Hixson coach resigns

wilson25

Ooltewah's coach didn't resign (get fired). Tate won her titles back in 82&83, 25 years ago. What has she done this century? Losing sectional games is nothing to brag about BigJ. Does Big J stand for Janet? Is that you Tate? Who else but Indian would stick up for you?

Id rather lose a secttional game, than not even be in one! Isn't that Wilson's philosophy? He said he would rather be the waterboy at a good program, than the top assistant at a bad one. As much as I respect Ooltewah's program, they didn't make it to sectionals this year, just like Hixson! Its obvious Wilson has low regard for Coach Tate. Thats his opinion, but I don't thing its the consensus opinion of Coach Tate. Like most long-term successful coaches, she had her good years and some lean years. Name one successfull coach who never had a few rough years? The fact that she was coaching in the 80's and winning, says a lot about her knowledge and skill. Its a shame that people have to assassinate others in these types of forums. Maybe Coach Tate can take the Ooltewah job next year when they fail to make sectionals again and force their coach out!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id rather lose a secttional game, than not even be in one! Isn't that Wilson's philosophy? He said he would rather be the waterboy at a good program, than the top assistant at a bad one. As much as I respect Ooltewah's program, they didn't make it to sectionals this year, just like Hixson! Its obvious Wilson has low regard for Coach Tate. Thats his opinion, but I don't thing its the consensus opinion of Coach Tate. Like most long-term successful coaches, she had her good years and some lean years. Name one successfull coach who never had a few rough years? The fact that she was coaching in the 80's and winning, says a lot about her knowledge and skill. Its a shame that people have to assassinate others in these types of forums. Maybe Coach Tate can take the Ooltewah job next year when they fail to make sectionals again and force their coach out!

Clifford Kirk at Soddy Daisy, when was the last time he had a lean year?

There was a stretch of a few years where Baylor and Ooltewah were clearly the top 2 teams in town, and Red Bank competed with them when they had a season where nearly every starter ended up signing. Was Kirk awful those seasons? Did he forget how to coach? East Ridge was better later in the decade, again did that mean Kirk turned bad for individual seasons? No, of course not...

There was a stretch of a few years where Baylor and Ooltewah were clearly the top 2 teams in town, and Red Bank competed with them when they had a season where nearly every starter ended up signing. Was Kirk awful those seasons? Did he forget how to coach? East Ridge was better later in the decade, again did that mean Kirk turned bad for individual seasons? No, of course not...

Soddy Daisy alway's has a competitive team that searches out the best competition they can find so they can improve. Hixson stuck there head in the sand last year and hid.

• 8 months later...
Will Hixson win a game this year?

WOW. I just wanna start by saying that you are making the ooltewah program look bad right now. You are representing them on this message board and you are completely bashing the ex hixson coach. What kinda person does that????

To be honest I think there is some bad blood between the two of you, I have no idea what it could possibly be, but all this seems a bit unneccessary to me.

Coach Tate was a great coach and a very well respected woman around here (besides wilson of course) even when she was losing. She did what she could with what she had and she didn't have much thats for sure.

Anyways Hixson has a strong senior led team this year and i don't wanna jinx em but look 4 them to make some noise around town this year. Coach Bray has em workin hard!!!