounds crazy, but i think O.S is getting better and they will be in a easier district in my opinion.

I would have to say Oneida and a toss up between Coalfield or Clay Co. I think O.S will lose 1 of those games but not both. I know it sounds crazy, but i think O.S is getting better and they will be in a easier district in my opinion.

I'm sure OS is improving & they do drop some pretty stiff compitetion from last years schedule. I wouldn't overlook those SOR boys, they don't talk much but they normally strap it up with the best of 'em. Best of luck to your 'cats this season . . . well best of luck 9 out of 10 weeks anyway /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm sure OS is improving & they do drop some pretty stiff compitetion from last years schedule. I wouldn't overlook those SOR boys, they don't talk much but they normally strap it up with the best of 'em. Best of luck to your 'cats this season . . . well best of luck 9 out of 10 weeks anyway /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Actually, im a Clinton Dragon fan, but i did play little league for Oliver Springs so i try and keep up with what they are doing and pull for them. My Dragons have an open date the week of the Oneida @ Coalfield game so i guess i will be making a trip to Morgan Co to check you guys out! Good luck to you guys as well this year, you are my pick to win your district again this year!

Actually, im a Clinton Dragon fan, but i did play little league for Oliver Springs so i try and keep up with what they are doing and pull for them. My Dragons have an open date the week of the Oneida @ Coalfield game so i guess i will be making a trip to Morgan Co to check you guys out! Good luck to you guys as well this year, you are my pick to win your district again this year!

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the pick but there's a long road ahead before that can happen. Oneida has a bunch of seniors returning but they sure have some big shoes to fill. They're gonna have to step up & take the leadership role on the field & in the iron works for this team to fulfill their potential. See you on the fence.

I wish the very besy best for Oliver Springs this coming year. I just want to warn all Teams playing them this year to dicuss cut blocks with your defensive lineman. I recently watched our game last year against OS and counted 15 times that my son was cut blocked. Yes, 100% perfectly legal blocks but maybe not called for. Again, PLEASE discuss with your D Line.

Be sure to tell your offensive players that O.S. defense might try to tackle you and keep you from scoring too....those kids are out of control, lol.....im just kidding! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Last summer I ran into mike ingle, a former clinton assistant, and he was coaching at o.s. Does anybody know if he still is?

• 2 weeks later...

With the schedule OS has this year there should be no reason they don't go 8-2, 7-3 at the worst. Come on look at who they're playing! Hancock, Oakdale, Jellico, Sunbright, Wartburg, Clay County. Midway lost Poe and Ray. Coalfield was down last year and I don't see them making huge gains this year. Oneida will be the only team they play with a winning record at the end of regular season.

With the schedule OS has this year there should be no reason they don't go 8-2, 7-3 at the worst. Come on look at who they're playing! Hancock, Oakdale, Jellico, Sunbright, Wartburg, Clay County. Midway lost Poe and Ray. Coalfield was down last year and I don't see them making huge gains this year. Oneida will be the only team they play with a winning record at the end of regular season.

Exactly! Besides the schedule, they are actually getting better too!

Isnt there anyone out there that agrees or disagrees?